Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0556  (Read 1246 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0556
« on: September 30, 2013, 03:44:49 PM »
Robservations #556

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0556

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 08:23:30 PM »
Lara is really good in this one.   We get an awful lot of acting just looking at her face as she silently reacts to what Nick says.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 09:18:14 PM »
Nicholas is so pleased with his plans that he can't help boasting about them, even to Angelique. (It's also convenient for us, the audience.) LP does do a good job of glaring at him.

Angelique (wearing a dark green velvet gown with lace collar and cuffs) is amazed when Nicholas tells her, I want to get Adam a mate so he can propagate a race of super-beings who will serve our master and control the world. Nicholas takes a balance scale from the mantel and adroitly uses some loose change to illustrate his point: Even though I cannot create life, I can force Barnabas and Julia to it for me because I have Vicki. So saying, he tosses a whole lot of change into his side of the balance. (I love watching actors work with props!)

The local police officer's badge says "sheriff" even though he's only a deputy.

Since the last episode, Vicki has combed and rearranged her hair, but she did not bring a comb or brush with her when she was kidnapped.

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 03:55:56 AM »
Cute Anthony Perkins' stand-in looking guy. Which reminds me, have we seen the last of Tony Peterson? Is he one of those characters that just never shows up again?

I thought Nicholas was going to implicate Barnabas to the Anthony Perkins' stand-in looking guy, but I was wrong.

I'm not getting why Nick is going through all this Byzantine drama to get Barn & Julia to create Eve. Does he think he can have Adam stand in for him during this whole plan? It doesn't make much sense to me.

Adam has a new hairstyle.

As far as I'm concerned, no one stood out today. Learning Nicholas' plan for world domination was the 'big' moment in today's episode. I wonder how the young fans took that back in the day. It seems a wee bit corny today.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 05:42:00 PM »
have we seen the last of Tony Peterson? Is he one of those characters that just never shows up again?

We'll see him return to Collinwood to suffer more abuse.  [hall2_wink]

Offline dom

• Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 03:20:36 AM »
the poor dear, lol

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2013, 05:48:24 AM »
At this rate, I expect it to turn out that Tony Peterson really went on to the very end of the series, and I just forgot up till now...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2013, 05:32:53 PM »
The fanged Angelique opening her eyes is quite scary.  She prefers death to being a vampire.  As kids we all wanted to be vampires and the idea of living forever and being up at night was really something far out.  She is Nicks slave, but it seemed that way before just that she was a reluctant slave and disobedient.  Nick is to choose her victims and she is to stay away from Barnabas. Good luck with that. Angelique is all interested in the handsome cop and only Nick stops her from taking him and she has already broken the rules.  I really need to take more legible notes. What I thought was Angelique comes to Vickie in a dream from last espiode was really Angelique in Coffin asleep. So today it's Angelique appears and scares Vickie. If Angelique can be believed, Peter and Jeff are the same.  Adam Tells Barnabas that Vickie will die unless he gets his mate.
As what was brought up in the previous watching, how will the new race be created since Adam and his mate are still human with superior body parts,  Will Julia be stationed in a lab churning out creations, and won't the quality suffer as a result, and why can't Nick just conjure up a whole race of dead beings and bring them to life?
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline dom

• Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2013, 09:11:06 AM »
The two creations are supposed to mate & multiply - so in a few centuries, the army should be at least big enough to take over Collinsport, lol.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2013, 03:13:02 PM »
An incestor army!

[skelleton_runs]

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2013, 08:30:32 PM »
I suppose that Lang found someone with supersperm to use for Adam.  The question arises that are there really that many people dying in Collinsport with at least some super quality that Lang can cut out and use.  Usually most people who are dead are old and diseased.  It would seem much more realistic if he had scoped out people and caused them to die for his experiment.  He was apparently going to do this with Jeff's face and thankfully that did not come to pass.  Even Adams badly sewn face is preferable to Jeff's.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times