Author Topic: That Darn Cat...  (Read 997 times)

Offline DSFAN4EVER

• Junior Poster
  • ...yeah, yeah I know BIG TEETH run in our family!!
    • View Profile
That Darn Cat...
« on: August 25, 2003, 09:29:58 PM »
On Saturday morning the Hallmark network had a presentation of "That Darn Cat" and Grayson Hall was in that movie.  For a moment I thought I was watching DS, and I was waiting for Barnabas to do a walk on cameo!! [crowdhappy]
PEACE TO ALL!!!!

DSFAN4EVER

Offline The Ghost of Sarah Collins

• Senior Poster
  • Do You Know My Brother Barnabas...
    • View Profile
Re:That Darn Cat...
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2003, 05:21:41 AM »
I do love that movie! I wish they had given Mrs. Miller more lines or shown her in the newspaper thanking DC herself.
I always watch it when it airs, one day I hope to record it.  :D

Sarah's [ghost]
The Ghost of Sarah Collins (1784-1795)
Sister to Barnabas...@}{~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"That evil is wicked is well understood,
the wicked are punished so you must be good"
(Sarah to Barnabas)

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2003, 12:00:58 AM »
I wish they'd have shown Margaret's rescue .. .they storm into the apartment and don't show her rescue . .the uh. . whole start point of the frickin' movie..  .very lazy movie making. . even if she'd just been shown being untied.  .a 5 second shot. . really!
Julia99

ClaudeNorth

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2003, 01:23:29 AM »
Did Grayson have any lines in the movie?  I haven't seen it in a while, but from what I remember, all she did was stand still and look around.  Even the scene in which she started a fire was a letdown.  IIRC, she is not shown starting the fire, but merely standing and staring at it.

Another example of Hollywood's lack of imagination.  The woman managed to stand out in a cast consisting of Burton, Kerr, and Gardner, and this was the best they could come up with for her.

Still, I do like the movie...  :)

Regards,

John

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2003, 02:37:58 AM »
yes she had several lines in the first few scenes and a lingering neck rub from one of the bad robbers --or am i remembering this differently.  . . I know she rubs her face a lot after they ungag her. . . i seem to recall the older robber was trying to decide whether or not to strangle her . .or maybe another idea occurred to him. . Also, is that a wig, her hair is almost black. . .
Julia99

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2003, 03:59:02 PM »
She was really wasted in it.  She should have had a scene with Elsa Lanchester.  A more imaginative director would have gotten rewrites in once the cast had been assembled.   There were several missed opportunities in it.

Her good scenes are in the beginning part.  When she slips her wristwatch onto D. C., you can tell in the closeup of the cat that those hands AREN'T Grayson's.  Watch for the manicure--GH kept her nails clipped very short.  I guess she really was not a cat person--plus I doubt whether the kitty would have tolerated very many people putting something like a wristwatch over him.

G.