Author Topic: I've been in the future for 2 weeks..think i'll.. .  (Read 1121 times)

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
I've been in the future for 2 weeks..think i'll.. .
« on: August 20, 2003, 09:21:41 PM »
Looking at the montage and reviewing yesterday's 2nd episode when our hero and heroine make it safely back to 1970 Collinwood. . .now Barnabas is used to spending many, many, many years in the same outfit. .but Julia?  After 2 weeks in the green, I'm surprised she didn't bolt up the stairs, screaming "god i need to shower!" [spoiler](Similar to her "god I forgot how comfortable these cloths are" .. after returning from 1840 and stripping off the gown and corsett assemblage. . .)[/spoiler]

No . .. she and Barnabas start wandering through the Collinwood Library and those old books Julia used to keep around as "cover" when posing as the historian.  She's smiling, curious about what they'll find. . .oblivious that everyone else has left the Drawing Room due to the B.O.. . . :-
[/b]
Julia99

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
Re:I've been in the future for 2 weeks..think i'll.. .
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2003, 12:44:53 AM »
Julia99,

Perhaps, a few minutes after Mr. B. and Dr. H. dramatically burst into the drawing room to announce their miraculous return from Parallel Time, Mrs. Stoddard, very gently and very tactfully, informed Julia that she would have Mrs. Johnson draw her a nice, hot bath (or "bawth" as the mistress of Collinwood is wont to say)?

Bob the Bartender, who thanks the good Lord that he had the presence of mind to take a nice, hot shower before going out and getting stuck in the blackout of 8/14/03!

Offline scout75

• Full Poster
  • "Sociopathic spinster!" "Histrionic fop!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2003, 04:00:54 AM »
Maybe that's why Hallie is so wary of Barnabas and Julia. They have the stink of evil from 1995 on them!

I just enjoyed Julia being under the thrall of Gerard Stiles, and reverting to her sociopathic spinster ways--however briefly...
BARNABAS: Here at Collinwood, old hates don't die. They lie in wait for the innocent and unsuspecting...

QUENTIN: We're guaranteed to make you believe (spells) exist. Our entire family can be explained in no other way...

Offline Tanis

• Full Poster
  • I Love Dark Shadows
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2003, 04:42:47 AM »
I was thinking the same thing about Julia's green suit.  I would have immediately wanted a shower and something fresh to wear.  Wonder what they did about clean underwear?

Doesn't Barnabas have on a different suit before we see Julia in anything different?

Can you imagine how wool must smell by now.

My two cents worth.

Tanis
There are no strangers, only friends we've yet to meet.

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2003, 09:17:21 AM »
And not only that but the poor woman had to sleep in those clothes (and in a chair no less!) while she was guarding Barnabas during the day in 1995!  It's a wonder she looks as good as she does.

Cassandra
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2003, 07:49:50 PM »
And not only that but the poor woman had to sleep in those clothes (and in a chair no less!) while she was guarding Barnabas during the day in 1995!  It's a wonder she looks as good as she does.

Maybe she took little catnaps on Adam's old cot in the basement. . . ::)
Julia99

Offline scout75

• Full Poster
  • "Sociopathic spinster!" "Histrionic fop!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2003, 04:18:25 AM »
And not only that but the poor woman had to sleep in those clothes (and in a chair no less!) while she was guarding Barnabas during the day in 1995!
Actually, the good Dr. Hoffman was too busy yakety-yakking to the only redneck sheriff in all of Maine as to what Barnabas really is... ;D ;)

Julia, that little possessed devil... >:D
BARNABAS: Here at Collinwood, old hates don't die. They lie in wait for the innocent and unsuspecting...

QUENTIN: We're guaranteed to make you believe (spells) exist. Our entire family can be explained in no other way...