Author Topic: Memories of Joel Crothers  (Read 2362 times)

Online Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: Memories of Joel Crothers
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2013, 01:24:01 AM »
Hi Gothick  glad  you had a great time listening to the Author of  the book  on Joel  Crothers.
                     Take  Care Love  Anne  [ghost_smiley]
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2013, 02:16:33 AM »
After watching 1966/early '67 for the first time a couple years ago, I was impressed with Crothers' acting as Joe, and it certainly wasn't because I tend to like plain old mainstream characters, because I don't.   There was clearly a mind at work there, doing all he could to get across the character's hidden pain and conflict, making sure to do it with subtlety to make it genuine and affecting.   It never seemed like effortless "just be yourself" acting.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2013, 05:45:27 PM »
Hi Annie, thanks for your nice note.

Just to clarify, Felice has not written a book about Joel.  I inquired if Felice would be publishing more of his diaries from the late 70s and 1980s but his response was somewhat evasive--I gather that if more is published, there may have to be some editing involved to protect some reputations!

Felice has published two books of short stories that are fictionalized versions of material he has selected from the diary, but he specifically told me that none of the stories has Joel has a subject.

Best, Gothick