Author Topic: #1044/1045: Robservations 07/31/03: Will's Sad Sacrifice  (Read 1276 times)

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
#1044/1045: Robservations 07/31/03: Will's Sad Sacrifice
« on: July 30, 2003, 10:22:36 AM »
1044 - Barnabas listens carefully to Hoffman's eerie voice.  A terrified Will points out what appears to be a person, but turns out to be a piece of purple clothing. Hoffman is in this room! insists Will.  She isn't, says Barnabas--her spirit is, protecting Angelique as always. Go from here! says Hoffman. Let me help you, says Barnabas, I know you cannot rest, and I know why--because your mistress is not at rest, either--she walks the halls of Collinwood, but should be in her grave. Will bites his lip, listening nervously. Go! calls the ghost.  Hoffman, you are keeping your mistress alive, says Barn, keeping her from joining you--is that what you want?--would your spirit not like to rest?  Hoffman's ghost begins to sob.  Barnabas continues--both you and Angelique could enjoy the peace--you shared so much, if you let us go into that room and do what we came to do--did you hear me, Hoffman, did you? Do you understand me? She continues to sob.  Will clutches at himself, terrified. Let us enter, bids Barnabas, as the ghost of Hoffman continues to cry.  It suddenly stops.  Do you still feel a presence in this room, Will? asks Barnabas  No, says Will--how did you do it? They go to the curtained-off room. The spirit does not wish to leave the grave, answers Barnabas--it wishes to rest, it wants whatever it caused it unrest to  vanish--Hoffman knows now that this is possible. They enter the room containing Roxanne's draped body.

Angelique sits unhappily by the fire.  Amy, seemingly terrified, runs downstairs, stops short when she see her, and backs away. What's wrong? asks Angelique.  The little girl asks, where's Maggie?  In town, answers Angelique.  I want to see Quentin, says Amy. He's away, says Ang. I saw someone outside in the back, says Amy, I was looking out my window--he crossed the lawn!--he saw the open window--he looked like Quentin!  You did? asks Angelique.  I think he crawled in a window, says Amy, but I'm not sure--why would Quentin do something like that? You didn't see Quentin, Ang tells her, smiling, you saw a shadow, that's all, lightning flashed and you saw a shadow--why would anyone want to climb in a window? I don't know, says Amy suspiciously, but then I heard someone at my door. That was I, says Ang. No it wasn't, says Amy, I know it was a man. You remind me of me when I was a little girl, says Ang, I had a very vivid imagination, too. It wasn't that, says Amy, it wasn't--it sounded like Quentin, or Barnabas.
Neither of them is here right now, says Angelique, I'm sure of that.

I feel a strange kind of humility, Will, daring to try without Julia's help, says Barnabas--to bring this creature back to life. He lifts the sheet.

Angelique is touching her face, looking strange. If you say no one was there, I have to believe it, says Amy. Angelique looks as if she's going to faint.  Amy, scared, asks what's happened to you?  Angelique sits down in a chair and smiles--nothing, she says--I just felt faint a moment, that's all--tell me again what you said.

Will asks Barnabas, are you sure the woman is alive?--she hasn't moved since we entered this room. Stokes put her in this state, says Barn--check the books at the foot of the table and see if he has any records on her. Angry, Will looks quickly through the notebooks and agitatedly says, we've been here too long.

Collinwood - Angelique rises, holding herself--Amy, she says, I'm glad you realized no one was there--you can go back to bed now, right, now that you're no longer frightened?  I'm not, agrees Amy.  Good, says Ang, but when she goes to kiss her, has another dizzy spell. Hurrying to the door, she orders the little girl back to bed and grabs for her coat. There's something I must do, she tells the terrified Amy and disappears into the storm. Amy closes the door and looks around the foyer, telling herself aloud, I'm not afraid. She doesn't look as if she believes it, however, as she ascends the stairs and walks across the landing. Hearing a door slam, she stops a moment, but opens the door to the hallway, walks to a door and unlocks it. We see a piece of statuary covered in cobwebs.

Stokes cottage - We see the stuffed parrot. Angelique enters, screaming for her father. She opens the door and finds the girl's body gone. Oh no! she cries.

Barnabas finishes draping the girl's body, which has been transferred to the secret room at Loomis House. You should have listened to me, chastises Julia, you have no idea what you started. Will points to the body and says he has, and he's explained it to me. Julia tells Will you don't know--I want to talk to Barnabas alone. Will nods and leaves.  I know you're against this, says Barnabas, but it's done now.  No, counters a tight-lipped Julia, it's just beginning.

Outside the secret room, Will hears someone knocking at the door. He goes to answer it.

Barnabas hears the knocking too. "Who do you think that is, Barnabas--who?" demands Julia. I don't know, says Barn.

Will opens the door to Angelique, who has a shawl over her head.  She asks to see Barnabas and enters the house, shivering.  Will gazes at her in consternation.

Isn't Barnabas here? asks Angelique. Will stops gaping and closes the door, then smiles and says, you don't know Barnabas--you never know when he's going to be in--I think he has a girl somewhere. That's a girl I'd like to meet, remarks Ang. So would I, says Will cheerily, he's a very secretive man, Barnabas. I've noticed, she says wryly. In the secret room, Julia has her ear pressed to the door.  Barrnabas is right behind her, listening carefully. Well, says Ang, it doesn't matter if I stay here a while and wait for him, does it?  I'm going to start work, says Will--and Carolyn's not here. Barn and Jul exchange worried glances. Half an hour won't matter, insists Angelique--you should go ahead and work and I'll wait for Barnabas.  Desperately, Will says--he just won't be back!  She sits in a chair just a foot or so from the bookshelf and says, if I didn't know any better, I'd think you were trying to get rid of me. I tell you, says Will, he won't be back, he just won't!  Are you sure? she asks--that's funny, I thought he stayed here mot of the time--I mean, we never see him at Collinwood, during the day, and then in the evening, he's usually in and out. You never know what to expect from him, says Will, trying not to look nervous. Why are you so nervous? she asks.  I'm not, he says.  Yes you are, she insists--isn't this the evening you're supposed to spend with my father at the Eagle? Yes, responds Will. You decided not to go tonight, she says. And do you know why? he asks, it's embarrassing for me to admit, but tonight's a very important night for me--you see, every once in a while, I try to turn over a new leaf, I just try. Barnabas and Julia, heads cocked to the door, keep listening. Will blathers on--tonight's the night for me to start--I'm going to begin writing again, I've got the greatest idea for a new book! Well, she says, if you talk about it, it will be more difficult to write, won't it? She rises from the chair, moves even closer to the bookcase and begins looking through the books. Will, freaked out, darts forward and says, you're absolutely right.  Angelique, who has taken a book from the shelf, looks at him oddly.  Everyone left me alone tonight because they know how difficult it is for me to start, says Will. Oh, she says, well, then it would be graceless for me to stay, wouldn't it? She puts the book back on the shelf. He chuckles--I think so, he says. Since you're going to be working, you'll probably be up when Barnabas comes back--don't tell him I was here--I want to surprise him--soon. Will follows her to the door, arms crossed over his chest.  When she wishes him luck, he calls out, I'm really going to need it!
Back in the secret room, Julia tells Barnabas, "I will."  Barnabas wearily says, I know you want to say "I told you so" and you'll be right. No, says Julia, I don't want to say that at all. Will knocks on the shelf--she's gone, he says--don't come out yet, she just might come back. We might as well get to work, says Julia, gazing at the body. Barnabas turns and reminds her of what she originally said about not being willing to help him. I changed my mind, she says.  You know it has to be done here, says Barnabas, because of the danger now. She nods. He takes her hand in his.  "Thank you, Julia," he says fervently.

Amy wanders the dusty room, musing, I should go back to bed--I won't find anything--and tomorrow, I can tell Daniel--he won't believe I did this, he thinks I'm always scared!  Hearing a door open and close, then footsteps, she hides in a corner. Someone enters the room. She peers out and, breathing heavily, stands there.

You're not here anymore when I want you! rants Angelique at Julia--something like this happens, you're no where to be found!  Julia listens stoically, and reminds her, "I do have other duties." Blares Angelique--the one night you should have followed Barnabas everywhere he went...! The body's moved before, Julia reminds her. And I always felt it when it did, says Angelique, pacing to the window--go to the Eagle and find Father--take him back to the cabin with you, explain to him what happened, maybe he knows what happened, I'll meet you there later. What will you do? asks Julia. I'm going to think very hard about how Barnabas Collins could have found out about that girl, says Angelique, livid at the thought of it. You don't know that he did, says Julia. Yes I do, says Ang, I'm not nearly as naive as you are--you're far more trusting than you ever were before, she adds, gazing speculatively at Julia, who leaves the room.

Amy wanders corridors, wondering which way. She opens a door and looks inside,
where she finds on a table the bust of Bruno with the ascot tied around its throat.

You're neglecting one vital point--that Alexis is Angelique, points out Barnabas to Will--all we have to do is show Quentin that body in that room. But even if we did find him, begins Will. You will find him, insists Barnabas, tonight! That's impossible, says Will.  He needs help, insists Barnabas, you know the house, the grounds, go start your search! Will goes.

Stokes' cottage -  Your father said nothing, Julia explains to Angelique--he really was quite incoherent. Drunk, of course, says Ang--Hoffman, what am I going to do?--I must have that girl--I can't do anything without her, I have to worry every single minute!--it can just end like that!--I must stay calm--what are Barnabas Collins' choices?  You must consider the possibility someone else may have taken her, says Julia. No I won't, says Angelique, HE is my enemy, why hasn't he killed her?--I would think he would have done it by now--surely he must know that would end me?--I don't understand him, but I will--I WILL!
Concerned, Julia considers this threat.

Collinwood drawing room - Amy hands the ascot-wrapped voodoo doll to Will.  Where did you get it? he asks. In a room in the West Wing, she reveals. Which room? he asks. The tower, she answers--what is it, Uncle Will, why are you staring at it like that?  Gazing at the doll, Will says,  because it's very unusual--I'm putting you to bed. No, protests Amy, there's someone in the house, nobody else will believe me--please, there is someone upstairs. I believe you, says Will.  She's stunned.  Honest, he says, and I will do something about it. He leads her away. We get a glimpse of the storm through the window.

Loomis House, Barnabas chastises Julia--you shouldn't have come here again. She went up to her room, explains Julia. She might have been pretending and followed you, he says. No, insists Julia, I had to warn you--she is absolutely certain that you have the girl--she will stop at nothing until she destroys you, Barnabas. I must be careful, he says--we must both be careful. Julia nods.

Will, heading to the West Wing tower, warns himself, be careful--Maggie says he's mad--Quentin will know I'm on his side, he'll realize I want to help him...unless...unless somehow Angelique has changed him? He stands at the door and determinedly goes in. The room appears empty at first, but he searches and finds, on a table next to the bed, a tie--Quentin's? he wonders, triumphant. Footsteps approach; the doorknob is turned. Will's eyes seem ready to bug out of their sockets. Who is it?

NOTES: Who does Will see? Someone who apparently shocks him. Is it Quentin? Has he been hiding out in his own mansion?

Julia is really being very indiscreet, but having Barnabas hold her hand (if, indeed, that's what happened, my tape of this ep was absolutely terrible, loaded with blue screens that interrupted nearly every scene, so I might have missed some dialogue or even action along the way). It appeared that when she reversed her decision and agreed to help him (and I sensed she did that because she was impressed that he had the cojones to bring the girl to Loomis House in the first place). Besides, she loves the guy, and will ultimately do anything for him. She's killed on his behalf, so what's bringing to life a comatose woman while killing an evil one? I hope I was right and he did grasp her hand; it's not a kiss, but it's some contact! Julia is so right, though, Angelique refuses to entertain the possibility that someone else might have stolen the girl's body, and is homing in on Barnabas. Julia will stand by her man, hair-brained scheme or not! I think both Barnabas and Julia will learn, to their detriment, that Angelique is far more formidable and intelligent, not to mention desperate, than they realize.

Hoffman was silenced by the thought that Angelique might join her in death. Somehow, I didn't think she would go for that, knowing what Angelique wants--Quentin and to stay alive! I don't think that's in keeping with Hoffman's character as we knew her in life. Eerie scene, though, wasn't it?

Will in this time seems as cowardly and fearful of spirits as Willie Loomis in RT. He's still a touch of comic relief, and so cute, isn't he?

Angelique was furious at Julia, and that's scary, because she can see the difference now between HER Hoffman and this replacement. Julia had better watch out, because an ired-up Angelique could prove hazardous to her health.

1045 - Angelique joins an astonished, frightened, Will in the tower room. You seem surprised to see me, Will, she says. He is. Who else were you expecting? she asks. No one else, he answers evasively. Why are you here? she asks.  He turns the question around--why are YOU here? I live in this house and you don't, she points out. He smiles and nods--you've got a good point there--I guess I'd better be going. She leans back against the door, barring his exit--what's your hurry? She asks. I want to go back to my own place, he insists.  You shouldn't be surprised to see me here, she says, you should have known we'd have this private little meeting sooner or later. I don't know what you're talking about, he says. Come on, says Ang, it's pointless to pretend any longer--you know the truth about me, and I know you know it. Look, Alexis, says Will. That's not my name, she says, you know what it is--let me hear you say it. You have made some kind of mistake, he insists. No, the only person who has made a mistake is Barnabas Collins, she says, because he doesn't know, you see, how much you and I mean to one another. He gulps. "How irresistibly we were always drawn to one another," she continues relentlessly, but you remember, don't you, Will?  He nods, eyes closed as if in pain, then turns away--I can't listen to this, says Will. What's the matter--you aren't afraid of me, are you? she asks--I'm Angelique, YOUR Angelique. She reaches to touch his face, turns it around so he's looking at her. She caresses his cheek. Angelique is dead, he states firmly. How can you say that after you felt me touch you? she asks, smiling--you always loved to be caressed, didn't you, Will?--don't you remember all the nights we spent together? (whoa, if we ever had any doubt these two had an affair, I think we can quell it now)--sitting by the fire, then you'd read to me from one of your books, and I'd tell you how proud I was of you--I was your inspiration, that's what you told me--you remember, don't you?--everything?--everything--she leans in to kiss him.

Loomis House - Barnabas and Julia exit the secret room. It will be dawn soon, he says--you won't be able to accomplish anything with the body--we can start tomorrow evening. What time do you want me to come back? she asks. Whenever it's convenient for you to get away from Collinwood, he says. That's been more and more difficult, she frets-- Angelique keeps asking me lots of questions, but I'll try to think of something to get back here.  Do you have all the materials you need? he asks. Yes, she says, it's all set up downstairs.  I'll be waiting for you when...says Barn, and stops--Will Loomis is in some kind of trouble, I can feel the vibrations of his fear (and how strong that must be!)--I sent him to Collinwood to look for Quentin, who would have no reason to hurt him--he must have been caught by Angelique, I must go help him! No, warns Julia, it's too close to dawn, I'll go. No, says Barn, he's with Alexis, there's nothing you can do to prevent betraying your own secret. I'll find some way, somehow, she promises, but you must promise me you'll stay here. All right, he says, but remember, be careful. She nods and leaves. Barnabas gnaws on his forefinger as the clock strikes, and heads downstairs to the basement to take his daily nap.

Angelique, still caressing his neck, reminds Will, you never could resist me, why are you trying to now? Suppose someone came in? he asks. No one's going to catch us, she assures him--we're all alone, just the two of us, just the way we always wanted it. She moves her hand over his mouth, then moves to replace her fingers with her lips. He pulls violently away, running his hand through his hair. You're disappointing me, she complains as he wipes his mouth--I expected you to be far more responsive than this! He smiles--I know what you mean, he says. Something--or someone--has changed you, she says, her eyes flashing with anger.  What do you want from me? he asks. The truth, she commands. About what? he asks. Everything, she says--but we're going to start at the beginning and take it step by step--first of all, just look at me, she insists, her hand on his shoulder--turn around and look at me! He struggles, his face twitching. He finally turns to face her. You know the truth about me, don't you? she asks. Will nods--yes, I know, he says, his mouth trembling as he calls her Angelique. How did you find out? she asks. What difference does it make? He asks. Did Barnabas tell you? she asks, twice. Will struggles, points a finger at her, and says, "Listen to me...I swear to you...I swear to you, I promise you, Angelique, no one will ever know your secret--I don't know how you did it, I don't care, but I promise you, no one will ever know."  He backs away as he speaks, attempting to ward her off, but she follows his movements--I wanted more from you than just a promise and you know it, she says. She covers her nose and mouth with her hands. Please just let me go, begs Will, leave me alone. No, because we're only beginning to get at the truth! she cries. His face shakes and he screams out incoherently, banging crazily on the window sill, "I CAN'T TELL YOU ANYMORE!" Yes you can, she insists, because you know something I've wanted to know ever since I came in here--and I'm not going to let you out of here until you tell me--I want you to tell me the truth--the secret of Barnabas Collins!  Will turns to face her, stunned.

The stained glass window glows with lightning behind him as Will insists to Angelique, Barnabas has no secrets. I know better, she says, closing in on him again, I know that he's under some kind of curse, and you will tell me what it is and why it gives him certain powers! Once again, he moves away from her--I can't, he says. Yes you can, she counters--all you have to do is look at me the way you used to!--just turn around and look at me, Will, into my eyes, deep into my eyes! His face shakes frantically; he lunges away from her again, sobbing out, "NO!"  Turn around and face me, Will! she screams. I'm not going to look at you, he cries. Yes you are, because I'm commanding you to, she retorts. I won't do it, he says, stop it! You don't have any choice, she says, you know I have powers, too, you know what I can do to you if you don't tell me what I want to know. Will loses it. He faces her and shouts, "I'LL NEVER DO IT--DO YOU HEAR ME? DO YOU HEAR ME?" He grabs one of her hands, holds up a finger and says, you never cared for me, never, and you're evil, and I hate the sight of you!  He covers his face and moves away, sobbing. What kind of power does he have over you that you can resist me this way? she demands. Will sinks onto the bed. He has no power over me, says Will, wild-eyed. He's got to, she says, you would never have spoken to me that way before--you know what you are--a fool!--nothing but Barnabas Collins' slave!  Will appears to consider her accusation.  She drops both hands to his shoulder, leans in close to his face, then says, think what life could be like with me, think what the future could be like--with me you'd start writing again (he shakes his head) be famous, live the kind of life you've always wanted to live, be rich and famous--you could live, Will! Stay away from me, he says, pulling back from her. You know I'm telling you the truth, she pursues, you know how much I could help you!  Will climbs up on the windowsill and opens the stained glass window. He gazes down at her and warns, if you come any closer, I'll jump
--you see, I won't betray Barnabas because I can't--don't come any closer, Angelique, please, don't. What kind of hold does he have over you that you'd be willing to give your life for him? she asks, incredulous. The wind ruffles Will's hair. Julia enters the room.  Will tumbles out, not a deliberate leap, but simply a tragic accident.  Angelique stares out the window at Will's fallen body; Julia stands next to her. They see him down on the patio, lying on his back, dead still. YOU MADE HIM DO IT! shrieks Angelique at Julia--"YOU'VE RUINED EVERYTHING!" Julia backs away from the furious woman--"I'm sorry, I had no idea!"  Maybe he's still alive and can still tell me, suggests Angelique, hurrying from the room, Julia trailing behind her.  Abruptly, Angelique turns on Julia, demanding, what were you doing up in this room, what did you come here for--what were you looking for--"ANSWER ME, HOFFMAN!"  Julia, startled, says, I had a feeling you might be in danger. I was in no danger whatsoever, says Ang angrily. I suppose I must have been overanxious, admits Julia. How did you knew I was in the tower room? asks Angelique. I came looking for you, says Julia, and came to the West Wing and heard voices--I followed them and recognized your voice--then I came here. What was Will doing here? asks Julia. Probably looking for Quentin, says Angelique, rushing out. Julia glances behind her and says, "Quentin was in that room."

Out on the terrace, Angelique and Julia kneel beside Will.  I can't get a pulse, frets Angelique. Julia, forgetting who she's supposed to be, says, his spinal cord was severed on impact, he died instantly. Angelique pounces--I'm intrigued by your diagnosis
--have you a medical degree? Julia gazes at her evenly. How do you know how he died? demands Angelique. Many years ago, relates Julia, I saw the body of a man who had jumped from a room, his neck was distorted the same way Will's is--when the doctor arrived, I remembered what he said. You have a very good memory, Hoffman, says Angelique. Yes, I know, replies Julia, smiling a bit. I guess we'd better go inside, says Ang, and give someone the tragic news of Will's death. Julia nods. Both women take one last look at the dead Will, and move on.

Loomis House - dusk - Barnabas rises from his coffin and closes the lid. He goes upstairs and exits the basement, saying I'd better look in the secret room and make sure the body hasn't been disturbed--then I can send for Julia. He is just about to open the bookcase when he hears Angelique's voice behind him--I've been waiting for you, she says.  In an incredibly natural, fluid gesture, Barnabas pulls out a book instead. May I ask why you're here? he asks. Hands on hips, she asks, why?--does my presence disturb you?  Why should it? he asks. I'm asking you, she counters. How long have you been here? he asks. A few minutes, she says, settling on the sofa--I haven't been snooping around, if that's what you mean--I've learned that you keep your secrets well-hidden and any physical search for them is a waste of time. Barnabas looks at her and asks, why are you obsessed with the idea that I'm a man of a thousand secrets?  Because you are, she says. Surely that isn't what you came here to tell me, he says. I came to pay my respects, says Ang--to the widow. This gives Barnabas pause--the widow? Yes, we've been looking for Carolyn all day, says Ang, no one seems to know where she went.  Barnabas darts at Angelique, eyes blazing. He grabs her by the arms and yanks her from her seat. "What have you done to Will Loomis?" he demands. I had absolutely nothing to do with his death, she insists. You expect me to believe that? he asks. I don't care what you believe, she says, but consider yourself fortunate, because under the circumstances, I can't tell the family who IS responsible! They glare at each other. And who is? he says. You, she tells him. You're insane! he shoots back. "I was with him when he died," she says," he jumped from the tower at Collinwood--he chose to do that, rather than to reveal your secret!"  I can't believe Will jumped from the tower, says Barnabas.
Yes, she says, so the power you held over him is the reason he died. Barnabas walks away from her and says, "I think you'd better leave here." Oh, I intend to, she says, but I just want to tell you one thing--I very nearly found out your secret from Will before he died, and his death has made me all the more determined to find out who--or what--you are! GET OUT! he says, his voice steely. "I'll see you at the funeral, Mr. Collins," she says, and stalks out.

Later, secret room - Roxanne lies on her bed, a strap encircling her forehead. Julia prepares an injection. Did Will really did jump from the tower? asks Barnabas. Yes replies Julia, I got there too late to save him, or stop him. She was right, says Barnabas sadly--in a way I was responsible for him being killed. No you weren't, insists Julia, I'm sure Angelique wouldn't have let him live--he knew too much. We must make her helpless, says Barn, it's the only way we'll be able to move freely. I'm hoping that the combination of the mild shock treatments and injection will bring her to some vitality, says Julia, and while we won't have further trouble with Angelique, there's still Stokes. She injects Roxanne with the hypo. That will be no problem, says Barn--he's easier to deal with. Julia puts away the hypo, then pulls up levers on an electrical contraption that had to be left over from the Adam storyline (was a monster created in PT, too)? She fiddles with some levers; we see a gyroscope. How soon will we know? asks Barn. Soon, says Julia, I told Angelique I'd only be gone for an hour--I aroused her suspicions enough today, I must not do it again. The power shoots through Roxanne as Barnabas watches anxiously. Nothing appears to have happened.  It isn't working, he says, disappointed. I know, she says, turning off the juice--we can try again later.  Julia removes the strap from Roxanne's head, adding, there might be some changes in her, so you should stay with her tonight. They bid each other good night.  Julia leaves. Alone with Roxanne, Barnabas asks the young woman, was I wrong to bring you here?--were my motives for bringing you to life again false?--why am I so obsessed with the idea of your opening your eyes, looking at me, speaking to me--is it only for the experiment?--is there some way I can reach you? He caresses her cheek.  She opens her eyes.

Angelique, walking downstairs at Collinwood, feels faint.

Barnabas, delighted to see the redhead has regained consciousness, lifts her head. Stand up, he urges, I'll help you. She does, gazing at him, smiling softly.
Angelique screams and falls to the floor in the foyer, unconscious.

NOTES: Amazing performances from Karlen and Parker in those riveting tower room scenes! The way Karlen conveyed Will's being caught between his loyalty to Barnabas and his lust for Angelique, his desperation to make her go away, was outstanding, and she was very closely behind him in presenting an amazing performance. I remember being stunned at Will's death, yet another so close to the others.  Great job.

Barnabas IS to blame for this, although Angelique much more so. Will couldn't betray Barnabas, and it simply tore him apart not to reveal the truth to a woman with whom he'd apparently had a passionate relationship. Poor Will deserved better--from both of his tormentors.

Wonderful scene between Barnabas and Angelique. Surely she knew this was the first Barnabas would hear about Will's death, and she seemed to delight in upsetting him, lording it over him, and, of course, blaming him. She accuses him, he accuses her, and the truth is, if one of them had been left out of this equation, Will would never have died. I didn't think he jumped, though, looked to me like he got to far out the window and fell. Did seeing Julia standing there--yet another secret he was carrying--induce Will to throw himself out the window?--or was he simply so startled, he fell?  What do you think?

Barnabas knows darn well what his motives are for bringing Roxanne back to life--he's got the hots for the cones gal, and that's his real motivation. She is pretty, IMHO, but what has she done for Barnabas lately? Julia is really jumping into the stew now; she's given Angelique SO many hints that she isn't the Hoffman she has always known, and Ang is too intelligent not to realize it.

RIP, Will, along with Sabrina, Bruno, Cyrus/Yaeger and?

Oh, wait until Carolyn comes home and hears what happened to her husband!

Love, Robin