Author Topic: In Your Face  (Read 940 times)

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
In Your Face
« on: September 16, 2003, 02:55:25 AM »
I noticed this last time around, but it still gets me. Could the actors be any closer when talking or yelling in each other face.  I want to take a step back for them.  What about personal space.  Yesterday I was visiting with my cousin and she was a close talker, I just kept stepping back and yet she took a step forward.

Would someone give those "Faye" girls a new song!  Maybe Santa could put some sheet music in there stockings.

Birdie--I don't want to go to work humming "I want to dance with You"  someone might get the wrong idea!
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
Re:In Your Face
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2003, 03:08:00 PM »
I noticed this last time around, but it still gets me. Could the actors be any closer when talking or yelling in each other face.  I want to take a step back for them.  What about personal space.  Yesterday I was visiting with my cousin and she was a close talker, I just kept stepping back and yet she took a step forward.

Would someone give those "Faye" girls a new song!  Maybe Santa could put some sheet music in there stockings.

Birdie--I don't want to go to work humming "I want to dance with You"  someone might get the wrong idea!

Birdie,

I just hope that Dan Curtis had lots of Listerine mouth wash and Certs mints readily available for all of those Dark Shadows actors who were working in such "close" proximity to one another.

As to the fabulous Faye girls' theme song, can you imagine if Mrs. Johnson ever sang that particular number on the show?  I can see it now, Mrs. Johnson, attired in her stylish black dress, standing on the stage at the Blue Whale on Saturday night and crooning:

"I want to dance for you,
Want to dance your cares away.
I'll do the Hootch-ee-coo,
And Tarara-boom-dee-ay!" as the venerable Collinwood housekeeper shakes her booty to the "delight" of the crowd at the Blue Whale.

Then again, maybe we wouldn't want to see Harry Johnson's mom "interpret" Pansy and Letitia's signature song after all. 

Bob the Bartender, who asks the question, are Pansy and Letitia Faye ancestors of that great Catskills comedian/actor, Joey Faye?

Offline Julian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2003, 05:40:09 PM »
I've never understood the connection between Pansy and Letitia except for them having the same last name and singing the same song.  Are they related?  Or is it that every generation or so an English music hall performer decides to spend some vacation time in Collinsport?

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2003, 02:42:49 AM »
I never got the connection between Leticia and Pansy, either.  I think the writers just wanted to hurry up and get into this one, and after spending so much time whipping up new characters, they got pooped by the time they came to Miss Barrett, so they decided to simply reinvent the wheel.  Besides, Bob Cobert was busy coming up with the haunting "Joanna's Theme", so he just didn't have the time to pump out a new song for Miss Barrett's character.

Gerard

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2003, 09:39:09 PM »
Birdie...I agree...it's not necessarily about breath, it's

euww...just get AWAY from me...don't breath my air.

IMHO...I always felt Nancy Barrett doesn't really have any good roles from here on in :'(

Patti
What a Woman!