Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0452  (Read 632 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0452
« on: May 08, 2013, 05:01:32 PM »
Robservations #452

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0452

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 05:47:43 PM »
Until I'm sparked by others' remarks here, all I have is the one observation:  there was a jury?  Somebody in this ep. said so, forget who.  This was a jury trial?  Where were they all?   Were we standing as viewers inside the jury box all this time?  They were remarkably silent and well behaved at all times.  I didn't even hear any of them breathing, and we must have been standing (in our point-of-view location) right next to them......

Joshua gave it the old college try, but was very silly standing there and asking the case to be reopened because he changed his mind....  I have few illusions about the absolute integrity of the legal system then or now, but they need more than that.

Peter Bradford does about the only thing you could do at that point I suppose, and stages an impromptu gaolbreak.   And it works, somehow.   Gee, I hope they're headed someplace obscure where no one would ever think of looking...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 07:43:51 PM »
A jury? I don't remember that. I thought it was just the three judges, but I haven't seen this ep. in years and have only my notes.

Judge Hanley refuses to reopen the trial and says Vicki must hang. He is not the last Hanley to appear in the show!

Peter and Joshua now must bring the bad news to Vicki, who is devastated. Joshua apologizes and leaves after saying a regretful goodbye to Vicki. We can only imagine his outrage that he can’t have Vicki freed merely by his word as a COLLINS!

The lovers escape, but Vicki has been shot….

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 02:26:03 AM »
If there were a jury, It was in another room with the townspeople who were so supposedly up in arms over Vickie yet don't attend the trial or gather in the foyer to gawk at the witch.
The unbarred window in Vickie's cell is reflecting the stage lighting. Peter decides to overpower the guard in his brilliant escape plan and Vickie gets shot.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 05:33:26 AM »
Wow, Naomi guesses Barnabas is alive. I was pretty impressed, lol. Joshua denies it. Naomi says she heard Barn’s voice at the Old House. Joshua says it was Bathia and tells Naomi the whole the truth, but extracts Barnabas from the explanation.  Interesting dynamic here and I think it plays out as we might expect. Vicki’s execution is tomorrow at dusk. I hope this means we will soon be back in 1968 – although the last week or so has been pretty exciting. I think Vicki is wearing a new dress. Joshua apologizes to Vicki. This scene made me uncomfortable but I really am not sure why. It played out rather odd to me. I was happy that Joshua respected her enough to apologize but it made little sense to me. I just felt weird about it. Judge Hanley listens to Joshua’s plea for a stay of execution but refuses to reverse the court’s decision. I don't feel Joshua gave it his best shot. Joshua & Peter deliver the news to Vicki. Peter says goodbye, then decides to break Vicki out. Vicki gets shot in a struggle and escapes with Peter. How the angry mob let them get away I'll never know. No awards for this episode.