Author Topic: Testing Tables  (Read 918 times)

Offline victoriawinters

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Total ENFJ Geek!
    • View Profile
    • victoriawinters.net
Testing Tables
« on: July 31, 2003, 02:18:49 AM »
Here is a test of the table code on this board.  It doesn't use HTML codes per se but let's see what can be done.  ok?

Message goes here.  But how does the color be black background with matching text color border go?

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re:Testing Tables
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2003, 12:25:27 AM »
The YaBBC codes that the forum uses are much simpler than their HTML counterparts. Table code in YaBBC doesn't take attributes. Things like table/cell width and alignment have to be done on the sly with other YaBBC codes or blank images. And things like boder size/color aren't available at all.

The truth is, I've thought about adding attributes to the three table tags so that they would be more like HTML, but I don't believe that anyone other than myself and Midnite has ever even used a table in a post, and for what we've used them for, attributes weren't really needed.

Offline victoriawinters

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Total ENFJ Geek!
    • View Profile
    • victoriawinters.net
Re:Testing Tables
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2003, 06:58:26 AM »
i actually use them all the time on my board, the dark shadows files.  i just copy and paste my format and use different backgrounds depending on my mood.  but even hex code #000000 would do just nicely.

i'm quite the fashion html queen with my color coordinated siggy, font and table border.