Author Topic: TLATKLS  (Read 2552 times)

Offline Latisha

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Catcam.tv
TLATKLS
« on: March 06, 2002, 01:46:18 AM »
Question for Ringo..."TLATKLS", I'm guessing..."The Lovely And Talented Kathryn Leigh Scott". (?)
Sure wish she would have stuck to her fashion guns yesterday and not let Angelique pin that hideous flower to her pretty dress...

Offline Ben

• Full Poster
  • That night must go ... nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: TLATKLS
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2002, 05:59:43 AM »
Question for Ringo..."TLATKLS", I'm guessing..."The Lovely And Talented Kathryn Leigh Scott". (?)

Hi, Latisha:

I don't think my buddy Ringo  8)  will mind my telling you now that you are absolutely correct about those initials  -- especially since I, too, had a chance to meet her and have my photo taken with her at last year's fest.  KLS is definitely TLAT!  And gracious, too.

Ben

Offline RingoCollins

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I think it was the trousers
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2002, 08:57:31 AM »
Quite right!

and I must confess to originating that abbreviation, now MANY years ago, way back when the only DS communication source I knew of was the Sci-fi boards, which I haven't posted on in a looooong time - but I still read regularly for the lighter side, and some of the off-shoot boards.  I come  from an Industrial Engineering background, and we used to have long conversations using only initials for long multi-word terms [and watch the accountants space out!].

We have also evolved into TLATKLSAS, an Appreciation Society, for which I am the self-appointed Chairman, with MANY it seems, like Senior Members Ben and Gerard, aboard!

I write and do photography for a music mag, and thru that I have had the chance to meet many 'famous' folk, and have gotten used to it for the most part - but when I met her [see avatar] I was almost too choked up to even speak to her, [like meeting a Beatle for the first time!]- but I did ask her if I could do a photo with her, and she jumped up from behind the table, waltzed around and looped her arm in mine [and you can see in the photo not much blood was getting to my much-exposed head!]  She was so nice, treated me special, or so it seemed to me, and 'rewarded' my  30+ year crush so well.  I stood aside and watched as she greeted many fans in a similar way, making each feel special too, and I just thought that was so cool.  In fact all the folks from the show seemed very nice to the fans. [there is always a risk in meeting someone you have a peception of, and I have been disappointed by some, cursed at and litterally assauted by some!  someday it will be storytime, boys and girls!]

And she is STILL quite beautiful, thus preventing the 'artist formerly known as' before her moniker!

Meeting Capt. Kangaroo was also a special one, too! But no photo op - luckily, as I was nearly in tears as I shook his hand!

Good question!!!!!  and she should have refused that 'flower'!

just a brief response! ;D
Cheers,

Lord of the Ringo's
and
[shadow=red,left,300]Chairman, TLATKLSAS[/shadow]
We sing, we dance.....and we don't need pants!

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2002, 01:26:39 PM »
TLATKLS.............sssssiiiiiggggghhhhh!  Need I say more?  And even if Angelique would've pulled out all the fashion faux pas stops and made her wear some lime-green bride's maid dress, she still would've looked just as lovely.

Gerard

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2002, 02:09:08 PM »
Ms. Scott is one of the most professional and dedicated people I have met.  She is down  to earth and a first class human being...Just a very nice lady. TLATKLS is most appropriate!
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2002, 08:59:56 PM »
as i have stated before when other girls wanted to be Marcia(Marcia, Marcia) Brady I wanted to be KLS so must say you men have Excellent taste!!!!!!

jennifer
(of course i wanted Samantha"s powers of Bewitched too!) :D
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline deron

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2002, 09:21:34 PM »
The intitials do fit, as she has her act together, and she is without a doubt lovely.  

My autographed Dark Shadows Scrapbook Memories book is one of my most prized possesions.

deron  :D

Offline Latisha

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Catcam.tv
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2002, 10:43:29 PM »
You are all right, she is amazingly beautiful.
Ringo, I didn't realize that was a picture of you and The Lovely and Talented, it is so teeny tiny-itty bitty that I couldn't tell, but now that you mention it...
Hey!  Does anyone have a teeny tiny-itty bitty picture of Latisha I could use?

Offline RingoCollins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2002, 01:24:29 AM »
You are all right, she is amazingly beautiful.
Ringo, I didn't realize that was a picture of you and The Lovely and Talented, it is so teeny tiny-itty bitty that I couldn't tell, but now that you mention it...
Hey!  Does anyone have a teeny tiny-itty bitty picture of Latisha I could use?

http://www.mindspring.com/~winston9/

If ya wanna see a larger version go to the above and then clik on TLATKLSandMe!  It will be there for a few more days.  And while you are there, you can poke around an look at pictures of my blues band, some of the animals at the Dekalb Humane Society [where we do volunteer work], the dogs my sister-in-law is 'socializing' for Canine Assistant work [and I get to 'baby sit' a lot in my continued terminal unemployment,] and some shots of a trip to George Harrison's chosen hometown [to go with an article in the current issue of Beatlefan].

But I don't think the picture has to be of a certain size to be used in yer profile, as that one on my pic list is what I used!  Then The Magical Mystical MB must magically resize it to its needed size to use as an avatar, thus proving 'Size isn't everything!'

I am leaving [on a jet plane, too] in about an hour for the NYC [greatest city in the universe] Beatle fan convention [actually in Secaucus NJ]  and will not be monopolizing the board for a few days! - Heyyyyy! Did I hear a collective cheer? :o [Do you think it odd that only one company makes the Monopoly Game?]  So if any of you tasteful folk are gonna cross over  ;) to the Beatleworld this weekend, please stop by the Beatlefan table, and I will treat you to a 'freedom' pin!! [while supplies last!][you may wanna ask for 'rick' or 'junior' [silly] there, tho, as asking for Ringo may be a little strange!

See ya'll Tues, or Wed [tape is rolling!]

Cheers,
Lord of the Ringo's

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2002, 01:56:37 AM »
The Magical Mystical MB must magically resize it to its needed size to use as an avatar, thus proving 'Size isn't everything!'

Actually, one of the system files that run the forum automatically resizes any personal pictures used as avatars. I don't have anything to do with it. ;)

Have a great trip!

Offline Minja

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2002, 06:32:57 AM »
Hey Ringo!

I loved seeing the larger pic of TLATKLS and you!  Great pic!  

I also snooped at some of the doggie pics.  What are the blue apron things draped over the dog's backs all about (re: Willie and co-workers).  The pics are too small to read what the aprons say.  Are these dogs training for service to the handicapped?  

And your Cookie is a sweetie!

[shadow=orange,left,300]ALWAYS, MINJA[/shadow]
Because I knew you, I have been changed for good.
-From the song "For Good" from "Wicked"

Offline RingoCollins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2002, 05:47:52 PM »
Hey Ringo!

I loved seeing the larger pic of TLATKLS and you!  Great pic!  

I also snooped at some of the doggie pics.  What are the blue apron things draped over the dog's backs all about (re: Willie and co-workers).  The pics are too small to read what the aprons say.  Are these dogs training for service to the handicapped?  

And your Cookie is a sweetie!

[shadow=orange,left,300]ALWAYS, MINJA[/shadow]

Yes, the blue jackets are for 'Canine Assistant' training purposes - my sister-in-law foster home's and socializes some beautiful animals, and we get to 'babysit' a lot [in my unemployed state!]  The big white dog is Willie, and he was beautiful, and has 'graduated' now, the dark brown one is Zeus [who had to drop out due to some eye problem] and the light brown fella is Buddy, our current project - he is gonna be a HORSE I think!  keeps getting bigger and bigger!

That whole program is a Win-Win-Win situation [except for the day we gotta move them along to the next level of training, for us that is always hard, but for the folks that they go on to help, it is a GREAT day!!]  If any of you have room in yer backyard [and in yer heart] to get involved with the training of these dogs, it is an experience that is amazing, and a good karma thing, too.  [My wife and I also volunteer at the local Humane Society - a No-Kill Facility - and I am scheduled to be on TV thursday morning - FOX5 at about 8:30 - with the doggy of the day! Judy keeps the website photos up to date and manages the fundraiser photos, thus the Santa Claws photos, you can quess my role in that!!]

And Cookie is from the Humane Society, a 'foundling' [like Victoria! to tie back to the show] and she has been great!  Glad ya enjoyed the photos!

I just got back from a great weekend Beatle-ing AND TWO LURKERS came up and said High!  I knew there were some cross-over fans!  [How about a post or two, ya'll?]

But glad to be back home!

a great first post for.....

The Return of Ringo

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
OT: Forum visitors
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2002, 11:06:05 PM »
I just got back from a great weekend Beatle-ing AND TWO LURKERS came up and said High!  I knew there were some cross-over fans!  [How about a post or two, ya'll?]

I second that, Ringo!  The forums' stats have been amazing... the readers are numbering many more times the nearly 100 registered members.  Even if we assumed that all users (registered and unregistered) access the board using 2 different computers, these forums are still bringing in as many as a few hundred unique visitors in a single day. :o I sure do wish we could hear from more of the lurkers!

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2002, 11:13:22 PM »
Why do you suppose people lurk rather than post?
I've never been on a forum before, but as soon as I found you all, I HAD to put my two cents in!!

Come on, people...you keep reading what WE think....only fair to tell us what YOU think.

You aren't afraid we might bite, are you?
Raineypark
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Nancy

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2002, 11:20:13 PM »
Why do you suppose people lurk rather than post?
I've never been on a forum before, but as soon as I found you all, I HAD to put my two cents in!!

Come on, people...you keep reading what WE think....only fair to tell us what YOU think.

You aren't afraid we might bite, are you?
Raineypark

I know from my own experience that there are many people who only have computer access at work and read boards and lists on their lunch break.  They are reluctant to "post" as many companies do watch how much email and posting on the internet you do from the office.  Even  few posts can get you into trouble. :-[

Nancy