Author Topic: Beck Was On DS?  (Read 1977 times)

ClaudeNorth

Beck Was On DS?
« on: July 14, 2003, 05:33:13 PM »
I haven't been watching the show lately, so I'm curious about the identity of the guy in the montage who looks a bit like Beck.

Regards,

John

Offline CrazyJenny

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re:Beck Was On DS?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2003, 08:26:14 PM »
LOL!  I think thats John Karlen but I could be wrong.

--edited because I type faster than I think sometimes.
"PEOPLE CAN FORGET WHAT YOU SAY AND WHAT YOU DO BUT THEY WILL NEVER FORGET HOW YOU MADE THEM FEEL."

Offline scout75

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • "Sociopathic spinster!" "Histrionic fop!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2003, 12:17:51 AM »
"I'm a Willie, baby, so why don't you beat me..."

[82e4] [9126]

[crowdhappy]
BARNABAS: Here at Collinwood, old hates don't die. They lie in wait for the innocent and unsuspecting...

QUENTIN: We're guaranteed to make you believe (spells) exist. Our entire family can be explained in no other way...

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2003, 05:45:09 PM »
Hi John, this was an actor who played the guy from whom John Yeagar rented some property.  I can't figure out whether the episode has been screened yet on Sci Fi so I won't say more right now.  If no one else bothers to post the actor's name, I'll make a point to look it up when I get home tonight and post it here tomorrow.

I thought he was cute, and, judging from the tight trousers he was wearing, well endowed. Unfortunately he didn't have much to do on this one episode.

Gothick who's wondering when the detritus from Witch Switch week is going to get cleaned up here

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2003, 05:52:48 PM »
I'm wondering who the hell we're talking about!

Crazy Jenny thought John was referring to John Karlen.

My daughter thinks he was referring to David Hennesy.

Steve is talking about the "stranger" in the montage (which makes the most sense to me....)

So the REAL question is....what does Beck look like?  ???
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Cassandra Blair

• Full Poster
  • Hey sailor, how 'bout I light your Lucky?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2003, 06:04:25 PM »
So the REAL question is....what does Beck look like?  ???

Raineypark,

To see the real Beck, go here:

http://www.geocities.com/Skys2000/pictures.html

BTW, does anyone know how I can have a look at yesterday's montage?  I'm dying to see the Beck-a-like.
My lady abandoned heaven, abandoned earth...to Ray's Wig World she descended.

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2003, 06:11:32 PM »
Thanks for the assist, Cassandra Blair.

I imagine the only way to get another look at the Montage from yesterday is to ask MB.... :D
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2003, 06:11:33 PM »
I assumed you meant JK too but just peeked at the weekend montage and except for the dark hair, Ray Carlson's (Aldon Wicks) resemblance to Beck is very striking.

I can post the image from the montage if anyone wishes to see it again, or you can see another capture of him at Graeme's site under the Extras section: http://www.burkedevlin.freewebsites.com/10pt1970/index.htm

Gothick who's wondering when the detritus from Witch Switch week is going to get cleaned up here

Except for a couple of announcements/explanations that are still up, it already was. ???

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2003, 06:12:13 PM »
My daughter is in love with Beck.  She'll be more than happy to tell who he looks like.

To me, he looks like just a kid.   But according to my daughter, he is so much more than that.
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2003, 06:14:19 PM »
BTW, does anyone know how I can have a look at yesterday's montage?  I'm dying to see the Beck-a-like.

Oops, hadn't seen your post yet, CB!

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2003, 08:05:01 PM »
Hi Midnite, well, my jab at the lingering "detritus" from Switch-a-rama was really meant to be tongue in cheek.  But when I made this post, my ID was still showing up as Franimal, with a note about how s/he stole Gothick's identity.  As soon as I posted, it s/Witched back to showing me as Gothick.  Then as I was navigating the boards, I noticed that some folks showed up with the two handle formula (X whose ID was swiped by Y--excuse my vagueness, I lack the photographic level of recall displayed by some here) and others were showing up in the usual way.

I also note that the topics order is still inverted (with Current Talk at the bottom rather than the top of the main page), although the listing of posts appears to be back to the standard display format of having the original post at the top and the most recent responses at the bottom (which, really, saves a hell of a lot of mousing).

Also, the curse thing is still reversed, but I do believe that the IB stated that that was how it was going to remain.  Since I still don't "get" how that is supposed to work, I'm not going to be Curing anyone anymore.

Thanks for the cute shot of Ray Carlson.  What a sweetie.

Gothick

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2003, 08:43:58 PM »
Hi Midnite, well, my jab at the lingering "detritus" from Switch-a-rama was really meant to be tongue in cheek.  But when I made this post, my ID was still showing up as Franimal, with a note about how s/he stole Gothick's identity.  As soon as I posted, it s/Witched back to showing me as Gothick.  Then as I was navigating the boards, I noticed that some folks showed up with the two handle formula (X whose ID was swiped by Y--excuse my vagueness, I lack the photographic level of recall displayed by some here) and others were showing up in the usual way.

Hi Gothick.  I understand what you mean.  The posts made during WWsW while under the guise of another member are still showing up that way, and this includes the posts you made in the "Grandma Moses", "Iron," IMPORTANT ANNOUCEMENT", etc. topics.  This way, it makes more sense when you read the poster's comments about her/his new identity at the time s/he wrote those messages.  So the indication "XXX stole the identity of XXX" that's showing up in posts added during that period of WWsW is permanent.  (The poster's name is listed 2nd, btw.)  But any posts made before or after it was happening will only show the poster's name, so your identity during your visits today never included any other member's name.

I also note that the topics order is still inverted (with Current Talk at the bottom rather than the top of the main page), although the listing of posts appears to be back to the standard display format of having the original post at the top and the most recent responses at the bottom (which, really, saves a hell of a lot of mousing).

The inverted board order is staying, at least for a while.  Some members stated that they weren't aware of any other boards or couldn't find them, so now they're harder to miss. ;)

Also, the curse thing is still reversed, but I do believe that the IB stated that that was how it was going to remain.  Since I still don't "get" how that is supposed to work, I'm not going to be Curing anyone anymore.

Whether or not you use it is completely up to you.  Right now members are cursing when they like a post and curing when they don't.  There've been numerous complaints that the feature has been used unfairly, and while every member has a right to use it as they choose we acknowledge that one member did recently admit to cursing liberally and randomly when the old system was in place with their goal being to sabotage it, this despite being told that the feature is ingrained in our forum setup.  In light of that and other shocking behavior witnessed by the admins and mod regarding the feature, we flipped the results in an attempt to lighten the focus of each member on his/her own total and to offer a more constructive way for members to channel their energies toward getting rid of it if they chose to do so.

Thanks for the cute shot of Ray Carlson.  What a sweetie.

You're welcome.  :D

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2003, 09:01:20 PM »
Who's Beck??

(I saw the montage pic...is this someone 'popular' from now-a-days? Jeff Beck? Beck Haircare?)

Patti...who doesn't get out much (why bother anyway...can't afford it)
What a Woman!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2003, 04:31:12 AM »

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2003, 06:34:19 AM »
Who's Beck??

(I saw the montage pic...is this someone 'popular' from now-a-days? Jeff Beck? Beck Haircare?)

Patti...who doesn't get out much (why bother anyway...can't afford it)

i'm with you patti i thought jeff beck too!

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV