Author Topic: No more Vidal Sassoon??  (Read 1390 times)

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
No more Vidal Sassoon??
« on: August 14, 2003, 07:57:25 PM »
Sooo . .at some point here I guess the Great G decided longer hair was her thing now rather than the Mia Farrow/Vidal Sassoon cut .. cuz she never goes back .. .lookie all that hair!  :P  Well i'm thinking it's that time again (every 2 years I think this) to go back to the bob/pageboy thing. . .
Julia99

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re:No more Vidal Sassoon??
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2003, 11:48:33 AM »
Julia99...(do you mean Grayson Hall)?

If so, your avatar pic of her, with fuller hair, is quite attractive.

Is that a pic from NODS/HODS (Carlotta, maybe)?

She looks duvoon!!!

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline MrsJ

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2003, 10:06:01 PM »
Sooo . .at some point here I guess the Great G decided longer hair was her thing now rather than the Mia Farrow/Vidal Sassoon cut .. cuz she never goes back .. .lookie all that hair!  :P  Well i'm thinking it's that time again (every 2 years I think this) to go back to the bob/pageboy thing. . .

I'm not a fan of the longer hairstyle either.  I'm thinking that Julia should have grabbed a comb (as well as a change of clothes) on her brief visit to her Collinwood quarters...
I love this 1995 sequence, as it gives lots of Julia/Barnabas scenes...too bad Julia couldn't have looked a *little* more appealing  ;)

MrsJ.

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2003, 10:46:04 PM »
Julia99...(do you mean Grayson Hall)?

If so, your avatar pic of her, with fuller hair, is quite attractive.

Is that a pic from NODS/HODS (Carlotta, maybe)?

She looks duvoon!!!

My avatar is from the daytime DS. . when they return to 1970/71 and try to stem off disaster. . it's one of Grayson's best (quick) looking time periods (aside from right after 1897) an upcoming scene has her swinging her hips into the Drawing Room of Collinwood with a wild orange sweater, scarf and hip-belt on,. . .only it disappears in the next scene under a jacket. .grr!

And just to be clear, I AM a fan of the longer hair.  ..i luv Carlotta's wig. . and G would wear her hair like that off and on herself. . just in this time of her life. . she seemed to swing by Vidals for a new look. . .which she abandoned after a few years. . .
Julia99

Offline franimal

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2003, 02:52:00 AM »
it's one of Grayson's best (quick) looking time periods (aside from right after 1897)

And just to be clear, I AM a fan of the longer hair.

I was thinking the same thing.....watching the other day I thought that Grayson looked really nice.  Facially as well as the hair.  I'm a fan of the longer hair as well.

c'ya!!

Franimal

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2003, 08:37:16 AM »
Well I guess you can tell Im a fan of long hair also and I really love Julia's new hair do! This has always been my favorite look on her.  She looks absolutely lovely.  I never realized how thick and full her hair really was.

Cassandra
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2003, 04:17:35 PM »
the transition time was disasterous as we've discussed but this is a good look .. i'm not sure she doesn't have some help though. . there is a photo floating around (a friend got it at the DS fest) where she's obviously very tired, has on tons of makeup and is wearing a wig. . .i don't know if it was leading up to PT, one of the few Julia-Hoffman RT/PT scenes are now. .  cuz when i watch these eps it does really look like her hair. . and babes. .i can spot a wig or rug from a mile away. . . .Actually this photo I'm referring to might be from the HODS where we KNOW she wore a wig. . .

Her costume for that photos appears to be the blue dress, with a dual conjoined ringed gold broach with a centered stone in the conjoined rings on her collar. . .if you see her in that check out the hair and let me know. . .I'll finally have SCIFI again starting Sept 1st. . .yeah!
Julia99