Author Topic: Best Line of the Day  (Read 839 times)

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Best Line of the Day
« on: March 06, 2002, 09:14:33 AM »
One of my favorite lines in 1795 is Naomi's immortal remark to Abigail: "If the devil has blinded me, then I find it quite curious that he has let you in on all his plans."

Coming from Naomi, who has seemed docile and withdrawn up to this point, these were fighting words and an insightful view of Abigail's obsession.  I don't know if the sherry gave her the courage to speak up or simply loosened her tongue, but it was a great moment.  

ProfStokes

Offline John_in_NC

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Junior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Best Line of the Day
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2002, 07:22:56 PM »
Prof, I agree, that was a great line from Naomi!  My favorite line thus far was when Ben brought the spider web for Angelique to use in her spell on Josette.  When she told him she was going to make a dress from it he said "I'd like to see you walking around here wearing that dress".  It was hilarious!!  My next most favorite was when Ben was talking about how he'd like Agelique to turn Joshua into a Jackass.  Ben has been quite the comedian thus far.  
John ;D

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2002, 08:57:54 PM »
:) Profstokes and John in SC, both of your right on the money.  I was thinking of the lines the other day.  Bens was great.  I'm sure he (and everybody on the show) would like to see that.
And, Naomi.  You can says that she has no guts, but I say your wrong.  Naomi has alot of spark.  It made Abigail shut her mouth.
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.

Offline Ben

• Full Poster
  • That night must go ... nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2002, 04:04:40 PM »
I concur with your insightful observations, ProfStokes!  Usually, it's the overbearing characters who deliver the acidic lines.  Here in 1795, it's a treat to see them get a well-deserved dressing down, especially from folks we least expect.  

Ben