Author Topic: Lauren Bacall  (Read 521 times)

ClaudeNorth

Lauren Bacall
« on: August 17, 2003, 05:39:13 AM »
Okay, so recently I've been meditating on 1950s-era Lauren Bacall, specifically as she appeared in HOW TO MARRY A MILLIONAIRE and WRITTEN ON THE WIND.  (Yes, I meditate on movie stars...)  Anyway, I couldn't help but notice a resemblance between Ms. Bacall and DS' very own Divine One, Grayson Hall.

Now, there's a pairing I would have loved.  LB would have been a great choice to play Julia's sister, or perhaps GH and LB could have played sisters in a great glossy Technicolor and Cinemascope soap opera extravaganza, unofficially based on the long-standing feud between real-life sisters Joan Fontaine and Olivia DeHavilland.  Too deliciously dreamy!

Thanking you in advance for your kind indulgence,

John

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
Re:Lauren Bacall
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2003, 10:13:32 PM »
John what a riot!  I remember reading Bacall's By Myself as a kid in Jr. High ohhh so long ago.  I remember she joked on Johnny Carson that in 10 years the title would be "Still By Myself". . .unfortunately, I believe that has proven to be the case. . .I should read that again actually. .
Julia99

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Re:Lauren Bacall
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2003, 01:32:23 AM »
What a divine pairing!!!

Like "How to Marry a Millionaire" (but I think I enjoy Wm. Powell's presence most of all); love Bacall in "Key Largo" and oh what's the one...."You know how to whistle" asks Bogey, where Bacall replies, "You put your lips together & blow".

Yes...those would be two 'broads' who could've played well off of each other!!!

Thanks,

Patti
What a Woman!