Author Topic: Hallie's Hand  (Read 1484 times)

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Hallie's Hand
« on: August 23, 2003, 08:10:03 AM »
Did anyone notice that in Friday's episode Hallie didn't move her right arm once?  She did everything with her left arm and just held her right arm real still and it looked stiff.   Then, my Mom noticed that she was wearing a bandage on her right hand.   I wonder if she sprained it on the set or what?

Cassandra
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re:Hallie's Hand
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2003, 01:04:31 PM »
Hi, Cassandra was it yesterday's episode??
I didn't notice anything then.  Infact now
that you say that i did see that before.
Didn't dhr have the arm in a sling or
was that someone else????
           Love Anne :o ;D
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2003, 02:11:55 PM »
I noticed it too.   :-[  Poor Hallie.
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2003, 03:18:00 PM »
Ara! My previous post was eaten! I'll try again.

I vaguely remember reading that one day while greeting fans, Kathy stepped out behind a car that was backing up and was knocked to the ground by it. She would have been run over by it had the driver, who hadn't seen her, not been stopped by the gaggle of fans standing on the sidewalk.

I can't remember where I read this, but I believe it was in one of the almanacs. Correct me if I'm mistaken.

~Arashi

Offline doombuggy69

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2003, 05:56:34 PM »
Yes, it's true. Kathy Cody was struck by a car outside the DS studio. This was reported in 16 magazine back in 1970 too. According to them, Kate Jackson was the first on the scene to help her.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2003, 06:36:46 PM »
The next time you see her the injury will be written into the story.  It gets attributed to Gerard just as David Henesy's broken leg was blamed on Jeb.

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2003, 10:57:41 PM »
How is the bandaid on Julia's chin covered then.. .?  I noticed it once while watching the show. . it was subtle but there. . .i forget when this particular episode is. . but Julia is standing by the piano talking with someone . .maybe it was Chris right after she roundtripped from 1897?

And what did Grayson really do to warrant a bandaid on her chin?  That's uh kinda unusual for a girl. . .
Julia99

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2003, 01:11:35 AM »
How is the bandaid on Julia's chin covered then.. .?  I noticed it once while watching the show. . it was subtle but there. . .i forget when this particular episode is. . but Julia is standing by the piano talking with someone . .maybe it was Chris right after she roundtripped from 1897?

I remember that because we watched it not long ago-- she was asking Chris to pose as her chauffeur so he could get a sample of Olivia's handwriting.  The bandaid was camouflaged with makeup so we probably weren't supposed to notice, but you know how your girl loves to jut out her chin. ;)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2003, 07:56:15 PM »
I always think whenever I watch that show, "Oops, Grayson nicked herself shaving again."  I know it's hateful but I *always* think that (those episodes are among my favorites of the entire series).

That was in December and I think what really might have happened is that she skidded on a patch of ice and banged her chin. She used to walk the short distance between her apt and the studio, and she was just a bit accident prone.

Her own son used to refer to her distinctive gait as a "duck walk," back in the day.  *My* Mom would have brained me senseless if I had ever said something like that to her face.

G.

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2003, 12:16:04 AM »
LOL Steve!! So funny. . . so Matt was behing the "duck walk" i always wondered who coined that. . . that must've been her "i'm late, move my ass walk . ."  i've noticed she walks differently at times. .hurried, swanging (swinging hips) i can take my time.  .. Carlotta's liquid walk.  .  . good stage training i guess or shifting moods?
Julia99

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2003, 03:16:43 PM »
Did anyone notice that in Friday's episode Hallie didn't move her right arm once?
As usual, I'm once again behind in the eps so I haven't seen that yet.  But when she closed the chest of drawers when putting the orange dress away I did notice that Hallie has really long fingers.  My first thought was - what great hands for playing piano!
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad