Author Topic: BOZO JONATHAN FRID!  (Read 3828 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re:BOZO JONATHAN FRID!
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2003, 07:33:36 PM »
I can think of one other actor's shoes (heh) that Bozo the clown could've stepped into successfully-- Roger Davis'.  Particularly as lawyer Peter Bradford.  ;D

Sort of like this:

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2003, 07:45:53 PM »
ROFLMAO...

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2003, 08:18:43 PM »
What a hoot!  I hope someone with a laptop shows this to RD this weekend.

The caption should read something like, "Golly, Vicki, when I told Angelique she was making a mistake treating me like some hick bozo who didn't know squat about the law, I never thought it would lead to THIS!"

G.

Offline Happybat

• Full Poster
  • Jag gillar Dark Shadows!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2003, 08:30:47 PM »
ROTFL!!!  Thanks for the Friday afternoon laugh, guys! [crowdhappy]
Happybat

"One can only truly understand what one can create"--Giambattista Vico, Italian philosopher

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2003, 08:33:49 PM »
I'm thinking the forum should rechristen Peter, Bozo Bradford. Let's imagine, if you will, the fascinating twists his new persona could bring to some classic DS scenes:

* Barnabas and Vicki converse in her car as they elope. Suddenly Vicki gasps and shouts, "Barnabas! It's Bozo Bradford!!!" as a young man, dressed in complete Bozo suit and makeup comes into view of the car's headlights. Vicki loses control of the car and it careens off the road. "Bozo" struggles through the underbrush in his huge oversize shoes to see if they're all right...

* As they discuss the experiment in his lab, Dr. Lang happens upon a brilliant idea: "Barnabas - what if I were to tell you that you could have the hair and shoes of Bozo Bradford?!"

* After having consumed Prof. Stokes' "special" herb, the young man realizes that he is Bozo Bradford. Suddenly a baton appears in his hand and he begins marching around the room followed by a merry band, a group of excited children, and some just as excited animals. Vicki bursts into the room and, ecstatic,  immediately hugs him. "Oh, Bozo!"

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2003, 08:45:50 PM »
* After having consumed Prof. Stokes' "special" herb, the young man realizes that he is Bozo Bradford. Suddenly a baton appears in his hand and he begins marching around the room followed by a merry band, a group of excited children, and some just as excited animals. Vicki bursts into the room and, ecstatic,  immediately hugs him. "Oh, Bozo!"

Shades of Carlos Castenades...no??? 8)

tres cool MB....you da man!!!

lololol.....I OBJECT YOUR HONOR!!

Patti
What a Woman!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2003, 09:19:51 PM »
i noticed that frids appearance was from a bozo show in michigan. i thought bozo originated from chicago with larry harmon playing the part? perhaps local stations around the country had their own versions with their own hosts.

I forgot to post yesterday that while I was hunting up that photo of the werewolf, Julia and Barn for the Fest booklet cover thread on Current Talk, I came across a few more photos from Frid's Bozo appearance and one of the captions said that it was done for station WJRT in Flint, Michigan. Maybe that could be of some help when the DVDs come out...

Offline Bobubas

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • The Gates of Hell.
    • View Profile
    • Bob's Dark Shadow Event Photos
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2003, 03:13:09 PM »
ROTFLMAOPIMP!! That morph is too funny MB. This is the first I've seen of it, as I left from my pre-fest road trip prior to your posting it. I wish I had known about it, Broc had a laptop at the festival and could have shown your artwork to Roger.

Bob
Your Focus Determines Your Reality!
Everything in Life is only for now!

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2003, 07:36:35 PM »
Joey...how are you? How long did you go w/out electricity?

Patti

Sorry for the delay in responding.  I was out of power for 26 hours.  The blackout happened just as I was about to leave work for home.  I walked all the way from Chambers Street (near Ground zero) to my home in Jackson Heights, Queens.  It was a three hour walk, I was drenched as it was a hot, humid day.

Offline bluefielder

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: BOZO JONATHAN FRID!
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2008, 01:02:55 AM »
I read that Larry Harmon, who licensed Bozo, and portrayed him, died today at age 83.

Offline joe integlia

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • joes gallery of DS photos
Re: BOZO JONATHAN FRID!
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2008, 04:52:34 AM »
i heard about larry on the news and the 1st thing i thought of was this posting thread from 2003!