Author Topic: OT: Kate Jackson on Match Game 76  (Read 998 times)

Offline patrickm

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
OT: Kate Jackson on Match Game 76
« on: July 06, 2013, 03:49:53 PM »
For those who might be interested, Kate Jackson's 2nd week of shows appearing on Match Game will air starting on Monday July 8th at 8am EDT on GSN. They will be on Monday and Tuesday 8-9am and Wednesday 8-8:30 am. These shows are from 1976 and are different from the shows that aired previously.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: OT: Kate Jackson on Match Game 76
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 04:28:49 PM »
Thanks for the heads up, patrick.  [ghost_smiley]

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2013, 08:04:38 PM »
I'd like to know just where Ms. Jackson was seated for that particular episode of "The Match Game." It always seemed as if the extremely attractive female celebrity panelists (obviously, such as Ms. Jackson) on the show, were seated in the first chair on the extreme left of the lower row so that host Gene Rayburn could easily flirt with them.  [ghost_cool] [ghost_wub] [ghost_rolleyes]

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 01:17:50 AM »
I  remember that  with Gene Ray Burn  it was a great game show!
                            Love  Anne [ghost_smiley]
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 10:58:55 PM »
Annie,

I always thought that the late actress Brett Somers (also the ex-wife of the late Jack "Oscar Madison" Klugman) and actor Charles Nelson Reilly were absolutely hysterical on that great game show.  (You know, there was a rumor that Ms. Somers, Mr. Reilly and some of the other celebrity panelits used to enjoy a cocktail or two during meal breaks between tapings of the show.  You could see how much "happier" the celebrities became as the week progressed on the show.) [ghost_rolleyes] [ghost_tongue2] [ghost_grin]

However, I think the GREATEST moment on "The Match Game" was when, just after a young guy with a completely bald head like, say, the warlock Judah Zachery, and only about thirty-years-old or so, had just lost and was about to "wheeled off" the set, Charles Nelson Reilly abruptly jumped up from his seat on the upper row of celebrities and shouted to the television crew: Hold it!" 

And, with that, Mr. Reilly proceeded to walk across the entire set to the still seated young guy, and then Mr. Reilly reached up and removed the oh-so-obvious toupee from the top of his own head and gently placed it perfectly on the now startled contestant's equally bald noggin.  "There, now you look ten years younger!" Mr. Reilly quipped as Gene Rayburn, Brett Somers, Betty White, Richard Dawson and everybody else in the tv studio erupted into a fit of uncontrollable laughter!!! [ghost_cheesy]

I tell you, THAT had to be "The Match Game's" greatest moment! [ghost_wink] [ghost_cheesy] [ghost_grin]   

Bob

PS Ms. Somers possessed a genuine Downeast Maine accent; something some of the Dark Shadows actors might have emulated, imo. [ghost_rolleyes]   

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2013, 11:20:00 PM »
I tell you, THAT had to be "The Match Game's" greatest moment! [ghost_wink] [ghost_cheesy] [ghost_grin]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWgfFtpfYRs   It starts at 2:30  [ghost_wink]

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2013, 05:44:12 PM »
Midnite,

Thanks for the youtube clip of Mr. Reilly's great moment on "The Match Game."  (After all these years, I completely forgot about Mr. Reilly's cowboy hat!)  I recall that one critic said that with that "piece" on the top of his head, Mr. Reilly almost looked like Robert Redford's brother! [ghost_grin]  In later years, Mr. Reilly just wore a funny hat, just like the late, great Groucho Marx wore on guest appearances like "The Dick Cavett Show."

(Do you remember when Jonathan Frid appeared along with the rock group, The Association, on Dick Cavett's afternoon ABC show back, I think, in either the summer of 1967 or 1968?)

Several years ago, Mr. Reilly appeared at the Irish Repertory Theatre in New York City and he was absolutely terrific.  Mr. Reilly once remarked that immediately after watching an x-rated film he was very annoyed because, "I got to see people having more 'fun' in 50 minutes up there on the screen, than I had had in my ENTIRE life!"     [ghost_rolleyes] [ghost_cheesy] [ghost_grin]

Bob

Offline patrickm

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2013, 04:20:52 PM »
As a kind of interesting footnote, on the following weeks show, one of the phrases on the big money match was _________ Shadow. The 1st celebrity asked was George Kennedy and he said Dark. The contestent ended up choosing it from the 3 and it was the $500 top answer. LOL.