Author Topic: The Loomis boy gets his first love-bite...  (Read 1067 times)

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
The Loomis boy gets his first love-bite...
« on: July 10, 2003, 03:43:19 AM »
...on his NECK, instead of his wrist ....but they still didn't allow it to take place on camera.  What nonsense.

The vampire legend was always as much about sex as it was about the supernatural.  The earliest Vampire movies were blatantly sexual, thanks to the fact that they came before the creation of the Hayes Office (which began creating rules about 'morality' in the movies) and the onset of censoring.  Even the publication of the original novel caused Bram Stoker more trouble because of the 'seduction' of the victims than the fact that the Vampire was a demon.

But never mind all that.....and never mind the fact that we've watched Barnabas feast on maidens, hookers and cousins.....at least we were spared the shocking image of Willie....er, Will Loomis, in the Vampire's Embrace!!   ::)
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
Re:The Loomis boy gets his first love-bite...
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2003, 04:37:57 AM »
and never mind the fact that we've watched Barnabas feast on maidens, hookers and cousins.....at least we were spared the shocking image of Willie....er, Will Loomis, in the Vampire's Embrace!!   ::)

Yeah, even Joe Haskell's uncle's calf got bitten on the neck. Go figure.  :o

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline The Ghost of Sarah Collins

• Senior Poster
  • Do You Know My Brother Barnabas...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2003, 06:47:23 AM »
...on his NECK, instead of his wrist ....but they still didn't allow it to take place on camera.  What nonsense.

But never mind all that.....and never mind the fact that we've watched Barnabas feast on maidens, hookers and cousins.....at least we were spared the shocking image of Willie....er, Will Loomis, in the Vampire's Embrace!!   ::)

I don't beileve Barnabas would embrace Will in quite the same manner as he would those maidens or cousins... no doubt his grip on Will was more angry >:D  then seductively.

Although this is a scene I would have loved to witness...  ^-^

Sarah's [ghost]
The Ghost of Sarah Collins (1784-1795)
Sister to Barnabas...@}{~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"That evil is wicked is well understood,
the wicked are punished so you must be good"
(Sarah to Barnabas)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2003, 04:23:24 PM »
I agree that an onscreen scene of Barnabas nuzzling Will's neck would have been VERY hot ... hmmmmm....  but it's HIGHLY unlikely that anything like that would have been shown on network TV at this time (1970), though just a few years after this those of us with Public TV got to see Ian McKellen performing a very sensuous kiss with another man in a BBC production on Edward II (that I really wish would come out on home VHS).

If you have Kathy Resch's 1967 concordance, you'll have seen the letter from ABC's standards and practices office about some sarcastic dialogue given to Jason Macguire in a scene with Willie during the early Barnabas storyline.  Apparently, s & p were worried that Jason's crack about Willie's light housekeeping duties would be seen as an inference that Willie and Barnabas were in a gay relationship!

And some people think we go overboard when we talk about homophobia as a mental disease!  ::sigh::

Gothick

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2003, 04:42:19 PM »
Dan Curtis was afraid of what the audience would think of Barnabas biting Willie on the neck back in 1967 when he is released from his coffin.  Thats why they had Willie bit on the wrist instead.

Barnabas also bit Nathan Forbes and Sandor on the necks, both off camera.

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2003, 05:00:48 PM »
I agree with Julian, Barnabas and Willie, um, I mean William H. Loomis, a homosexual couple, fixing up The Old House, sound exciting..but I just can't see this happening.   [vampsmiley]

I think Barnabas did it out of angry and a little bit of shame on William H. Loomis.  The angry, you know whats that means...Barnabas was mad at William H. Loomis, and the shame, I think he did that bite (on the neck) to show William H. Loomis,that he will do everything that he (Barnabas) wants or you will do "something" else, and you don't want to do this....right.

But.....it still sounds exciting.
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.