Author Topic: Who are the lucky ones....who's going to the Fest and/or Newport?  (Read 8106 times)

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
Re:Who are the lucky ones....who's going to the Fest and/or Newport?
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2003, 12:20:28 AM »
I wish I could hook up with the group going to Newport on the 25th, but once again work is interfering with my life!  Sunday could have worked, our Cape plans fell through.  Labor Day might be tough too, the daughter is going back to school that day.  The hub, is taking her don't know if I will be able to escape.  Oh well, have a blast!

Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline Bobubas

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • The Gates of Hell.
    • View Profile
    • Bob's Dark Shadow Event Photos
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2003, 02:22:01 AM »
I wish I could hook up with the group going to Newport on the 25th, but once again work is interfering with my life!  Sunday could have worked, our Cape plans fell through

Birdie, we will be dining at the Black Pearl Sunday night, you're more than welcome to join us if that fits in to your plans.
Broc....We'll be at the mansion on and off all day Monday.

Jen......Go Sox  ;)
                                       Bob
Your Focus Determines Your Reality!
Everything in Life is only for now!

ClaudeNorth

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2003, 05:37:09 AM »
At this point, it seems that I will be attending.  Not sure why I'm feeling so hesitant this year.

In any event, I'm sure I'll have a good time, and I'm looking forward to meeting some of my fellow posters.

Regards,

John

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2003, 02:01:08 AM »
Sorry Bob, I wasn't able to get on the computer till now and miss the chance to meet you. Thinking the chances of being able to catch you guys on Monday had been impossible I ended up working my tail off in the yard.  I would have loved to have been able to meet you guys.  Thank you so much for including me.  Have a fabulous time.

Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline LoveAtFirstBITE

• Full Poster
  • A repressed hysteric
    • View Profile
Re:Who are the lucky ones....
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2003, 04:57:11 AM »
I probably won't actually register for the Festival, since I imagine they are doing the same idiocy with pre registration that they did last time.  If I go, I will just sit in the lobby and look for some old friends I only get to see on these occasions.

Gothick--

So, like, are you going to be working the lobby?  My mom wants to know when you've decided whether you're going to be there or not.  'Cause if YOU'RE not going to be there, she sees little point in attending.  She's already pissed that Annie and Carol aren't going, and I'm pissed that Carol's not going.........we're all just pissed.

P.S.--TERRY308, are you going to be there?  I need someone to talk to who appreciates Barnabas, as do I!

Offline victoriawinters

• Senior Poster
  • Total ENFJ Geek!
    • View Profile
    • victoriawinters.net
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2003, 07:14:07 AM »
P.S.--TERRY308, are you going to be there?  I need someone to talk to who appreciates Barnabas, as do I![/size][/font][/color]

I'm in love with Barnabas so you can hang with me if Terry isn't there.  I'll be in the lobby at 4 p.m. ish on Friday. 

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2003, 07:30:51 PM »
... She's already pissed that Annie and Carol aren't going, and I'm pissed that Carol's not going.........we're all just pissed. 

I'm sorry that I am causing you so much grief by not going to fest but I really didn't have any plans to go in the first place. It would've been nice to have someone ride shotgun with me in case I got lost maneuvering the city streets but since none of my friends were interested in driving down with me, I never pursued the idea of attending.

PS--Your pix of Steve Tyler reminds me of that new fashion stylist, Steve Cojocaru.
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2003, 08:27:52 PM »
Hi Love at First Bite,

at this point, I'm feeling more negative than positive about going to the Festival.  I just had another harassing weekend of dealing with stuff connected with my move, and I'm just not sure I have the stamina for a day trip into NYC next Sat.

I am asking folks who live in the area whether we might be able to meet up in NYC later in the Fall, if I can't make it to Brooklyn for the big whoopsie.

Is your Mom back online now?

cheers, G.

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2003, 01:36:18 AM »
Gothick...hope everything starts to smooth out.

I'd cure you...but that may still be wrong (and I don't wanna curse you)
 :-* Patti :-*
What a Woman!

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2003, 03:54:42 AM »
at this point, I'm feeling more negative than positive about going to the Festival.  I just had another harassing weekend of dealing with stuff connected with my move, and I'm just not sure I have the stamina for a day trip into NYC next Sat.

I am asking folks who live in the area whether we might be able to meet up in NYC later in the Fall, if I can't make it to Brooklyn for the big whoopsie.

Steve we should get a group together to meet in NY this fall >:D
 this W/E is going to be hard i was hoping to get there sat but since it is a day trip it is still way up in the air :o{can you get tickets at door for day???
Hoped to meet Bob in Newport today but as i'm on call tonight in 10 minutes[eek] and my son has a bad cough could make it :'( :'(
jennifer

GO Sox ;D
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2003, 04:08:34 AM »
Autumn is absolutely THE season to visit New York....the only problem would be picking the places to go and the things to do out of all the possibilities!!

Heck....we could debate where to meet from now till Halloween!!!  [blackbat]
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

ClaudeNorth

« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2003, 06:58:33 AM »

An autumn get-together is a great idea.  I'm in Philly, so a day trip to NYC would be no problem for me.  Plus, I like the idea of meeting others from the forum in a setting that is less "intense" than the Fests.

Regards,

John

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2003, 07:04:42 AM »
I'll be in the NY area the second week of October thru early November. If it happens, I'll be there! :D

dom

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2003, 02:16:46 PM »
Well, this is starting to sound excellent!

maybe we could do the Halloween parade in Greenwich Village!

Sat. before H'ween is likely to be a good one for me.  I'm in  Canada the weekend of Columbus Day, and am helping to run workshops the following weekend.

I'm feeling very excited at the thought of being once again in the company of the legendary Marginalia du Pres!  Not to mention the handsome and mysterious Claude North ... and the Legend That Is Connie!

Jennifer, would be great to have you come too!  maybe we could do the bus from Chinatown together.  Having a companion would make the time on the road pass more pleasantly.

G.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2003, 03:32:13 PM »
(and I don't wanna curse you)

Cursing someone on the forum is a good thing. ;)