Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0560  (Read 770 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0560
« on: October 05, 2013, 04:30:18 PM »
Robservations #560

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0560

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 03:12:40 AM »
For those who need it, the episode can be viewed here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbMCVyMqil0

I LUV Grayson's chic grey suit... exquisite... did she wear it in any other episode?

"I don't know if I can go through with this ... madness."  I wonder sometimes if cast members quoted that line at one another sometimes in rehearsal.

G.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 03:35:35 AM »
Another emblematic line from Julia:  "I no longer know what is right and what is wrong.  I only know what is necessary."

I thought Karlen took the acting award in this episode.  He made the situation feel very real.

Parker was always so good at [spoiler]those climactic vampire bites--wonder if she had been to see some of the Hammer horror films of the period; definitely a touch reminiscent of those.[/spoiler]

This is an example of an episode which features both Grayson and Parker, but Parker does the voice-over.

G.

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 04:33:41 AM »
I certainly don't remember Julia having worn this suit prior. It is très chic and wonderfully tailored. As a matter of fact, this episode should be called four shades of grey because everyone but Barnabas is wearing it. I'd love to see a pic of Nicholas & Julia together in their grey suits.

Frid was out-acted by everyone today. Karlen's scenes with Hall were marvelous, some of the best I've ever seen on the show.

This unlikable Barn is so tiring, it almost seemed childish and so 'yesterday'  but it was very effective. Though Barn didn't act desperate, I can see why he is forcing Willie to assist. I was devastated though when Willie agreed to stay. It seems as though Karlen is attempting a mustache and goatee, but that might be my imagination.

I thought it was pretty cool of the Haskell character to go to Barn & Willie to thank them for saving his life as I would expect that of him. That he tells Barn about Nicholas must come into play somewhere down the line.

Parker does seem to go all out and eyes wide in her bite scenes, lol.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2013, 09:32:29 AM »
Joe swiped Maggie's black afghan...

To me, biting Ang always seems like a kitten taking an overenthusiastic but playful nip at someone.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2013, 09:53:07 PM »
My notes say that everyone in this ep. is wearing a new outfit. Julia's suit is really beautiful--she outshines even Nicholas in the gray dept.

Joe must have been as carefully brought up as the Collinses--he visits the Old House to thank Barn for saving his life. By the end of the scene, they are on a first-name basis at last. Unfortunately, that's Joe's last good moment in this ep.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2013, 01:47:54 AM »
Barnabas leaves Roger out of the Collins death list. I always love how ther is no task too unpleasant for Willie to be forced into doing.  Unsuspecting Joe falls into the fangs of Angeligue.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times