Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0557  (Read 657 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0557
« on: October 02, 2013, 03:58:45 AM »
Robservations #557

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0557

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 05:32:35 AM »
According to Grayson's OV-O, Adam is no longer a creature, but, a man.

Barn agrees to help Adam. He tries to get Julia on board. Love Julia/Grayson here (it's all good). Barn/Frid sucks. Julia resists and the discussion turns to Tom Jennings and the new vampire in town. Enter Jeff and everything goes downhill from there (acting wise). Well, interestingly enough, Jeff now remembers Adam and Lang's experiment and puts 2 & 2 together re: Vicki's disappearance and the Adam connection. Barn & Jules deny Adam is Lang's creature. As a kid I would have loved Jeff here.

Barn visits and thoroughly annoys Stokes about Vicki's abduction and the Adam connection. David is good here as usual, while Frid is still having difficulty.

In the west wing of the Great House, Stokes confronts Adam about Vicki's abduction and his change in disposition by appealing to his better nature but to no avail; Stokes pretty much gets nowhere as Adam will not be swayed. More good stuff here and very well done by both players.

It is still jolting to me when Stokes displays his distaste for, and inherent mistrust of Barn & Jules (though with good reason).

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 05:43:23 AM »
Adam goes from being a decent guy with a troubled conscience about Vicki, in his talk with Nick, who needs an absolute assurance that she will never be hurt to continue with the plan, to a homicidal maniac who has no problem threatening mass murder if he doesn't get his way, at the end with Barnabas.   Maybe he doesn't mean it, but it sounds as if he does.   Was the extra threat really necessary?   I think he'd only add that because he really was itching to do it.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 10:36:38 AM »
I'm sure he enjoys tormenting Barnabas with it. With Stokes I think it's more to prove how serious he is about it. Push come to shove; I don't think he would do it. But, I don't remember how serious this all gets.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 02:27:13 PM »
A stormy episode. First Adam storms out of the Old House, then Jeff does.

Jeff suspects that Adam is Lang's creation.

Fun to see the professor at home, reading with his monocle. I believe that his "Damnation!" may be the only swear word in the series, but I could be wrong. Stokes has always been one of my favorite characters.

Stokes tells Barnabas, You are very miserly with your information. He agrees to help Barnabas and Julia--but only for Vicki's sake.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, 01:20:53 AM »
Julia doesn't think she can recreate the experiment. It was never mentioned that you needed anything but superior body parts, a life force, and some thread and poor sewing skills. The background music is distracting during the Stokes and Barnabas scene.  Stokes says he detests unannounced visitors but he seems to have had them before.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2013, 03:27:30 AM »
A mountain of complex, detailed surgery would be involved, leaving aside that you can't do any of this with long-dead parts.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor