Author Topic: Totally don't get it.  (Read 2461 times)

Offline CrazyJenny

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Totally don't get it.
« on: July 11, 2003, 02:32:29 AM »
Ok, I really don't understand this whole switching of names and curing and cursing and silly stuff.  Can't we just chat?  That's what I'm here for.  Not to wonder who posted what message or who cursed me and for what....thats just my 2 cents.  Not that it matters.
"PEOPLE CAN FORGET WHAT YOU SAY AND WHAT YOU DO BUT THEY WILL NEVER FORGET HOW YOU MADE THEM FEEL."

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re:Totally don't get it.
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2003, 02:46:40 AM »
Yes, it matters!!  Everybody's 2 cents matters!!

I've been wondering for days why no one is talking about the show.....and a couple of people have expressed the opinion that it's because the 'regulars' were off making the movie.  Well, they're coming back now,  so maybe it will be time to chat about the show again.

And speaking of the movies....perhaps at some point we might all watch the movies again so we can talk about THEM for a change!!

In the meantime, hang on....surely this weirdness too shall pass  ;)
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2003, 03:06:25 AM »
Ok, I really don't understand this whole switching of names  ...  Not to wonder who posted what message

A wise man once posed the question: Is it not more important to ponder what is being said than who has said it?

and curing and cursing ... or who cursed me and for what.

"So little do men understand the potency of their urges! ... the urge to satisfy desire is the basic urge of the form life of man"
(Alice Bailey & Djwhal Khul)

IB [diablo]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2003, 03:14:33 AM »
Ok, I really don't understand this whole switching of names and curing and cursing and silly stuff.  Can't we just chat?  That's what I'm here for.  Not to wonder who posted what message or who cursed me and for what....thats just my 2 cents.  Not that it matters.

The mods read everything posted on the forum and we hear it all, and we respect your opinions and will defend your right to share them.  The admins and Global Mod have been having a little fun with Which Witch sWitch Week in honor of the PT storyline and the Angelique/Alexis switch.  We were recently put through some undue stress behind the scenes and we dealt with it but it's been nice to have the opportunity to blow off a little steam and spread a bit of silliness since then with our temporary screen names.

The Current Talk boards are dedicated to discussion about the show.  You're always welcome to start a new topic there or add a comment to any of the others.  We've tried to be diligent about keeping the subjects of the karma feature and WWsW, the off-topic posts, TV alerts, and all personal announcements off of there.  Thanks. :D

IB [zoom]

Offline CrazyJenny

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2003, 03:15:22 AM »
Thanks Iron but don't we have names on this board so that people can know who we are?  Forgive me for being ignorant but I just don't really like this whole set up right now.
"PEOPLE CAN FORGET WHAT YOU SAY AND WHAT YOU DO BUT THEY WILL NEVER FORGET HOW YOU MADE THEM FEEL."

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2003, 03:23:42 AM »
Thanks Iron but don't we have names on this board so that people can know who we are?  Forgive me for being ignorant but I just don't really like this whole set up right now.

It's temporary, Jenny.  All your posts are being attributed to you even if it doesn't seem that way.  If you find this all too disconcerting, though we'd hate to lose you you could check back tomorrow or when Which Witch sWitch Week is finished.

I've been amusing myself with trying to recognize which member is speaking without benefit of their screen name.  But I admit I'm easily entertained. ;)

IB [zoom]

Offline CrazyJenny

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2003, 03:26:01 AM »
Oh ok.  I'm sorry.  I didn't realize how temporary it was.  I feel silly now. :-)

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2003, 03:42:14 AM »
I feel silly now. :-)

You shouldn't feel silly - but you might want to act silly. That's sort of the point of all this. [wink2]

IB [diablo]

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2003, 05:17:01 AM »
I've been amused by most of the changes on the board this past week, but the identity switch really got my goat too.  My thanks to whoever added the clarification, "So-and-so stole the identity of ProfStokes", etc.  This makes it much easier to get around the board and understand who's posting. :)

ProfStokes

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2003, 05:42:30 AM »
My thanks to whoever added the clarification, "So-and-so stole the identity of ProfStokes", etc.

As was just recently announced on the BoardIndex, that was just acheived through the use a powerful, and I might add, dangerous magik. Every effort is being taken to wrest the forum out from under the control of the despicable fiend(s) who has(have) it in its(their) deadly grasp...

IB [diablo]

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2003, 06:39:37 AM »
steal my identity just DON'I STEAL MY DON!Please! ;)

jennifer
also please don't switch me to a Yankee Fan the shock would [crossbones]
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2003, 10:38:29 AM »
......please don't switch me to a Yankee Fan the shock would [crossbones]

Hmmmm....Curse of the Babe, Part II?........[vryevl]
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2003, 03:50:03 PM »
Hmmmm....Curse of the Babe, Part II?........[vryevl]

Rainey here in Beantown we are way past part II[lol2]
too numerous to count but Bucky Bleeping Dent is in there [lol2]

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2003, 04:39:33 PM »
Sorry, Jennifer.....just couldn't resist.  ;D

Rainey....who's Grandparents never learned English, but who followed the Yankees more faithfully than they went to church!!  [a0d0]
Dylan Thomas

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2003, 07:07:42 PM »
I, myself, am rather enjoying this . . . kind of nice to step into someone else's shoes for a change (figuratively anyway).

The fun of an identity crisis without the crisis really  8)
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga