Author Topic: Dark Shadows fans in Boston this week  (Read 1546 times)

Offline brocman / BrocBaby / gaypowerpointguru

• I love DS!
    • View Profile
    • All about me
Dark Shadows fans in Boston this week
« on: August 25, 2003, 09:20:35 AM »
I decided to start a new topic to separate this from Newport and New York.  If you read that topic, you know that Bobubas is coming to Boston on Tuesday Aug 26 after spending Monday at everybody's favorite mansion in Newport.

My new best friend Keith just got promoted to Day Bar Manager at a bar between Downtown Crossing and Chinatown.  How about a get together on Tuesday at the bar.  They serve great food, at a reasonable price for downtown Boston.

If anybody has DVDs, I can play them on my laptop.  They probably have a VCR there -- or I could bring one of mine.  I've been working so much, I'm probably going to give up taping Passions & Days for a while.

I'm working on getting the best deal on Red Sox tickets for Bob Tuesday night.  Does anybody else want tickets?  Many seats are available -- wide range of prices. 8)

I also put a hold on a hotel room in the theater district.  I know the concierge who may be able to knock down the price for me.  I'd highly recommend Shear Madness -- half price tickets the day of the show.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re:Dark Shadows fans in Boston this week
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2003, 08:32:16 PM »
Hey Brocman, that all sounds like a lot of fun. I hope you are able to hook up with Bob and his friends.

I am having a stressful, hectic week--I just moved a week ago--and am not going to try to meet up with you guys.  I hope you enjoy the baseball game.  I've never understood baseball, alas.  I get skittish in stadiums.

Have fun!

G.

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2003, 03:14:53 AM »
sorry i missed this have had a hectic two days too with children
who have summer flu[eek]
Barry i'll answer your message nice to see another Boston fan! :)
hope Bob brings the Sox some luck now as i'm watching the game and we are a tad behind[eek]
Steve you would love baseball if our Don was in uniform! :-*

jennifer >:D
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

• I love DS!
    • View Profile
    • All about me
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2003, 03:13:06 PM »
What Bob and his crew did get to see:
http://www.7gables.org/
http://www.hammondcastle.org/index.htm

What they didn't see:
Me

IF YOU COME TO BOSTON FOR A VISIT, DON'T DRIVE.  LEAVE YOUR CAR AT HOME AND TAKE PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION.

Sorry for shouting, but it really is the best advice.  I hope everybody survived their ordeal driving around Boston  -- next time let me meet you outside the city first -- I could have gotten to Salem or Gloucester by the Commuter rail.

See you in New York,

I'm taking the Amtrack Acela either tonite or tomorrow.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2003, 05:11:22 PM »
Hey Barry, sorry to hear that you weren't able to connect with Bob and his friends.  Yes, folks, the traffic here in Boston really is horrifying, much more so than any episode of Dark Shadows.

Enjoy your trip to NYC. I'm sure you know about the cheap buses available out of Chinatown, and are choosing to take the train because it is more comfy.

Steve

• I love DS!
    • View Profile
    • All about me
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2003, 08:53:28 PM »
Steve's right -- there's a $10 ( :o bus from Boston to New York that leaves from Chinatown (almost around the clock I think).  My new office is only a couple blocks from there.   :D

I decided since I haven't taken a day off since Christmas, I deserved better than a bus ride.  My co-worker recommended the Amtrak Accela over the airport shuttle as it gets you closer to the city -- and won't require an expensive cab ride.

Plus, I heard many of the Acela trains have internet access.   ;D

I'll save the bus for a trip to Foxwoods or Mohegan Sun.

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2003, 10:52:59 PM »
I've been to both of these places and Hammond Castle is far eerier than any place I've ever been! In the grand ballroom you could feel the eyes of deceased visitors following your every move. It also has the skull of a sailor from Christopher Columbus' ship I believe. It would be a great place to rent for a DS Fest or Halloween party.
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2003, 02:55:15 PM »
I've been to both of these places and Hammond Castle is far eerier than any place I've ever been! In the grand ballroom you could feel the eyes of deceased visitors following your every move. It also has the skull of a sailor from Christopher Columbus' ship I believe. It would be a great place to rent for a DS Fest or Halloween party.

i've been to the House of 7 Gables but not the castle have to go soon
i take for granted i guess how much history is right here in my own back yard(ala Dorothy Gale)
i take the T to Boston when i go as i live about 5 miles from downtown!
Have fun Barry :)

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Happybat

• Full Poster
  • Jag gillar Dark Shadows!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2003, 03:46:21 PM »
Enjoy your trip to NYC. I'm sure you know about the cheap buses available out of Chinatown, and are choosing to take the train because it is more comfy.

This is probably a bit late now, but I took one of those Chinatown buses to NY once myself.  The bus itself was fine but the driver was a MANIAC!  This time I'm taking good old Greyhound which isn't a bad deal at $54 r/t.

I'm looking forward to this weekend!  ;D
Happybat

"One can only truly understand what one can create"--Giambattista Vico, Italian philosopher