Author Topic: Today's Montage / Bye Davey  (Read 2408 times)

ClaudeNorth

Re:Today's Montage / Bye Davey
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2003, 03:21:12 AM »
My favorite David Henesy moments are minor ones, but I tend to believe that the little moments are what separate the great actors from the good.

* The scene in which Mrs. Johnson asks David if he has seen her cigarettes.  He responds by asking Mrs. Johnson, "Well, are you supposed to be smoking while you're working?" and after she reprimands him, he replies, "Maybe they got up and walked away on their own."

* Vicki explains to David that she is trying to help him, and he replies, "A lot of help you are."  The thing that stands out for me is that DH's unusual delivery, in which he emphasizes the second, fourth, and sixth words, as if reciting a line from a sonnet.

* David says to Vicki, "You know what, Miss Winters?  If you die, I won't even go to your funeral."

* David comments on Maggie's disappearance:  "It's all kind of spooky, isn't it?"

In each of these moments, I'm reminded that David is indeed a child.  I always enjoy seeing him commit these small acts of rebellion against the very adult and serious atmosphere of Collinwood.

Regards,

John

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
Re:Today's Montage / Bye Davey
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2003, 09:42:43 PM »
i loved David and Amy they had such wonderful chemistry!both great actors!
i really didn't enjoy his scenes with the mother from hell
Laura! hate that woman and always FF when she is on!

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV