Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0457  (Read 627 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0457
« on: May 15, 2013, 12:14:14 AM »
Robservations #457

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0457

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 02:45:01 AM »
We get to examine up close a twitching muscle in Mr. Frid's right lower eyelid.   Oh yes, Millicent is a vampire victim, I forgot.   Brief jump-cut edit of shot with Barnabas, just before bite of Millicent.   When Naomi screamed, I wonder if they cut away for it and then came back because Joan didn't want to do the scream herself.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 09:41:53 PM »
Fabulous scene with Ben and Naomi in the Tower Room, followed immediately by a fabulous scene with Ben and Nathan, followed shortly after by a fabulous scene with Nathan cruelly taunting Naomi about Barnabas.

Barnabas wakens to another night in a shot that later found its way into the "I, Barnabas" video. Unable to help himself, he sends his call to Millicent. No mere lock could keep him in the Tower Room, only the promise to his father, and even that has crumbled in the face of his irresistible, unhuman hunger.

Whoever screamed--whether JB or a stunt screamer--did a really scary job, if I remember.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2013, 07:20:08 PM »
Ben reveals to Naomi that the witch was Angelique and Naomi reveals that Nathan sent her. Hopefully that means that Nathan will soon get exposed. Ben goes all Matthew Morgan and threatens Nathan. Nathan makes Naomi suspicious and she follows Millicent to the Gazebo and sees all. 
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 06:16:22 AM »
Naomi opens Barn’s coffin and sees Barnabas. Ben shows up and takes her downstairs and explains as mercifully as he can that Barn is cursed with sleeping sickness. Ben exposes Angelique to her. Ben wants to go after Nathan but Naomi stops him and asks him to take Daniel to the Reverend Bland for safekeeping – and that she will take care of Forbes. Ben reads Nathan’s beads, but good. Ben might have spoken/gloated too soon though. Nathan tries to order Millicent to do his bidding to keep Daniel at Collinwood and Mllicent (In a moment of Clarity? I was totally intrigued by this scene and where Millicent was coming from and why?) dismisses Nathan's demands as not being in the best intersts of her younger brother. Naomi has Daniel whisked away and confronts Nathan. Nathan once again gets to Naomi telling her to go to the tower room after dark and see that Barnabas is not there and that it is he that is telling the truth not Ben. You are correct, DarkLady, all fabulous scenes in one way or another. I especially loved Ben's dialogue to Naomi. Barn summons Millicent to the garden and Naomi secretly follows and watches as Barn goes to bite Millicent. She screams and Barn looks up with an expression very similar to the one on the Famous Monsters magazine cover. A technically cheesy & embarrassing ending to the episode. Fire that director!