Author Topic: Me-TV Network  (Read 3947 times)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: Me-TV Network
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2013, 03:59:44 AM »
DLA I have a buddy who gets Me-TV which isn't on his cable roster via some kind of antenna he positioned on the roof, I think.  I know people here in the Boston areas who watch via a new form of rabbit ears. So, there are work arounds.

I luckily own every episode on DVD.  My interest in the topic is mainly along the lines of allowing younger generations the opportunity to see the show and potentially carry the torch forward. Those of us who watched back in the Sixties--sometimes whimsically called "the Ancient Blood"--aren't getting any younger.  alas.

G.

Offline DLA75

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2013, 06:46:43 AM »
Unfortunately I am too far away from Allentown or Bridgeport to get much of a digital signal from either station even if I had an Antenna on my roof.
Dan

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2013, 05:59:10 PM »
That all depends, DLA75. Digital signals travel much farther than the old analog signals did. And some amplified antennas (even indoor ones) can clearly pick up digital signals from over 50 miles away. I know it's possible because I and people I know have done it (with indoor antennas) with some stations that are not included by our cable companies.

Though, of course, we're getting ahead of ourselves here because there is no confirmed word that DS is coming to MeTV.

Offline DLA75

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2013, 06:38:18 PM »
As the crow flies I am around 48 Miles from WFMZ 69.3's transmitter in Allentown, PA and 100 Miles away from WZME 43.1's transmitter in Seymour, CT.
Dan

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2013, 09:19:34 PM »
The Hakawi were a sort of loser Indian tribe much as the fort was a loser fort, so I don't think any generalizations about anyone were being made, G........

You know how the Howkawi got their name, don't you? They picked out a spot and said, "Where the heck are we?"

It is balloon!!!!
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2013, 11:23:27 PM »
You know how the Howkawi got their name, don't you? They picked out a spot and said, "Where the heck are we?"

It is balloon!!!!

(Why yes I do Janet, thank you very much.  Balloon?   Heven't seen F Troop since 80ds at least...  I remember anticipating its 2nd season as a kid, and the poster they'd send if you if you mailed away for one...)

[skelleton_runs]
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Online Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2013, 03:31:30 PM »

Janet the Wicked,

There is another "slightly" more ribald version of that joke regarding the famed "Howkawi" tribe, involving the "Fowkawi" tribe, and the "Where the 'expletive-deleted" are we?" punchline.   [hall_rolleyes] [hall_grin]

Of course, the great "F-Troop" was a tremendous spoof of the old West.  I especially liked Larry Storch's character, Cpl. Randolph T. Agarn, the pride of Passaic, N.J., who always posed the question much too late in a conversation: "Who says I'm dumb?" [hall_undecided] [hall_angry]

DLA75,

Yeah, I don't get the Me-TV  Channel either, but I do get Antenna TV, which, imo, has broadcast "Dennis the Menace" (at the expense of a much better show like "Leave It To Beaver") for far too long.

It's funny, but when I was a little kid, I loved watching "Dennis the Menace."  However, now, as the decades have sped by, I find myself more readily relating with the understandably grumpy and curmudgeonly Mr. Wilson, who just wished that little brat next door would move away with his parents to some other town. [hall_angry] [hall_wink]

I understand that Me-TV broadcasts some other classic shows, such as "Hawaii Five-O" and the aforementioned "LITB."  I hope we get it here in the mid-atlantic states sometime in the near future.

Gothick,

That nickname of "The Ancient Blood" for DS fans of a "certain" age is tremendous (and, alas, oh so true).  [hall_cry] [hall_rolleyes]

The original fans of Dark Shadows, whom the late, great Louis Edmonds would often refer to as the "Dark Shadows kiddies," are now at a point in life where we are discussing our various medical procedures (including colonoscopies, PSA tests, and possibly botox and hair transplant procedures) with one another! [hall_shocked] [hall_cheesy]

Oh, to be eternally young at heart like Ezra Braithwaite and Grandmama Edith Collins!    [skelleton_runs] [8_1_209] [baticon]

Bob

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2013, 03:17:05 AM »
Oh to be brought down by a witch or a vampire or a ghost when the time comes, rather than some boring internal bodily screw-up!   
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Online Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2013, 03:41:32 PM »
MT,

I hear you on that one!  When my time comes to depart this mortal coil, I want to go up in a blaze of flames, just like the bodacious Bathia Mapes so gloriously did, oh so many years ago! [8_1_231] [candle_in_skull_2] [8_1_214] [hall2_grin]

Bob

PS Happy Halloween!!! [Evil_Pumpkins]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2013, 12:46:39 AM »
To you as well Bob... It just hit me that my beloved Halloween emoticons will be gone tomorrow, sniff.   I think immolation would be the last way you'd want to go.  It doesn't happen quite as fast as with B Mapes...

[skull_winks] [bat7628] [skelleton_runs] [candle_in_skull] [female_skull]

Offline Ronny G

• Junior Poster
  • Barnabas Bites Best!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2013, 01:11:13 AM »
Me-TV airs old horror movies hosted by Svenghoolie on Saturday nights and film-noir programs on Sunday nights, so Dark Shadows would fit right into their lineup.

David

« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2013, 02:49:03 AM »
ME airs Twilight Zone, Night Gallery, Boris Karloff Presents Thriller and the Universal monster movies.

Offline PennyDreadful

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Terror at Collinwood
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2013, 12:10:58 AM »
I would love it if DS came to Me-TV! I've been fervently hoping for this to happen! It's a great channel and they keep adding more and more greats shows! DS needs to be on Me-TV!
TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
A podcast dedicated to 'Dark Shadows'
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Weekly hosted horror and suspense films!
On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England
http://www.shillingshockers.com

Offline Ronny G

• Junior Poster
  • Barnabas Bites Best!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2013, 01:11:44 AM »
Me-TV just acquired 2 Krofft Saturday morning TV shows: HR Pufnstuf and Land of the Lost.
The latter has the same "shot-on-videotape" quality that Dark Shadows has, and the same cheesy special-effects that we all love.

Online Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2013, 07:46:35 PM »
Me-TV just acquired 2 Krofft Saturday morning TV shows: HR Pufnstuf and Land of the Lost.
The latter has the same "shot-on-videotape" quality that Dark Shadows has, and the same cheesy special-effects that we all love.

Ronny G,

Ah, yes, the beloved "Land of the Lost," a show more than a few young adults/teenagers tuned into on Saturday morning on their local NBC station, after waking up, and trying to recover from an all too late Friday night on the town. [santa_sad] [santa_cheesy]

Actually, I didn't think the special effects on LOTL were that bad.  What was it they called the T-Rex on the show, "Grumpy," I believe? [santa_undecided]

And, didn't the young Marshall girl, with those long blonde pigtails of hers, look remarkably like the little girl, who portrayed a very young Carolyn Stoddard on one eoisode of DS? [santa_wink]

Bob