Author Topic: #1058/1059: Robservations 08/11/03: Stokes on the Warpath  (Read 1309 times)

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
#1058/1059: Robservations 08/11/03: Stokes on the Warpath
« on: August 09, 2003, 05:44:49 PM »
1058 - Barnabas looks once again at the blueprints of Collinwood, scanning them desperately. "She must be here somewhere," he says. A dejected Maggie enters. He's forced to tell her, we haven't found Julia. Quentin doesn't believe she's alive anymore, says Maggie, depressed. Barnabas looks aghast at this suggestion. Quentin's given up, says Maggie, he doesn't want to fight anymore--he says it's been useless since Hamilton saw him standing over Bruno's body...Barnabas, he isn't thinking of himself anymore, he just talks about what I should do, and it's almost as if he's already been sentenced. He will fight again, Barnabas assures her, we will find Julia, I'm sure. No, says Maggie, now I've got to do what Quentin wants me to do. But, if she's hidden somewhere...he objects. My husband wants me to leave Collinwood-forever, says Maggie-we've got to leave tonight. Maggie! cries Barnabas in disbelief. We must, she says, he doesn't want us here anymore, he says he'll never walk through that door again and can't bear to think of me here. But, if Julia is hidden here, repeats Barn. She isn't, insists Maggie, you and the police have proven to everyone but yourself she isn't here-we've got to go, Barnabas-we must. Barnabas, stricken, is unsure.

Julia sits on her cot, rubbing herself for warmth, wondering desperately, why haven't they found me? (and if she only knew while she was dreaming of Barnabas going off with Roxanne, leaving her behind, he was searching for her with Inspector Hamilton-how cruel can fate be)?

It seems so final, Maggie, says Barnabas, to close the house and leave. We have no choice, Maggie says. Wait until tomorrow, pleads Barnabas, let me talk to Quentin. It will do no good, she says, this house represents all the tragedy he's seen in his life-now, when I think how eagerly I looked forward to coming here with Quentin... Maggie if we leave here now and Julia's hidden, she will die! says Barnabas. She's not here--if there was any evidence she was here, I wouldn't go, but there's none! Maggie says. How ineffectual I feel, he laments, not able to do anything for Julia or Quentin, or to persuade Roxanne to go to the police. You've seen her? asks Maggie. No, says Barn--she was here but she got away, I couldn't find her-she's out there somewhere and we're here, unable to clear Quentin.

Woods - Roxanne walks. Stokes puts his hand on her shoulder, asking, are you taking a stroll? Stay away from me! she orders. I thought we were friends, my dear, he chastises her. Barnabas didn't kill Claude, says Roxanne triumphantly. What a persuasive man Mr. Collins is, says Stokes, I told you to stay way from him. You don't give me orders, she says disdainfully. Someone must, he says, because you're a fool-I told you the police were hunting for you and you ran straight to him-I suppose he told you I killed Claude North--and you believe him, even though the idea is preposterous, Claude and I were the closest of friends, as you know. Don't make me remember any of that! she says. Obviously, says Stokes, you'd prefer to think about Barnabas, well, what do you think of him, with those strange, psychic gifts of yours?-I'm sure if you told the truth about Mr. Collins, what you'd say would be most interesting-he's a man with a secret, you know. Stokes grabs her painfully by the arms-do you know it?--do you know his secret? I have no idea what his secret could be! she insists. I will find it out, I'm sure of that, warns Stokes, and he will learn that in any battle I have an incredible will to win. Even if it involves killing? she asks. There's no proof that I have ever killed anybody, says Stokes-there was proof that I have conquered death Yes, she says, and you used ME to do it! You should be proud, he says. Proud? she rails--you robbed me of my life-I know why you follow me, why you keep bothering me-I'll never let you use me again--never! She runs off, Stokes pursuing her, calling her name.

Collinwood - Maggie tells Barnabas, I can't begin to explain everything that happened around here-Quentin tried to explain and it makes no sense-why can't Roxanne help us? Barnabas says, there might be no need for that-if the police can establish the body they found was Angelique's, whatever Roxanne says could be superfluous. In that case, says Maggie, Roxanne can help them no more, only Julia? Yes, he says. Then I'm going to pack, says Maggie-at least I can do what he wants me to do. She leaves. Roxanne stands outside the drawing room window, watching Barnabas with longing. Barnabas goes over the blueprints again. Julia! he says to himself, Julia! He feels a hand curl around his shoulder-- Roxanne. You've come back! he says. I'm afraid when I'm not with you, she says. His mouth twitches; he gazes at her pretty throat with hunger.

Why are you staring at me? asks Roxanne. I don't know, he says. You must, she insists, you look so sad. No, he says. I thought you would be happy to see me, she says. I am, he assures her. You're not acting like it, says Roxanne, her hand on his arm--you're so cold. Perhaps because I must be, he says. Oh, Barnabas, why? she asks, when you act this way, I'm afraid even when I'm with you-that Stokes, he says you have a secret. Barnabas looks trapped. Do you? she asks, what is it? He moves away. I ask too many questions, she says--Claude used to tell me that. She follows Barnabas-I'm sorry, she says, I don't care what it is. You would, he insists. No, she says. Roxanne, I love you so, he murmurs. Delighted, she says, I want you to hold me. No, he says firmly. Is it wrong to love? she asks. For me! he says. I can't believe that, she says-I remember how kind and gentle you are, I remember how you took care of me, how you touched me when I opened my eyes-I know it without you saying a word, Barnabas, I looked in your face and I knew-that's when I began to love you-yes, love--there, I've said it! He looks miserable. Why don't you look at me, why? she demands. You must go away, he insists, we can never be together. Why? she asks, tell me! You wouldn't love me if I did, he says. Oh, Barnabas, she says, you trust me so little-you treat me as a child, and I'm not-how can you say you love me so much and then send me away? Because that is the way it must be, he insists. That is what YOU say, Roxanne bleats, but what I say. . .she begins. I don't care what you say, or feel, he retorts--my dearest, if you only knew I could give into this-but you must go! He turns away from her again. She calls his name plaintively. Go! he shouts, facing her again. She starts to walk away, but turns back-give me a chance, she pleads. I cannot! he cries, we can never see each other again-now go! Crying, she runs out of the house. Barnabas sits by the fire, puts his head in his hands, and lets out a moan of despair.

Woods - Roxanne walks, mournfully calling, "Barnabas!"

Back in front of the fire - Barnabas tells himself, I did what was right-there's no way for me with her, I feel, I shall do without her-I cannot make her what I am, I cannot give in to myself. Roxanne returns, her love a palpable presence in the room. This time, Barnabas takes her in his arms. Allow me to share whatever is wrong, she says-don't ever say no to me, please never say no to me! I cannot, he insists. Holding him tightly, she asks, what love--but sharing? He pulls away from her. Oh, you don't know, he says. I am willing to, she assures him-look at me-love me, Barnabas, love me! He stares at her a moment, then asks, "Whatever the cost?" Whatever, she promises, yes, Barnabas.
He opens his mouth, nuzzles the nape of her neck and plunges his fangs into her yielding throat.

Nearly 6 PM - Collinwood - Maggie comes downstairs calling to Barnabas. He meets her at the stairs--Roxanne is here, he says. Will she go to the police? asks Maggie. She will if need be, he says. Go upstairs and get an article of clothing from Hoffman's room, instructs Barnabas. Why? she asks. Do as I say! he demands. He enters the drawing room where Roxanne now sits on the couch. Do you know how the world is? she asks dreamily-it's so very light when I'm with you, but when you go away, it's so very dark. He looks ashamed. Come to me, she pleads. He takes her in his arms--for so many years, I've wanted to hold someone as I'm holding you now, he murmurs. I am yours, that is all I know, she says. Are you all right? she asks. Yes, she says. There's something I want you to do for us, he says, you have certain powers, psychic powers. She seems upset at his mentioning this. Stokes told Julia that you did, says Barnabas-that is why... That is why Claude North was interested in me, she says resentfully. Will you use them for us? he asks. I don't like to use them, she says, turning away from him. Do they frighten you? he asks. Oh, you know even that, she murmurs, pleased. We have a woman named Julia Hoffman, he says, we don't know if she's dead or alive-if she's alive, we want you to tell us where--will you do that? Oh, Barnabas, she says, unsure. You must not be afraid, he says. Right--I will try, she promises, but you must not expect too much. I have faith in you, he says. Maggie stands in the doorway. Barnabas invites her in and introduces the two women-she is going to help us, Maggie, he says, make every effort to find Julia. If I can, Barnabas, Roxanne reminds him. I will abide by whatever Roxanne says, says Barnabas. Maggie hands him a scarf. Are you sure this is Hoffman's? he asks. Positive, says Maggie. Barn asks Rox, are you ready? She takes the scarf in her hands and sits down, gazing at it. What do you see? asks Barnabas. A tall woman, vivid, says Roxanne, he face is very white. Yes, yes, says Barnabas eagerly. I can barely see her, says Roxanne, she won't come in clearly to me. Where is she? demands Barnabas, twice. I don't know, says Roxanne. But you must-try, Roxanne, urges Barnabas. She concentrates, then says, she is lying down. Where? asks Barn. It's cold, says Roxanne-"She is dead! This woman is dead!"
Dead!?--Barnabas looks helplessly at Maggie. (Of course, Maggie brought HOFFMAN'S scarf, not Julia's; why didn't Barnabas pick up on this right away; I did when I saw this episode the first time!)

Julia awakens in her cellar prison. A dream, just a dream, she assures herself-no, it was NOT a dream, I am here! Help me, somebody help me! she begs, her voice ragged.

After announcing that Hoffman is dead, Roxanne drops her head on her arms. Barnabas and Maggie run to her, making sure she's all right. I know I didn't tell you what he wanted to hear, says Roxanne sadly. But you did tell us what we expected was true, says Maggie, defeated. I've been a fool continuing to hope like this, declares Barnabas-- Angelique would never let an enemy live. We will close the house tonight, says Maggie. Yes, says Barnabas. I have some packing to do, Maggie says-thank you, Roxanne. She leaves. Barnabas sits on the sofa, dejected. What's wrong? Roxanne asks. What you just told me gives me great grief, he says-she was a true friend. Oh, I hate to leave you, she says. Then stay until dawn, he says. No, you should help Mrs. Collins, she says-I want to be alone now, Barnabas, I'm not afraid to be alone any longer, I know I have you. Always, he swears, and you will come back at dusk. Yes, she says. Let me take you to your house, I've never been there, he says. Findley's Cove, she tells him. Come, I'll take you there, he says. Maggie needs you right now more than I do, insists Roxanne. All right, he says. He leads her to the door and sees her out, their arms around each other. Roxanne, he says, if it weren't for Julia, tonight would be a very happy night for me, happier than you can imagine. She smiles at him, equally happy, and leaves.

Maggie comes downstairs, coat over her arm--there are many things I want to take with me, she says, yet Quentin said not to, he wants no memories of this place-"Do you think I'm doing the right thing?" He doesn't respond, but seems to be thinking hard.

Roxanne's home - You went back to Barnabas Collins, accuses Stokes-of course-what is his attraction, can you explain it? Please, just leave me alone! she orders. How can I? he asks, we are linked together, you and I, forever. Don't remind me, she snaps. I must, he says, before the police come-I must make sure you are on my side. I am not, I never was and never will be, she swears. Yes you will, he says, grabbing her. She pulls away, tries to go for the door--let me go! she cries. I cannot trust you, he says, trying to physically force her to stay. In the struggle he pulls off the scarf covering her Barnabas-inflicted love bites. She tries to hide them, cover them back up, but he stares at them carefully.
My God, he says--so, that is his secret! He grins with pleasure.

Maggie stands gazing into the dark drawing room. The foyer lights are still on, and she is nothing but a dark shadow. Barnabas enters the house--the luggage is in the car, he says. I never thought it would end this way, says Maggie. All the generations of Collins have lived here, says Barnabas. We should go quickly, suggests Maggie. She turns off the lights in the foyer and wonders aloud, who shall ever turn them on again?-who will ever live here again? She touches his arm and asks, are you thinking of Julia again? Yes, he says sadly. But you do believe Roxanne? she asks Yes, he says, then turns to leave, shoulders hunched. They go outside. Barnabas padlocks the front door. Maggie enfolds herself in her coat, trying to ward off the chill, and says, "It's over, Barnabas, all these years of Collins, over for all of us." She walks away. He gazes at the house one more time and goes, too.
In the basement, Julia waits for rescue, unaware that they all believe she's already dead.

NOTES: Come on, Barnabas, you asked for an article of HOFFMAN'S clothing, not your own Julia's, why aren't you thinking, vampire man? Does that whiny redhead (and even though she is lovely, her voice is getting to me this time in a way it never did before; those upward inflections are really annoying) have your brain as well as your testicles in an uproar? I'm sure it really galls Julia fans to hear Barnabas declare his love for Roxanne after Julia is closing in on death because of her love for him. It seems so superficial, and the age difference IS embarrassing. When I saw this show the first time, I was only 16, and since Roxanne is so young, I probably was fantasizing about their romance and hoping there was some hope for ME! Now, from the vantage point of now, it's just plain hard to watch. All I know is, it's apparent he isn't thinking clearly at all, and he should have realized his mistake in having Roxanne try her talents on a piece of clothing that we all know belonged to the dead Hoffman.

Stokes seems to be losing his grip. He wants to bring his daughter back to life again and plans to use Roxanne to do it. Now that he knows Barnabas' secret, how can he use it against both Barnabas and Roxanne. That's a very dangerous weapon in the hands of a revenge-minded father. Wonderful performance by Thayer David, as always. The man is so good at playing this version of Stokes, I marvel at him every time I see this storyline.

Barnabas bit Roxanne, and she wanted it. Poor Julia has offered so many times, and he always turns her down. Always a bridesmaid, never a bride is Julia.

OK, now Julia has been left behind in a cold, empty house. Will someone rescue her? We can only hope Barnabas, lust-clouded though his mind may be, comes to his senses.

1059 - Roxanne's cottage - You know what Barnabas Collins is! Stokes yells at Roxanne--why don't you admit it? I will tell you nothing! she vows. You'll tell me if I have to throttle the life out of you! he threatens, going for her throat. Despite her struggles, he finds the marks-Barnabas made them, didn't he? demands Stokes. No! says Roxanne. Who else could have made them? demands Stokes, beginning to strangle her--"Tell me before I lose all patience!" She grabs his arm, trying to fight him off, but finally admits it's true. If only Angelique could hear that, how it would delight her, says Stokes, but she will know it in due time. Roxanne adjusts the scarf around her neck, then asks, what do you mean by that? The world hasn't heard the last of Angelique, Stokes assures her-I've restored her to life before and I will again-with your help. I won't help you! cries Roxanne, I'll never go through that again-I'm not the same person I was the first time you used me-Barnabas has changed me! Your devotion to Barnabas will vanish as soon as he is gone, says Stokes. Gone? she asks. There are many ways to kill a vampire, says Stokes, I don't know yet which one I'll use, but I will know before the dawn comes. No, you'll never have him! screams Roxanne, bolting for the door, but he prevents her escape and says, "Your future is with me, not Barnabas, in a few hours you'll forget he ever existed." He shoves her into another room as she struggles, begging, I'll do anything you want, if you just leave Barnabas alone. He locks her in. Stay there, my dear, he says, I'll return for you when I need you. He slinks off.

Loomis House - Maggie sits on the couch. You can stay there as long as you likes, says Barnabas. Thank you, she says, but I'll move to the Inn tomorrow-I'll be closer to Quentin. Of course, says Barn, why not try to get some rest? I doubt I'll be able to sleep, she says-everything seems so useless now. I know, he says, sitting in a chair, but the autopsy might help Quentin when the Inspector discovers Alexis is really Angelique--he may be more likely to believe the rest of our story. How soon will we know? she says. He's preparing for the autopsy now, says Barn-I can't believe that Julia's gone-I'll never forgive myself for letting her stay here. Stay here?--what do you mean? asks Maggie. Of course you wouldn't understand, says Barnabas, perhaps I'll tell you someday. Maggie picks up the scarf that Roxanne used to tell them Julia's fate--it would be a supreme irony if Quentin were to be freed by Hoffman, of all people, she says. "Good Lord!" says Barnabas. "What a fool I've been!" (Hurray-light has dawned!) Maggie asks, what do you mean? The scarf, he says, pulling it into his hands-the scarf belongs to Hoffman-it's Hoffman who's dead!--Julia may still be alive! He rises from the chair. What are you talking about? she asks. Of course you wouldn't understand, he says, and there's no time to explain-you simply must take my word and listen to what I have to say-there's still the possibility that Julia is still alive. Maggie doesn't get it. Listen, he advises, don't try to understand-go upstairs--at the end of the corridor, you'll find a closet with some women's clothes in it-bring it down here and wait for me-I'm going to get Roxanne-if Julia's still alive, it's possible she'll be able to find her. He drops the scarf on a small table. It immediately falls off. He leaves. Maggie doesn't understand.

Roxanne's cottage - Barnabas enters, calling to Roxanne. She bangs on the door, wailing his name, and goes into his arms when he releases her. I'm very glad you're all right, she says. Of course, he says, what happened to you-who locked you in there? Stokes, she says, he came here and he knows all about you-he forced me to tell him-I didn't want to! Barnabas assures her--it's all right. It's not, she says, Stokes is out looking for you now, and wants to kill you! I he will find Stokes later, says Barn, but I made a terrible mistake-there's still a chance Julia is alive-I'm taking you to the Old House and will give you an article of clothing from a DR. Julia Hoffman. Dr. Hoffman? asks Roxanne. Yes, he'll explain on the way over, there's no time now, he says.

Maggie brings down the blue overnight suitcase used by everyone in RT. She opens it on a table. Barnabas and Roxanne come in; he asks the latter to select any article of clothing she likes. I think I'll take the brooch, says Roxanne, holding it in her hand, concentrating on it. She sits at the desk, then places the brooch on the desk.
Barnabas Do you see anything? asks Barn anxiously. Something's taking shape, says Roxanne. What is it? Barn asks impatiently. It's not clear yet, says Roxanne, it's taking shape very slowly. Tell me what it is! says Barnabas. It's a room, intones Roxanne, a very small room without windows. But where? demands Barnabas. She sees bricks coming into focus. I've never seen it before, says Roxanne--dark, cold, there's someone there. Who? asks Barnabas. A woman, says Roxanne. Do you recognize her? Barnabas asks. I cannot see, says Roxanne. What, Roxanne, he begs. It's the same face I saw before, says Roxanne, only now she's alive. The same face-not the same woman, says Barnabas--can you lead us to her? Yes, her eyes are open, says Roxanne, moving... Lead us to her, we will follow, says Barnabas. I think I can find the room, says Roxanne. She walks to the door, brooch in hand, Barnabas and Maggie behind her.

Julia lies on the filthy cot in her basement prison. I must stay awake, she tells herself, there might still be a chance-I must not fall asleep! She sits up on the cot.

Rox, Barn and Maggie enter Collinwood. Barnabas laments, Julia is in this house, and we almost abandoned her--lead us to where you think she is. Roxanne, finger outstretched, walks, the other two follow.

Julia is nearly asleep. Roxanne, Barn and Maggie enter the basement. She is here! cries Roxanne, very close by. Are you sure? asks Barn excitedly. I can feel her presence, says Roxanne. Barnabas calls to Julia-can you hear me? Julia, however, has fallen asleep and cannot. She moves her head, but doesn't awaken. Did you make a mistake, Roxanne? Asks Barnabas. His psychic girlfriend says, I can still feel Julia's presence. Maggie points to a door on the opposite wall, suggesting, it leads to a corridor. He goes to investigate, and Roxanne follows them. Julia sleeps uneasily, then awakens. She begins to sob helplessly, berating herself for falling asleep again. However, the searching trio hears her sobs. Barnabas looks around and realizes it's coming from behind the wall behind the bookcase. "Julia!" he calls.
Realizing she's been found, Julia calls his name-Barnabas, is it you? She runs to the door. It is me, he assures her--thank God you're alive-how do we get in there? She hugs the door in her relief-- there's a lever there somewhere, she says. Barnabas searches for it.

Stokes arrives at Loomis House, skulking outside.

Loomis House drawing room - Julia drinks a brandy on the sofa--in my prison, she says, I didn't know if it was day or night, and then I really became frightened when Angelique stopped coming there and realized something must have happened to her-"I was terrified that no one would ever find me." Did Angelique admit she'd killed Bruno? asks Barnabas. Yes, says Julia, and the doll with Bruno's ascot on it is in a drawer in her room-Barnabas, we've got to get it and give it to the police. No, we'd better let the police discover it for themselves, advises Barnabas. Julia puts her brandy glass on the mantle. The phone rings. Maggie answers. It's Hamilton, who wants to speak to Barnabas. The vampire's face lights up as he says, "I see-yes, I'll tell Mrs. Collins at once!--tell me, what is Quentin's status now?" Maggie looks anxious. Barnabas tells the Inspector, I also has some news-Julia Hoffman's been discovered-yes, just as soon as possible. He hangs up and gives Maggie the good news--it's been proven beyond a doubt that Alexis is actually Angelique. Then Quentin is free! declares Maggie joyously. Not yet, says Barn, they still have to question Julia-but Quentin has requested that Angelique be cremated, and as soon as that's done, Roxanne, you will be free of Stokes-he will have no further use for you. They're waiting to see you, Barnabas tells Julia, do you feel up to it? Yes, she assures him, I think it's important we get it all over with. Maggie leads Julia away. Barnabas suggests to Roxanne, you had better come with us. No, she says, there is no need now-the police know everything I could tell them-Barnabas, I don't want to remember what Claude made me do. He smiles and says, "Of course, my love." He kisses her and leaves her standing by the mantle, looking moony and in love. As soon as Barnabas leaves, Stokes looks through the window, grinning when he sees Roxanne alone.

Stokes enters Loomis House, quietly closing the door behind him. Roxanne doesn't see or hear him at first, but he chortles, "So, your benefactor came to your rescue." What are you doing here? she asks angrily. Don't be scared, he says, I have every reason not to harm you. And, she says triumphantly, I imagine that you'll be interested to know your plans are going to change, too. What does that mean? he asks. The police have discovered the truth about Angelique, says Roxanne, and Quentin Collins has instructed them to cremate her body. He shakes his head-I don't believe that. You'll never be able to bring her back again! says Roxanne smugly. I blame Barnabas for this, says Stokes--he's done nothing but interfere since he arrived--if he hadn't come here, I would have succeeded--now I've failed-I won't go quietly, I'll have my revenge before I go-on Barnabas, Quentin...I'll have my revenge! he shouts, and races after Roxanne, who grabs the dagger from the desk-I'll kill you if you touche me, she warns, I swear it!
Stokes laughs, takes off his hat, says very well, my dear, I'll save you for last, but first I'll give you the pleasure of viewing the dead, disintegrating body of Barnabas Collins. And, laughing madly, he leaves the house. Roxanne sits in a chair, holding the dagger poised for action.

1:30 - Roxanne awakens from sleeping on the sofa when she hears the front door open and close. Who's there? she cries. Barnabas takes her in his arms-"It's only me, Roxanne," he says. Terrified, she describes how Stokes came here about half an hour ago--I had to use this (the dagger, which she hands to him) to defend myself. He threatened you! says Barnabas, staring at the dagger. I made the mistake of telling him about Angelique's body, she says-he was in a rage, he promised to take revenge against you. It's too late for his revenge now, says Barnabas-I will get to him before dawn. What happened in town? asks Roxanne. Pleased, Barnabas explains, Quentin is cleared-Julia and I had to stay on, we're going to talk further with the authorities. The phone rings. Barnabas answers. It's Julia-I'm sorry, she says, but we will be here at least an hour. Has anything gone wrong? asks Barn. No, says Julia, but Quentin and I are waiting to make our final depositions-Maggie will be back there before we will-Quentin didn't see any need for her to wait here. I should have stayed with her until I was ready to go, says Barn. No, says Julia, you had no way of knowing-we'll be here another hour or two and then we'll be back. We'll be waiting for her, says Barnabas. He hangs up and tells Roxanne, Maggie is coming back, I'll wait for her here-then I will deal with Stokes. He takes Roxanne into his arms and hugs her.

A happy Maggie walks through the woods. Stokes grabs her from behind, clamping his hand over her smiling mouth. "There is no longer a first Mrs. Quentin Collins," he says, holding her tightly as she flails fruitlessly in his grip, "soon, there will be no second!"
Maggie screams behind his hand, caught fast in his clutches.

NOTES: When Julia learns that Roxanne and Barnabas have fallen in love, she might wish that, instead of being rescued, she'd been left to rot in the basement. I don't think she'll be able to again play second fiddle to a SYT, even if that SYT did save her life. I'm glad Barnabas realized the problem with the clothing situation and sent Maggie to get the correct Julia Hoffman's article of clothing.

Stokes has apparently gone insane, taking over his daughter's plan of revenge to get rid of the Collins family. He's started with Maggie and plans to cut a swath of destruction throughout those who remain. Lucky for Amy and Daniel/David they're at the Inn and away from this madness. Who's staying with them, I wonder?

I don't know if it was wise for Roxanne to brag to Stokes that Angelique is being cremated, because I believe that news, and the final ruin of his plans, puts his already-fragile sanity over the edge. Then again, the shameless way she was used to keep his daughter alive gives her certain rights to hurt him.

OK, so Hamilton believes everything Barnabas told him now, and will free Quentin? Not terribly realistic policing, IMHO, but then again, perhaps law is different in PT. It seems to me that Hamilton needs hard proof, and all that's available is circumstantial, plus Julia's testimony is dubious, given her position in the household.

But hey, it was a pretty satisfying ep, wasn't it?

Love, Robin