Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0435  (Read 887 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0435
« on: April 13, 2013, 05:29:03 PM »
Robservations #435

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0435

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 10:15:45 PM »
Angelique appears, makes poor Ben look like a madman, frames Vicki, and disappears with one last trademark laugh. Is this the last we'll ever see of her????

Angelique's answers to the judge's questions are absolutely truthful--with one crucial exception.

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 10:58:47 PM »
Nice sunset shot from the grounds of the Old House in the opening scene. More trial. At least in this episode it is not so dull. Unfortunately, because of the opening voice-over, we know to expect an appearance by Angelique. Ben tells Barnabas that things are not going Vicki's way and that Forbes, and Abigail's death are the causes of her reversal of fortune. He implores Ben to testify in Vicki's behalf and expose Ange as the witch, etc. A big (fools) sigh of relief on my part. Ben makes total sense (as usual) telling Barn that his testifying would probably not do any good, providing a multitude of sound reasons. But Barn pretty much does not take no for an answer. Wow, a pretty intense scene and pretty much flawless deliveries by Frid & David. Interesting show of frustration by Barnabas/Frid at scene's end. A very nice touch.

For all the dramatics of yesterday's episode, we do not get to see Naomi testify in Vicki's defense - too bad, but, oh well. Ben testifies and things seem to be going well and then of course a wrench gets thrown into the works, Angelique's ghost materializes and convincingly provides Trask with the testimony he so desperately needs while at the same time discrediting Ben - who runs from the court in fear - and I don't blame him - though I don't think we shouldn't have expected Ben to be smart enough to challenge her at that point - I really think he could have exposed her had he stayed - but that's not what the plot called for. Parker gives a fantastic performance and looks fabulous doing it. As a viewer I was devastated for Vicki's sake.

Everyone sans Davis gave superb performances and this was a very engrossing episode. Davis provided more nice ass shots. 

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 04:43:35 AM »
Bradford called Ben "Mr. Stokes" on the stand, the first time anyone has, I wonder?   I like how the judge shooed away Bradford with a wave of his hand.   Ang is said to have died at the "mausoleum at Collinwood"-- so that's where it is now?   

I love Ben's overwhelmed reaction to approaching Angelique... covering his face, crouching, and fleeing.  It seemed somehow "of the time", not 1795, but witch-hunting days.   Good Ang fade-out (and back in) as the courtroom clears.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 04:24:06 PM »
"Mr. Stokes"--a nice touch, that. You're probably right that it's the first time.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 03:20:03 AM »
The surprise was spoiled right off the bat. It was nice when all the voiceovers were by Alexandra so as to not reveal who may be appearing. Good Lord! the way Peter objects. My hate grows daily.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 07:06:55 AM »
Good Lord! the way Peter objects. My hate grows daily.

You, me, and the judges, lol.