Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0558  (Read 1034 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0558
« on: October 03, 2013, 03:00:03 PM »
Robservations #558

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0558

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 05:04:18 AM »
A replica continuum of yesterday's happenings:

Stokes & Adam; same scenario except this time there is hope that Adam will be swayed to let Vicki go.

Barn & Julia: this time with no interuption from Jeff wait for Stokes and when Jennings is brought up it is with results of Julia's hospital visit: having no luck except learning that Tom's wounds are from that of an animal/vampire and that he is still clinging to life.

Stokes and Barn: and today, Julia, talk about Stokes results with Adam. Stokes shames Julia in a roundabout way to agree to do the experiment should Adam not free Vicki.

Adam decides to free Vicki and goes to Nicholas' place to get her. Nick convinces Adam to change his mind.

Adam and Barn: this time with Julia in attendance; Adam will not let Vicki go. Julia says she will try her best to create a mate for Adam. Barn hedges his bet with the contingency that Adam free Vicki first or no deal. Adam accepts but adds that if Barn doesn't deliver, he will kill the entire Collins clan.

My favorite moment was when Julia asks Barn why he didn't follow Stokes to find out where Adam is (and Vicki, as they would expect). I liked it because that's what I was wondering and the writers told me. Nice. I watched the episode a few hours ago and refreshed my memory with Robservations. I think Hall & Rodan & David gave the best performances by far today. Just when I decided today that HAA is wearing a skull cap, his forehead furrowed, so perhaps it's just a toupee. I'd like to see a street pic of him to see what he looks like without makeup.

Not much to dislike about this episode really. All the characters did what one might expect of them and bravo, Barn, for playing a good round. I haven't a clue as to what happens next. I can't imagine Nick wanting to let Vicki go.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 02:27:47 PM »
Pretty much correct, dom. Stokes attempts to teach Adam empathy. But Nicholas not only changes Adam's mind, he makes things worse. Nicholas is allergic to the word "wrong."

What did Barnabas say when Julia asked him why he didn't follow Stokes? I didn't put that in my notes.

The only thing I have to add is that according to my notes, in the teaser, the opening still photo of Collinwood is reversed--the small tower should be at the left.

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 05:27:18 AM »
Barn answers Julia that Stokes absolutely forbade him from accompanying him for fear it would do more harm than good and Barn decided following him could possibly put Vicki in greater danger.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2013, 09:44:17 AM »
If I have the right episode, from my notes, this one was mostly just a lot of nonsense, except for Nick arriving home and "greeting" Angelique.  This was awkward in a good way, and funny.   The good thing in the storyline at this point is watching Ang steam and stew, and be deeply uncomfortable and frustrated.   Lara is very expressive about all this.   Angelique's pact with Satan isn't turning out to be all that fulfilling or satisfying, on her end of it, but it is for us, the viewers...

[skull_winks] [skelleton_runs] [female_skull]
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2013, 09:44:37 PM »
Thanks, dom--that makes sense to me too.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2013, 01:25:24 AM »
With all the drama over Maggie's illness a year ago, it would seem that someone would recall the bites are the same.  Tom does not even get a guard.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2013, 05:26:19 PM »
Maybe Nicholas cast a spell of forgetting over everyone who remembered the earlier bites.