Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0552  (Read 757 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0552
« on: September 25, 2013, 05:10:43 PM »
Robservations #552

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0552

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 06:26:22 PM »
Adam forgot to request of Barnabas that he include lots of facial scars for his new woman.   Adam thinks that's why he's unloveable and needs a mate like himself.

Adam knows the Vulcan nerve pinch or something, knocks Vicki unconscious as if he found her "off switch".   That's all for my notes.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 07:57:06 PM »
Adam eventually gets it out of Barnabas that Julia completed the experiment that brought him (A.) into being. That's fine with Adam, since he doesn't care who does the work.

Vicki's tells Barnabas of her impending marriage to Jeff. Barnabas takes Vicki’s news as well as can be expected--it's not really a surprise--and wishes her and Jeff every happiness. He kisses Vicki gently on the cheek and tells her, Your news won’t change my feelings for you. He walks her to the door and watches sadly as she leaves. Neither of them is aware that Adam has been watching them.

As Vicki is walking back to Collinwood, Adam accosts her in the woods. She recognizes him and back away in fear. He says, You will help me. She promptly faints dead away. A large tree wobbles as in the received style, he picks her up and carries her off.

My notes don't mention a Vulcan-style nerve pinch, but I'm willing to take your word for it, MT.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 12:25:08 AM »
DL, I just meant that Adam made Vicki go unconscious without visibly doing anything, just by picking her up, as if by magic...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, 03:54:59 PM »
Aha, I see!  [ghost_grin]

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2013, 02:17:25 AM »
camera is shooting through the louver door next to the fireplace for what seems to be the first time and the desk in in the background of the scene. It's a nice change from the usual camera angles in the room.  Jeff gets all pouty when Vickie decides to see Barnabas.  Adam grabs Vickie and apparently Adam is so ugly that she faints just as Carolyn did when he took her. It seems a bit much considering some of the things Vickie has seen and not fainted over.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2013, 08:38:48 AM »
Good lord, Frid and Rodan practically ad-libbed the first act, of course I'm exaggerating but both were unprepared. I really liked how Adam says Barn gave him the urge to love. I never really thought about what exactly the creation got from the life force. I don't think it's exactly what Adam meant when he said it but it got me to thinking. BTW, Adam is speaking far better English than me (;)).

Where the Old House scene was green, the arrival of Jeff at the Great House is blue. I loved Davis' entrance, it's his finest work on the show. Moltke & Davis' scene was okay. This print of this scene is so very Marilyn Ross novels cover photo's -  I love it. The foyer mirror is missing.

Willie got a haircut.

Rodan & Frid have a great second scene. Barn explains his reason to Willie for not getting rid of Adam; He wants to know what Lang's message is. I keep forgetting about that. I keep forgetting that if Adam dies Barn will revert. A pretty tense situation for the swooning Barnabas fans, with Willie wanting to kill Adam, etc.

With Adam leaving the Old House an unhappy camper, and spotting Vicki in the woods on her way to the Old House, one can pretty much guess the next course of events. (You'd think there'd be a more direct and better groomed path to the Old House from the Great House by now.)

After dismissing what she decides is a silly sense of being followed, (which looked cute) Vicki is greeted by Barn who is happy to see her. I feel like the windows in the Old House drawing room are different. I love Vicki's treatment of Barn, I guess the dialogue is what I mean. I generally like the way she is written. At any rate it was a nice scene between them.

On her way back to the Great House, Vicki is abducted in the woods by Adam, much to my horror, well, you know what I mean. Vicki faints dead away as Adam puts his hand over her mouth to prevent her screaming.

Not too bad an episode.