Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0553  (Read 799 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0553
« on: September 26, 2013, 03:16:10 PM »
Robservations #553

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0553

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 07:36:56 PM »
Verbatim from my notebook: "BC accuses Carolyn, C talks to Adam to look for Vicki."  Clearly this was a thrill-a-second roller coaster ride of an episode...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 07:13:10 PM »
Well, my notes have this nice bit from Adam once he's deposited her in the West Wing: I brought you here because I need your help. I want to persuade Barnabas to give me what I want. He won't tell Vicki what that is. Adam continues, I don't want to hurt you, and I will let you go when I get what I want.  His manner is quiet and gentle, but the latent strength in his every deliberate, unhurried move is apparent as he leans over the bed to speak to Vicki. His quiet intensity is far more menacing that any shouted threat as he tells her, As long as you don't call for help or try to escape, I will not harm you. But if you try to do either of those things, I will have to kill you.

Later, Adam tells his first lie to his little blond goddess when he assures Carolyn that he left his room only to get a book.

That's about it for me too.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2013, 02:22:09 AM »
Vickie recognized the West Wing from her previous excursions and incarceration there. This room miraculously has a closet, although the rooms in the occupied part of the house do not even have closets except Roger's room. Jeff is just awful.  Barnabas and Jeff go to find Vickie and don't split up from the start.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2013, 09:28:32 AM »
A mocking Carolyn to a worried Jeff re: Vicki's being an hour late to return to the Great House: "What could have happened to her?" ARE YOU f**king KIDDING ME?!!!

Jeff goes to The Old House to find Vicki. What's the big deal about him knowing how to get there? Why was so much made of that? It seemed a bit ridiculous.

Love the scene between Adam & Vicki in the west wing room. Loved Adam's calmness and Vicki's gentle way. I guess by now being abducted is second nature to her.

Clark is pretty obnoxious with Barn. I guess the scene was good but Davis seemed to be trying to upstage Frid - perhaps my imagination.

Anyone think Barn sent Clark on his way to the garden to shake him? I think maybe so.

Barn & Carolyn: Good content, poorly acted. These two can't tell each other everything and it could cost Vicki her life. It made for an interesting conversation.

Carolyn visits Adam. Asks for the truth and Adam lies. I liked Adam in the scene with Vicki but do not like him here with Carolyn. Weird. Carolyn as usual talks too much but in this case it is to be expected.

I was thinking that today (2013) for shock value when Adam opened the closet door Vicki would have been hanging there dead, possibly with her throat cut or whatever. How crazy would that have been for Moltke leaving, etc.

Vicki called the woods 'the forest'. Carolyn says that she'll let Adam get back to sleep but he said he was reading when she knocked on his door. Barn called Carolyn, 'Vicki'. I don't much care for Carolyn's orange and green mini frock.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2013, 12:09:05 PM »
Jeff goes to The Old House to find Vicki. What's the big deal about him knowing how to get there? Why was so much made of that? It seemed a bit ridiculous.

I don't much care for Carolyn's orange and green mini frock.

I liked it.  And I think Jeff's hesitancy about answering Carolyn as to how he knew the way to the Old House came from Jeff suddenly realizing he only knew the way there as Peter Bradford, not from Jeff Clark's experiences.   That was my instant impression at the time.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2013, 04:53:44 PM »
Nice explanation, that scenario went totally over my head. I thought it had something to do with Jeff confronting Barn re: Vicki and that seemed pointless to me (and probably never happened at the Old House, anyway. I'm probably thinking of Tony...).