Author Topic: #1093/1094: Robservations 09/05/03: A Song is Sung  (Read 1364 times)

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
#1093/1094: Robservations 09/05/03: A Song is Sung
« on: September 04, 2003, 10:18:22 AM »
1093 - David, come away from the dollhouse, urges Hallie, don't look again.  It doesn't matter if we look or not, he says. How did we get in there, sitting at that table? She asks. I don't know, he says. What does it all mean? asks Hallie.  It's what's going to happen to us, he replies  We're going to be trapped in there? she asks. Forever, he says solemnly. What are we going to do? she cries, sitting back in the rocker. We can't do anything, says David. We must! she wails.  We've tried to tell, to burn the dolls, to run away--they just won't let us, says David. Hallie bursts into tears.  David kneels beside her--don't cry, he begs. (This is very sweet.) We've got to try and tell someone, she insists. We can't, says David. Barnabas and Dr. Hoffman are still reading those books, she reminds him--perhaps they'll find out something without us telling them anything. David doesn't answer. You don't want them to! she accuses. Yes I do, he says. You don't act as if you do, she says.  Maybe because I know it's something we can't change, he says. Don't say that, she pleads. The music begins pouring from the turning carousel. David goes over to it--listen, he says. It won't make me feel any better, she says petulantly. Yes it will, says David, I'm not afraid anymore, honest. He smiles. Maybe it won't be so bad at Rose Cottage, he says--you know, we might even like it there.

Carolyn enters to the playroom hallway looking for David and Hallie.  She hears the music issuing from behind the door. She opens it, but finds herself in the linen closet, the music still playing behind the back wall. She exits and goes to the door across the hall.

Listen to the music, Hallie, says David, maybe you won't feel so bad if you do--the music makes you understand. About Rose Cottage? asks Hallie. We won't be alone there, I know that now, says David. Who will be with us there--Gerard? asks Hallie bitterly--or Daphne, or Tad and Carrie? Others, too, promises David. What do you mean? she asks. Just come and listen, says David. NO! says Hallie, turning her back. "You'd better come and listen," advises David--they want you to listen--come and do it, Hallie. Convinced, she joins him, staring at the carousel.

Carolyn exits the room across the hall, wondering where the music is coming from. David tries to leave the playroom quietly enough so his cousin won't hear him, but she turns and catches him. David! she cries--I've been looking for you--what are you doing up here? I was looking for Hallie, he says. And why would Hallie be here? she asks, folding her arms over her chest. I don't know, says David--she likes to explore the house sometimes. She's probably the one who's playing the music, says Carolyn, let's find her. Music? asks David innocently. You must hear it, says Carolyn. I think it's a radio, he says, coming from the other wing--somebody just has a window open--anyway, why would Hallie come here to play music? I don't know, says Carolyn, but we're going to find out--Hallie!  I don't think she came here this time, says David--I've looked everywhere. You aren't supposed to be in this wing and you know it, Carolyn reminds him. Yes, I know it, he agrees. She hustles him away from the playroom door. Inside, Hallie is smiling, nodding, saying yes, yes, I know--I know, hypnotized by the music--and by what else?

Drawing room - Where can Hallie can be? Carolyn asks her cousin. She'll turn up someplace, he assures her. With Maggie sick, the two of you really should be more considerate and not go wandering around without telling me, she chastises. We will be, promises David--is Maggie feeling better? I'm going to look in on her, says Carolyn--and don't go disappearing again, she warns, it's nearly your bedtime. David nods. Hallie comes in.  Where have you been? Carolyn asks.  In the kitchen, says Hallie, I was hungry. I looked there, says Carolyn. I was in the pantry, I heard someone come in, says Hallie. You and David get ready for bed, orders Carolyn--I'll come in and say goodnight. She leaves. You were right about the music, David, she says--I feel different. I knew you would, he says. And I know what we must do tomorrow, she says. What? he asks. Something very important, very special, she says. Tell me, he urges. Tomorrow--you will know soon enough, she promises.

The next day, Hallie's room - You'll have to do it because my wrist still hurts, Hallie tells David.   (don't ask me what my dirty mind churned up at that line). Do I have to? asks David. Gerard wants it done, she says--do what I told you to do and I'll be back in a little while--lock the door so no one can catch you--"I'll be back."  David sits at a table,  In front of him, on the table, are scraps of material. He's wearing a pink shirt and black vest with a matching belt. He takes a scissors and folds some material around a clothespin, then wraps a rubber band around the top, making a little head. Hallie knocks; he lets her in. She's brought some green material. Did anyone see you? he asks.  Of course not, she says, pushing away the scraps on the table. She lays out the green square of material--David, you'll have to cut this after I draw the outline.  Why? he asks--tell me why? Cut along the lines after I'm finished, she says, it has to be done, David. She draws an oblong shape. David begins to cut it out.

Maggie's room - Are you sure you want the drapes drawn? Carolyn asks Maggie. Yes, answers the latter weakly. The sun is so warm today, says Carolyn.  The light, complains Maggie, it's so bright, it hurts my eyes--making my head ache. Carolyn draws the drapes and turns on a light. Are you feeling worse? asks Carolyn--should I get Julia?  No, says Maggie. Did they call the police? asks Carolyn. I don't know, answers Maggie. They certainly should have, says Carolyn--remember about a year ago, there were attacks like this?
--how odd it is. Maggie, very pale (and a vampire victim for the second time in her life), looks away.

Drawing room - David hands Hallie a marker--is this what you need? he asks. Yes, she says. Why? he asks. It draws on cloth, says Hallie. Why do we have to make this doll? he asks. David! she warns sharply, closing the doors. No one will hear us, he says--tell me--you understand every single thing we're doing, and I'm not going to do another thing until you tell me. The doll is going to be someone, explains Hallie--someone who's going to live with us in Rose Cottage. Who? he demands. There's a knock at the door. Answer it! she orders--go on!  He goes to the door, looking back once at Hallie. He opens the doors. It's Sebastian Shaw--is Maggie here? he asks. She's here, but sick, says David. What's wrong? asks Shaw. I don't know, says David--no one tells us anything. I'll go upstairs and see, volunteers Hallie--perhaps Maggie will see you. She goes upstairs. I also came to see you, David, says Shaw--I have something to tell you--I don't know if you'll understand, but I can't do your horoscope right now. All right, says David. Shaw, perplexed, reminds him how anxious you were for me to do this yesterday. That was yesterday, says David. I thought you wanted to know about the future, says Shaw. No, it's not important, says David mildly--I'll go see if Carolyn is coming soon. He starts to leave. David! calls Shaw. David turns and says, there's no point in knowing the future--it's just going to happen anyway--and he heads to the kitchen.

Carolyn comes downstairs.  How is Maggie? asks Shaw.  I'm not sure it would be a good idea for Maggie to see you, she says--she really isn't herself. What's wrong? asks Shaw. She was bitten, says Carolyn. By what? he asks. By an animal in the woods, says Carolyn.
I think you'd better tell me more about this, he says, I really don't understand. Carolyn invites him into the drawing room.

Hallie and David return to her room. What took you so long? she asks. I had to come up the back stairs, he says. You have to draw a face on this, she says, returning to the table. Whose face do I have to draw? he asks. I don't know, she says, I honestly don't. When will we know who's going to be with us at Rose Cottage? he asks. Soon, she replies, very soon. He begins to draw the face.

Drawing room - Carolyn explains to Shaw--Dr. Hoffman doesn't know what kind of animal it might have been. Neither do I, says Shaw, but looks like he knows more. Was she bitten anywhere else besides the neck? he asks. No, says Carolyn--I don't understand why she isn't better--she's been given blood transfusions. What else does Dr. Hoffman say? he asks. That if Maggie remains calm and stays in bed, she'll be all right, but it seem to be affecting--I won't say her mind, but her spirit, certainly, she seems so depressed, says Carolyn. Yes, says Shaw, miles away. That doesn't surprise you? asks Carolyn. He looks at her--it's just the shock, I suppose, he says--did that girl tell Maggie I was here, that I came to see her? Carolyn nods. But Maggie doesn't want to see me, he guesses. Carolyn, embarrassed, says, "She really isn't very well." Don't make up excuses, says Shaw. All right, I won't, replies Carolyn--no, she didn't. Tell Maggie to get well soon, for me, he says, and I'll come and call on her later. Phone first, Carolyn advises. In other words, you don't think she'll see me then, either, he says. I don't know, she says. Tell Maggie I don't give up that easily, says Shaw--not on anything. Carolyn nods and smiles.

David has completed the doll, which now has long blonde hair. It even looks like her a little, praises Hallie. Like her? asks David--I thought you didn't know who it was! Hallie looks guilty, and says like...like...Tell me who it is, he demands. Like Letitia, she says.  Who is that? he asks.  I don't know, she admits, but we will know, soon--we must go to the playroom now.

Playroom - Hallie, how do you know so much? asks David. I just do, that's all, she says--put it in the house, she orders--do you want to live in Rose Cottage all by yourself?
He puts the blonde doll into the dollhouse.

Dogs howl. In Maggie's room, Carolyn sits on her friend's bed--Shaw was so disappointed he couldn't see you, explains the blonde--are you sure you don't want to see him? Maggie, pale and distracted by the howling, doesn't respond. You haven't heard a word I've said, says Carolyn.  Maggie tries to get up.  Carolyn, trying to keep her in bed, says, "You can't, Julia said not to." No, Carolyn, says Maggie, I have to get up. She rises and puts on a robe. I'll straighten your bed for you; offers Carolyn, you'll be much more comfortable. What time is it? asks Maggie.  Five past seven, answers Carolyn. I've got to leave, Maggie insists. You mustn't, says Carolyn, pushing Maggie's hair off her forehead--let me finish your bed, you'll be much more comfortable. The dogs howl outside. Maggie listens intently.

We hear the music, see the light on in Rose Cottage, and the turning carousel. The rest of the room appears dark.

Maggie's room - Carolyn hums the carousel song. What's that lovely tune? asks Maggie. Carolyn continues straightening Maggie's bed.

Hallie's room - Maybe we shouldn't have done it, Hallie, says--anybody who goes in that room is going to know Gerard. Do you want to live there alone? she asks. You'll be there, he points out.  But you were the one who said this morning that we wouldn't be alone there--you were happy! she reminds him. Looking pained, he says, I don't know--I like all these people in the house. David, we did the right thing! she assures him.

Maggie opens her window and looks out, listens to the howling dogs.  You shouldn't even be up, protests Carolyn. I don't feel like it, says Maggie, i see no reason why you should stay here--what was that tune you were humming? I think I remember it, says Carolyn, and hums it again, accompanied by the music box music in the background.
We see the spinning carousel and the lighted doll house, where three now reside. Carolyn enters the playroom. This room, she says to herself--I can't be here--why am I here? Her forehead furrows. How could this be--there IS no room--this doesn't exist--it doesn't! She goes over to the carousel and listens to the music. Who wants me? she asks, looking around--who called me here?

NOTES: Who, indeed? Do they plan to put the entire Collins family and other inhabitants in the dollhouse? Is that Gerard and Daphne's plan? When Julia and Barnabas came to 1995, was the entire family relegated to dolls, living in Rose Cottage? What a concept!

Anyone get the idea that Sebastian Shaw knew more about what happened to Maggie than Carolyn did? I think Carolyn is over his resemblance to Jeb now, although when he said he didn't give up easily, it reminded her of Jeb.

The kids aren't very good at arts and crafts, but that was surely Carolyn. Now she knows of the playroom. Who will be next to join the Rose Cottage club?

Why aren't Barnabas and Julia watching over Maggie? It's night time now, why are they not protecting her?

1094 - The intro tells us the doll is named Letitia, who must be connected somehow to Carolyn. Gerard, silently snarling, appears behind Carolyn.  her eyes widen as she feels his evil presence.

Carolyn turns, spots Gerard, and covers her mouth, muting a scream. Who are you? she asks.   He comes after her, and she finds herself trapped in the playroom. He puts a hand on her shoulder. She turns to look at him; they lock eyes. He touches her hair, caressing it, and smiles. Like her mother, Carolyn begins to succumb; she smiles back. I know you, she says, I don't know how, or where. This playroom! she exults, and Rose Cottage! She reaches in and takes the blonde doll into her hand. She grins.
Leticia! she says, I'm Leticia, oh, Gerard, how could I have forgotten? He looks stoic.

Collinwood - Julia comes downstairs, asking Liz, have you seen Carolyn?  Not for hours, says Liz, who is reading a book. I left her sitting with Maggie, says Julia, but she's gone. Did Maggie say where she went? asks Liz. She didn't know, answers Julia. She probably thought of something she had to do, suggests Liz. But I told her how important it was, says Julia, not to leave Maggie alone. Why is it so important? asks Liz. Hesitantly, Julia says, I'm just worried she might have a relapse, but she left Mrs. Johnson sitting with her. Why hasn't Maggie gotten better? asks Liz--and why can't she be left alone at night?--I don't understand. She just gets very restless, explains Julia. Perhaps because she's well enough to be up, suggests Liz. Julia offers Liz more coffee; she refuses. She pours a cup for herself. It's very difficult to understand, says Julia--Maggie is recovering, but still suffering from shock. I wonder what kind of animal it could have been? asks Liz. None of us has any idea, says Julia--what are you reading?  A fascinating new book on astrology, replies Liz--a whole new world has opened up to me--I know you don't believe in my horoscope, but I find it a great comfort that the future isn't as obscure to me as I once thought it was. Obviously astrology is reassuring for so many people who believe in it, says Julia. I find it easier to believe my horoscope than yours and Barnabas' predictions, says Liz. We were here in 1995, Julia reminds her--this house was in ruins. I'm sorry, says Liz, but I tend to think it was a dream--no ghosts appeared. None we know of, says Julia. You're not being sensible, says Liz, if anyone had seen anything in the least out of the ordinary, we would have heard of it. Perhaps, says Julia. I know that dreams can seem very real, says Liz, but there comes a point when one must admit... The point has not been reached yet, says Julia, there are still three clues--the destruction of Rose Cottage...  Whatever Rose Cottage is, interrupts Liz, you haven't been able to find that out yet. The murder, Julia reminds her. Please, Julia, objects Liz, I don't even like to hear that word. Neither do I, says Julia, but a murder will take place!  You say Carolyn will sing a song, says Liz--that's the last clue, isn't it?--I look forward to that clue, but none of the others, because Carolyn has no song--in fact, Carolyn cannot sing--take a mother's word for it.

We see the twirling carousel moving in the dark. Carolyn laughs, asking Gerard how he remembers him, and all the lovely times we had back then, in those days--before Carolyn Stoddard was even born?--You've given me the sight, haven't you, so that I can see a path I never knew yet feel I was a part of, just as Leticia was? Gerard nods. Carolyn smiles--I'm so grateful to you, she says, so grateful--but remember how Leticia used to thank you?--to please you? She gazes up at him, smiling saucily--"I will, too, Gerard--I promise--I promise--and soon."  She giggles and scampers off. Gerard watches her go, very pleased.

Julia sits at the drawing room desk, Liz in a chair. No matter how much you pooh-pooh it, says Julia, I'm not going to give up trying to find out everything I can about these clues. And you think those old diaries will tell you? asks Liz. Possibly, says Julia, Quentin's diary under her hands. Whose is that? asks Liz.  The original Quentin's, says Julia, and opens the diary to an entry written on exactly this same day in 1839. What terrible event happened? asks Liz, coming over to stand beside her. Nothing, seemingly, says Julia--he had a vision of the future. Did he find us in it? asks Liz. Nothing as dramatic as all that, says Julia.  And tomorrow? asks Liz. Quentin got books delivered from his booksellers in Boston, says Julia, a collection on witchcraft that he ordered from England, and in the evening, there was a concert here in this very room. Carolyn enters.  Where have you been? asks Liz--I thought you were staying with Maggie. Carolyn opens a drawer--I have to get a kind of present, she says. For whom? asks Liz.  Carolyn darts around, opening and closing cabinets. For everyone, responds the blond. Are you feeling all right? asks Liz. Of course, Mother, says Carolyn--excuses me. Liz follows--I should talk to my daughter, she says. Julia reads in Quentin's journal, "After a most pleasant concert, we settled down to an evening of champagne and whist."

Carolyn opens a trunk in a very filthy part of the attic. She finds a gown that enthralls her, black with a feather purple collar. I remember, she says happily. She tries on a bonnet with long ribbons and looks at herself in a cracked, dusty mirror. She ties the ribbon under her chin, and admires her reflection. Liz enters. Carolyn! she says, surprised.  You're supposed to say how pretty I look, says Carolyn. Why are you here in this room? demands Liz.
Why are you here, Mother? retorts Carolyn. I followed you, says Liz, you behaved so strangely. Carolyn pushes the bonnet off her head and rummages through the trunk again.  What are you looking for? asks Liz. Everyone in this house is always looking for something, Carolyn replies belligerently--Julia and Barnabas prowl in and out of rooms, you don't follow them around--find books and diaries, why can't I be allowed to help? Leave it to them, insists Liz, now take off that silly bonnet. No, refuses Carolyn--you're talking to me as if I were David or Hallie--I'm not, Mother, and I have not finished here. I'm certainly not going to leave you alone here, asserts Liz. Oh, but you are, Mother, says Carolyn. What is wrong? demands Liz. Mother, please! says Carolyn, still looking through the trunk, nothing, I've just become interested in the past, that's all. Why? asks Liz.  I can't concentrate if I'm asked all these questions, complains Carolyn--now, I'm doing nothing wrong, am I? No, says Liz. Then let me do it, Mother, please, says Carolyn. Will you come down soon? asks Liz. Soon, promises Carolyn--YES!  Very well, we'll talk later, agrees Liz, and leaves. Carolyn finds a booklet in the trunk and is please--"Of course," she says, "here it is--Gerard's surprise."

Shaw stops by to see Maggie; Julia answers the door--I'm sorry, she says, but she hasn't been seeing anyone today. She's not worse, is she? he asks. No, she just had a restless night, says Julia.  Is she going to be all right? asks Shaw. If she continues as she is now, yes, says Julia. Go up and ask Maggie if she'll see me, please, asks Shaw.  Julia, smiling, agrees--wait in the drawing room, she says. He finds Liz' horoscope on the table in there and opens it. Carolyn enters. Mr. Shaw, she says, then bursts into tears, covering her face with her hands. Shaw looks at her, shocked.

Carolyn apologizes for her odd reaction. I'm sorry, too, he says, i thought you'd gotten over that feeling about my looking like your dead husband.  It's not that, she says, then has another, similar reaction. I'd like an explanation, he says--if it's something I did, I can avoid doing it again. It's nothing you've done, she says--just seeing you, I just felt so sad, but not because of Jeb, but because...because of...you're so very unhappy. I never thought of myself like that, he says. Because you're terribly dependent on someone, and you don't want to be, says Carolyn, speaking like a seer or psychic. That's ridiculous, he says--I'm dependent on no one. You are, I can see it, says Carolyn. You couldn't see it when you first met me, could you? he asks. No, she admits, not then. I haven't changed, he says. I have, she says, indeed, yes, I can see into people now, honestly, past the surface--deep, deep, I can see their sorrows and their hurts. Julia enters.  Carolyn continues--I suppose you might call it a sort of second sight. Is that true, Carolyn? asks Julia. Carolyn whirls around to look at her. Julia apologizes to Carolyn, then turns to Sebastian--Mr. Shaw, Maggie is asleep. I don't believe you, he says.  Why would I lie? asks Julia.  Carolyn is about to leave the room, but Julia asks her to stay--Mr. Shaw, Mrs. Stoddard would like to see you in the upstairs sitting room, and directs him where. He goes. I'm fascinated, Carolyn, says Julia--all these years we've known each other and I've never known about your second sight. Perhaps I didn't know I had it, suggests Carolyn. You were serious, weren't you? asks Julia. Furious, Carolyn says, you shouldn't have been listening!  I couldn't help hearing, protests Julia--when did you realize you had this gift? What business is that of yours? demands Carolyn. Anything strange that happens in this house is my business, insists Julia. You've made it so, accuses Carolyn. your mother and i thought you behaved very peculiarly last night, reports Julia. you have no right to judge me, says Carolyn. If something has happened to you, says Julia, that you haven't told us...  Screams Carolyn, "I don't know what you're talking about!"  You do, says Julia, why do you pretend you don't?--last night you said you wanted to help us! I can't help you, says Carolyn, near tears, and runs from the room, Julia calling her name.

On the landing, Liz tells Shaw, I'm just as concerned about Maggie as you are--even more so, I think--but she's getting the best of care. I'm sure she is, says Shaw, but could you please just ask her if she could see me for just a moment?  I'm sure she will when she feels better, Liz assures him, and starts going downstairs, Shaw behind her. When Maggie is better, says Liz, I want you to do her horoscope--I've become quite a believer. I'm glad to hear that, says Shaw. I can't believe I ever discounted astrology, says Liz, oh there's a fascinating book you must read, it's in the study, I'll go get it for you. Carolyn exits the kitchen, listening, and joins Shaw. "Why don't you tell her the horoscope is false?" she asks--"Why don't you admit that it's all a lie?" His eyes nearly bulge out of their sockets.

You see, says Carolyn, I do have second sight, Mr. Shaw--or else I wouldn't have known that. You don't know anything, he says hastily--you're totally wrong about that horoscope. No, she says, I can't see why you did it, even looking at you, but you deliberately wrote predictions that are false. Will you go tell her that? he asks. I won't, she assures him, it means too much to her, I just wish I knew why. Mrs. Hawkes, says Shaw, nearly shouting, I'm very serious about my work! You don't need to tell me that, she says. I believe every word I wrote in that horoscope, every word! He cries.
She grins, then laughs--you sound so convincing when you say that, she notes, if I didn't know better. YOU KNOW NOTHING! he shouts. Severely, she says, "You know that's not true."  Liz comes out and hands him the book. Shaw bids them good night and quickly exits the house. Good afternoon, Mr. Shaw, says Carolyn significantly.  He gives her a long look before closing the door behind him. What were you and Mr. Shaw talking about? asks Liz.  Nothing at all, says Carolyn. That's not true, says Liz--I want to talk to you. Not now, says Carolyn, it's going to be dark. What does that have to do with it? asks Liz. I have to light the candles, says Carolyn--for my surprise. What are you talking about? asks Liz. I'm very nervous about it, says Carolyn, but I'm trying to be calm--you may call everyone in. Why should I do that? asks Liz. Carolyn begins to re-arrange the chairs in the room.  What are you doing? asks Liz--why are you behaving this way?  I want everyone to be comfortable, answers Carolyn. All right, you may call them in, says Carolyn. Frantic, Liz calls for Julia. Carolyn stands before the fireplace--I'm not going to be as good as I should be, she says, I haven't practiced for so long, I think everyone will understand. She starts to light the candles.  Carolyn, go to your room, insists Liz. Now? asks Carolyn, lighting the candle, not now, not until after my surprise--you aren't going to ruin this for me, Mother. Carolyn! says Liz, upset. The candles are lit. Is no one else coming? asks Carolyn, running to look into the foyer--where are the others? Gerard stands there, staring at her. She turns back and takes her place in front of the fireplace. I can start now, says Carolyn. Start WHAT? asks Liz. My concert--please sit down, says Carolyn. Liz sits on the sofa. Smoothing back her hair, Carolyn says, "For my first number, I should like to sing my very favorite song." Liz, horrified, says, No, Carolyn, no!  Please be quiet! orders Carolyn, or else you'll ruin the concert for everyone!  She clears her throat and sings, "I wanna dance with you, want to dance my cares away--I'll be so close to you, in your arms I'll always stay!"
Julia comes out to the landing, hears what's going on. "The clue!" she realizes, and hurries downstairs. CAROLYN, STOP! cries Julia, racing into the drawing room. Carolyn is still singing away, ignoring Julia, who again shouts for her to stop.

NOTES: Another clue, and so soon! Does Carolyn have to finish her song in order for the rest to happen? Julia is doing her best to stop her, but it doesn't look good. Now Liz is supposedly under Gerard's influence, too, so why did SHE try to stop Carolyn from singing--or does he only work on one person at a time and can't maintain control over both Liz and Carolyn together?  Liz seemed much more herself in this ep.

For a man who wants to stay away from Collinwood, Shaw is making an awful lot of appearances there. We know it's because of Maggie, but to be accused by Carolyn, who suddenly has the gift of second sight, of lying must have really stunned him. Will he forgo his relationship with Maggie now? What of Carolyn's insistence that he's terribly dependent on someone? Who could that be? Interesting that she was able to see into his lies now, but won't squeal on him. Doesn't she now know that everything Barnabas and Julia told them is true? Or is she so besotted by Gerard (and what kind of relationship did Leticia have with him, anyway?) that she isn't thinking quite straight?

Liz had some fun baiting Julia about the clues, but is that because of Gerard's influence or simply because she has forgotten that she had realized the truth about Gerard and he made her forget? Or was she just playing head games with Julia?

Why does Gerard make everyone put on ancient clothes?  Is he trying to force everyone into a new persona?

Will yet another clue slip by before the coming catastrophe, or will Julia be able to prevent Carolyn from finishing the song she started--and will it even make a difference if she does?

Love, Robin