Author Topic: Having Troubles with Changing Profiles  (Read 1127 times)

Offline AllMyShadows

• Junior Poster
  • DS Fan All the Way!
    • View Profile
Having Troubles with Changing Profiles
« on: July 11, 2003, 09:48:55 PM »
I wanted to change my avatar today to a great picture of my beloved KLS, and when I went to do so, I changed my password also, from something that was sent to me (I had forgotten it recently) to something more rememorable. When I clicked "Change Profile," it said that The Name field was blank and that it was required. I clicked back, and I'm 100% positive that there is NO field onside the word "Name:" or for the thing above it......help me out Bitch or Bastard.... ;D
DS on Sci-Fi
1992-1997, 1999-2003
Let's just hope TVLand picks it up or something like that lol

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re:Having Troubles with Changing Profiles
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2003, 10:44:04 PM »
A handful of errors stating that no username was filled in have been logged since yesterday.  The Iron Bastard (heh) may be able to reveal more (cuz, basically, he KNOWS more), but I suspect it's related to the way member names, er, identities are currently displaying.  But your profiles have all remained intact-- please don't worry about that.  So if you don't mind waiting, you may want to put off making a big change to your profile such as a new password, username, or email address til the, ahem, identity situation has been resolved.  It's just a suggestion for anyone that may be having this problem, and of course the other IB might come along and say otherwise, though not if he knows what's good for him. >:(

J/K ;)

If you're anxious to show off your new avatar now, you can IM the URL of the image (to the name admin, though I understand how tempting it is to address it to Iron Bitch, hee hee) and I can try to change it for you, hopefully without getting the same error.  The current forum setup requires that avatars be no larger than 82 x 86.

IB [zoom]

Offline victoriawinters

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Total ENFJ Geek!
    • View Profile
    • victoriawinters.net
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2003, 06:51:04 AM »
i managed to get my avatar changed because the re-sizing made the old one not look so good.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2003, 06:59:39 AM »
i managed to get my avatar changed because the re-sizing made the old one not look so good./quote]

That was before all the usernames morphed.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2003, 07:12:55 AM »
That was before all the usernames morphed.

But now that they've stopped, it's once again possible to edit our profiles. ;)