Author Topic: Sleepy Hollow and Depp Shadows  (Read 4475 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Sleepy Hollow and Depp Shadows
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2013, 08:51:42 AM »
Tonight's episode is a repeat of the first one, in case anyone is interested in that.
Josette

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2013, 05:53:07 PM »
Mison has an inner "flouncing tart" ... now I *really* think I am in love...

I was very happy to see the article make reference to the Northstar assistance scene because that's one of my favorite scenes in the show so far. The more eps we get, the more I'm really beginning to wonder if the writers aren't taking a page from some of the bits in the Depp/DS film. If not, then they independently developed a very similar taste in fish-out-of-water befuddlement with regard to 18th century men.  [hall2_wink]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2013, 05:57:27 PM »
Tonight's episode is a repeat of the first one, in case anyone is interested in that.

Thanks for mentioning that, Josette.  [hall2_smiley]

I thought that it was odd to have a repeat so soon until I read that, now that the show is such a hit, apparently FOX is repeating the pilot for those who may have missed the initial set up of the show. Even that seemed a bit odd at first because there are multiple places on the Internet where someone could watch the pilot, but FOX's thinking is that not everyone has access to the Internet.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2013, 06:17:06 PM »
The show is supposedly on hiatus now till sometime in early November, I presume to help take advantage of the ratings "sweeps" (which seem really archaic to me, but don't ask me to explain behavior of the people who run the "industry").  Since there's such a huge buzz around it, perhaps they're going to fill in the time by repeating the first five episodes.

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2013, 07:53:21 PM »
The show will only be a repeat this week. Next week it's preempted for the fifth game of the World Series. Then Ep #6 will be coming on November 4th - and chances are very good it will be new eps throughout all of November Sweeps.

Now that the show has become a hit, I'm seeing the backlash start. I can't believe how many articles there have been recently that complain that the show requires too much of its audience because the audience has to pay attention, what with the flashbacks and dreams, or they risk not picking up all the plot points. My God, what is wrong with these people?! Well, unless they think that the show should be so mundane that they should be able to mentally make up their grocery list for the week, talk on the phone, post tweets, and who knows what else, all while watching the show.  [hall2_rolleyes]  Whatever happened to the notion of simply watching a show and only watching the show? That's what I do, and I have no problems whatsoever following along. Perhaps more of today's audience should give that a try instead of multitasking with who knows how many other things while they watch TV. And quite honestly, the fact that the show isn't mundane is one of the biggest things that makes it so interesting. People should be happy there are shows that possibly stimulate their brains rather than treat them like mindless clods.

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2013, 07:30:08 AM »
Anyone with On Demand who needs the remaining episodes can probably still get it.  On  my system, each episode initially shows it as being available for a week.  Last week they had changed that to Nov. 4, 11, etc.  I was going to post that, when last night it changed.  The 2nd one is still listed for Nov. 11, but all the others had Oct. 21!!  Now tonight, all that changed again and they are until Oct. 24. 

It's really weird, but if you need to catch up, you probably have at least a couple of days!!  (This is from Comcast.)
Josette

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2013, 04:13:17 PM »
MB, a friend of mine whose teenaged daughter just left for college described how she watches television.  She typically marathons through half a season or more of episodes on a given weekend while chatting with her friends, doing her homework, having a playlist on, and for all I know painting her toenails as well.

It seems as if a number of adults have the same habit.  Overstimulated much?

The opposite extreme is represented by a couple of people who ban phone calls when the new True Blood airs...

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2013, 10:55:18 PM »
FOX announced today that the season finale for SH will be on January 20th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2013, 07:48:20 PM »
The Secret to Sleepy Hollow's Success Is Abbie Mills

Though several of the comments seem to disagree.

Personally, I don't think it's any one thing that makes the show a success - it's the show as a whole, just as I've always thought it was/is with DS. Though it's certainly great to have a central female character like Abbie who's such a strong individual. But then, TPTB behind the show have already established that sort of track record, with Olivia of Fringe being another perfect example.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2013, 11:43:39 PM »
Abbie is a great character--hip without being flip, if that makes any sense.  She and Mison have great onscreen chem together. 

I have to admit I got into the series because Tom Mison is just so unbelievably adorable, both in looks AND persona, but how the Ichabod/Abbie relationship was written definitely helped make me think the show was worth more than just a bit of eye candy. 

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2013, 08:05:36 AM »
It's certainly getting good.  It was exciting from the beginning, but now it's REALLY getting exciting!  And I'm so glad that her boss has had proof.
Josette