Author Topic: Who's More Annoying: Morgan Collins or Kim Kardashian?  (Read 2029 times)

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
Who's More Annoying: Morgan Collins or Kim Kardashian?
« on: September 13, 2013, 01:25:15 AM »
Hey, gang,

I happened to be watching the PT 1840 DS episodes recently, and it struck me how truly obnoxious the character of Morgan Collins was on the show.  The guy constantly hassles his "beloved" Catherine during these episodes, argues with his brothers, and really has it in for his cousin, Bramwell Collins.  In fact, I recall Jonathan Frid, as Bramwell in one episode, describing Morgan to Catherine Harridge, as being "spoiled, arrogant and weak."

This guy was one of "Dark Shadows'' "greatest" bete-noires, imo, right up there along with PT 1970 Quentin Collins and 1897's Judith Collins-Trask! [ghost_tongue] [ghost_mad]  I can't say that I was sorry to see Morgan and Bramwell (along with Kendrick) have that final confrontation on the widow's walk on the top of Collinwood.  (Geronimo!!!)   [ghost_rolleyes] [ghost_cheesy] [ghost_grin]

And, what can I say about a truly "great" talent like Kim Kardashian?  This woman is like Ava Gardner, Eleanor Roosevelt and Sandra Day O'Connor all rolled into one.  I was glad to hear DS actor Kathryn Leigh Scott  expressing such "great" admiration for shows like "Keeping Up With The Kardashians," when she appeared on George Noory's "Coast-to-CoastAM Show" last summer.  [ghost_tongue] [ghost_rolleyes]

Of course, Ms. Kardashians's "better" half, singer Kanye West is another "delightful" mensch.  Remember when "Mr. Kardashian" showed himself to be the true gentleman that he is, when he "complimented" singer Taylor Swift for her award (over "Mr. Kardashians's" good pal, Beyonce) on one of those music award shows several years ago? [ghost_closedeyes]

Nevertheless, Ms. Kardashian and her cheerful companion are certainly to be congratulated on the recent birth of their baby, they named "North" (or is that "North-by-Northwest" or "North to Alaska" or possibly even "Northern Exposure," I really don't know for sure?).

Yes, I think we can all thank the late, lamented attorney and faithful O.J. Simpson defender, Mr. Robert Kardashian, for presenting (or more likely foisting ) his entire Kardashian family on the American psyche! [ghost_grin] [ghost_blink]

So, I leave it to you, is it the dour and sullen Morgan Collins or the totally untalented Kim Kardashian, who is more annoying?

Bob

PS Maybe Khloe Kardashian-Odom and her husband Lamar Odom can portray Daphne and Quentin in a remake of the 1840 PT storyline? [ghost_huh] [ghost_wink]

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: Who's More Annoying: Morgan Collins or Kim Kardashian?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 03:15:47 PM »
I've never seen Kim K in action and I still don't know what the HELL the women in that family ever did to justify the nonstop tabloid attention their lives seem to warrant.  They have a lot of cash, a penchant for trailer trash levels of romantic melodrama, use too much eyeliner and are on TV.  Who cares?  I don't.

Say what you will about Morgan, and I suspect this doesn't help you Bob, but some of us have very fond memories of Morgan's exciting and surprisingly active 1840s trouser snake. 

Mad Morgan did a hysterical cackle with great enthusiasm.  Uhhh... did Morgan have other talents? Tight revealing trousers that helped one "Hel-LO!" wake up in the morning, and a lurid cackle.  That may be it.

yours in cybaeria,

goth-EEEEK (or Morgan's preferred alias... go THICK)

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 03:26:41 PM »
as I recall morgan and bramwell were both so grating and obnoxious it was impossible to root for either of them.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 03:42:33 PM »
Kind of an apples and oranges situation.

While Morgan may indeed be the successor to Nathan Forbes, Morgan is easy to avoid. If you don't watch those episodes, chances are you will not encounter Morgan. But Kim and her family of professional bimbos are impossible to avoid.
Fade Away and Radiate

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 03:52:16 PM »
Say what you will about Morgan, and I suspect this doesn't help you Bob, but some of us have very fond memories of Morgan's exciting and surprisingly active 1840s trouser snake. 

Mad Morgan did a hysterical cackle with great enthusiasm.  Uhhh... did Morgan have other talents? Tight revealing trousers that helped one "Hel-LO!" wake up in the morning, and a lurid cackle.  That may be it.

Gothick,

Yes, I agree that Morgan did display an hysterical cackle with great enthusiasm. [ghost_cheesy]  (Perhaps the late Keith Prentice learned that subtle acting technique, considering that he may very well have been a proud graduate of the "world renowned" William Shatner School of Overacting?)  [ghost_rolleyes]

As to Morgan's apparent physical appeal, while I've always been an enamored (if not a beguiled) fan of both Katherine Leigh Scott's lovely Maggie Evans and the late Anita Bolster's zaftig Bathia Mapes (alas, the one truly great unrequited love in my life), I have to admit that I've always had a huge "man-crush" on the late Daniel Keyes' character of the Eagle Hill Cemetery Caretaker! [ghost_wub] [ghost_wacko] [ghost_grin]  (I like to think of the Eagle Hill Cemetery Caretaker as sort of Dark Shadows' "somewhat" mature answer to the rugged "Marlboro Man" of those Marlboro cigarette commercials of the 1960s and the 1970s.) [ghost_cool]

As to Kim Kardashian, she's sort of the "Ruby Tate of the current American zeitgeist!!! [ghost_embarrassed]
 (Whatever the heck THAT means!!!) [ghost_wacko] [ghost_blink] [ghost_wink]

Bob

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2013, 04:37:51 PM »
I've never seen Kim K in action and I still don't know what the HELL the women in that family ever did to justify the nonstop tabloid attention their lives seem to warrant.  They have a lot of cash, a penchant for trailer trash levels of romantic melodrama, use too much eyeliner and are on TV.  Who cares?  I don't.

Exactly. It's true that's it's next to impossible to avoid seeing photos of the Kim Kardashian, but I've had the pleasure of never seeing any of the reality shows she's done or any of the interviews anyone in the media has conducted with her, so I can honestly say I have absolutely no opinion about her whatsoever.

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2013, 07:50:32 PM »
Exactly. It's true that's it's next to impossible to avoid seeing photos of the Kim Kardashian, but I've had the pleasure of never seeing any of the reality shows she's done or any of the interviews anyone in the media has conducted with her, so I can honestly say I have absolutely no opinion about her whatsoever.

Hey, MB,

Just so long as you set your TV to always bypass the "E" Channel, and when standing on line at the supermarket checkout, you positively do NOT look at any of the trashy magazines "heralding" the on-going "exploits" of the Kardashian family, then, you'll certainly be okay. [ghost_wink] [ghost_rolleyes] [ghost_grin]

Bob

PS Lookalikes: Bruce Jenner (Kardashian?) and Sandor Rakosi? [ghost_huh] [ghost_wacko] [ghost_wink]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2013, 08:09:12 PM »
I never watch E!. And as for the tabloids, if I notice them at all, about as close as I get to them is laughing over their asinine front page headlines.  [ghost_rolleyes]

Offline KMR

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2013, 03:50:05 AM »

goth-EEEEK (or Morgan's preferred alias... go THICK)

HA!  "Go thick" is how the editor in my tablet browser wants to spell your name when I type it!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2013, 07:09:01 PM »
A perfect article to supplement this topic:

Famous people with no discernible talent

Celebrities used to be famous for their skill set. These days, not so much.

The Kardashians are certainly a part of the list. (Though I don't agree with a few of the others - however, given the Web site the article is posted on, it's not hard to suspect that the site has its own agenda when it comes to who they've included.)

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2013, 08:24:51 PM »
People being famous for no apparent reason with little, if any, discernible talent is nothing that new. There's Vanna White, Lee Radziwell and the ultimate: Zsa Zsa Gabor.
Fade Away and Radiate

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2013, 02:03:21 PM »
True. Though it seems to have reached epic proportions nowadays. Or maybe it's just that the media is far more obsessed with these people than they ever used to be.  [ghost_rolleyes]

And if anyone ever tries to deny that Vanna White turns letters like no one else can or possibly ever will, well, I'm pretty sure that's sacrilege in the game show world!  [ghost_grin]

Though none of that has anything to do with DS, so I suppose I'll leave it at that...

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2013, 03:15:53 PM »
the kardasian's definitely take the concept to it's nth degree...

paris hilton at least had an endearing stupidity about her. these guys just seem like calculating creeps.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2013, 03:47:04 PM »
Just about my only exposure to Kardashians comes when people on the Internet complain about how ubiquitous they are. 
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2013, 04:01:38 PM »
Just about my only exposure to Kardashians comes when people on the Internet complain about how ubiquitous they are.

MT,

In his autobiography, entitled "Cosell," the late, lamented Howard Cosell mentioned that former New York Yankee manager and former World War II US Army Ranger, Ralph Houk, once commented on Mr. Cosell's renowned ubiquity, by paying him a "lefthanded compliment," when the Major said to "Humble" Howard:

"You're like 'bleep,' you're everywhere!"  [hall_rolleyes] [hall_grin]  (Sort of like the family, Kardashian, I suppose?) [hall_undecided] [hall_wink]

Bob