Author Topic: Lara Parker on "The Night Stalker"  (Read 1061 times)

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
Lara Parker on "The Night Stalker"
« on: July 07, 2003, 08:52:04 PM »
I was in the kitchen, making flan, which I had never tried before, and "The Night Stalker" was on.  I heard someone laughing, and I thought, 'there's only one person can laugh like that', I went into the livingroom, and yes, it was 'Angelique'.  Actually, it was Lara Parker. Remember..Darrin McGavin wore a hat, drove a yellow mustang, worked for a newspaper, in the 70's.  Lara Parker was the Head Witch (of course) on this one.   It was nice seeing her away from DS...but now it's time to go back. [witch]
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.

Offline Eleanor_Rigby

• Full Poster
  • So it goes -- Kilgore Trout
    • View Profile
Re:Lara Parker on "The Night Stalker"
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2003, 09:17:17 PM »
How cool!  Yes, I remember watching Night Stalker and enjoying it very much.  I was disappointed that it was pulled ...  I can't remember if it made an entire season or what.  What channel was it on Terry?  It would be fun to watch it again.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2003, 10:55:07 PM »
And the irony being that the series was based on Dan Curtis' smash ratings hit TV movie starring Darrin McGavin.  And as for Mr. McGavin, whenever I see him now I can only think of him as the dad in A Christmas Story.

Gerard

Offline Eleanor_Rigby

• Full Poster
  • So it goes -- Kilgore Trout
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2003, 02:05:19 AM »
I know what you mean, Gerard, I will always see "the old man" fighting the furnace and the $%@% Farkis dogs for the turkey ... He never said any real curses, just a lot of gibberish but you got the message!
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2003, 05:36:31 PM »
It's on Sci-Fi.  But not everyday.  I think it's on Monday for 4 hours.  Don't ask me why...ask Sci-Fi.
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2003, 10:43:30 PM »
I'd love to see the pilot again-- the one Gerard mentioned.   I think it was called Night Strangler.  Or did you mean The Night Stalker movie?  I'm so confused.  The former had a little "Dracula", a little "Jekyll and Hyde", and a little "Dorian Grey" added to its story, plus I enjoyed the cast more, but the latter was the better movie, methinks.  Anyway, does anyone know if SciFi or another cable station airs them?

That LP ep was pretty campy, though it was fun seeing her in it.  But I was a loyal fan to that series, same as I was to X-Files when it was on.  Whotta surprise.  ;)

I think it lasted a couple of seasons, Eleanor_R.

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2003, 02:47:51 PM »
Yep, The Night Stalker.  That was the first movie, the one about the vampire on the loose in Las Vegas, with Darrin McGavin and Carol Lynley on his trail.  I believe it was based on the novel The Progeny of the Adder.  That was followed by The Night Strangler, where-in McGavin's character goes after another supernatural creature rampaging through Seattle.

Gerard

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2003, 03:49:34 PM »
I really love The Night Strangler.  Great character roles for Wally Cox and John Carradine, and a superb cameo by Margaret Hamilton ("Human blood, of course!").  The only thing about that flick is that I find the character of Kolchak so annoying in it, I keep hoping that the Strangler will just put him and us out of misery with one good twist!

btw, does anybody remember seeing this great movie of a similar style and vintage, directed by cult favorite Curtis Harrington Jr., entitled The Cat Creature?  Gale Sondergaard was in it.  And there's this moment where she's reading the tarot cards for the protagonist and turns over the Death card, with great relish, that always reminds me of the story that she was approached at one point about a role on DS.

Gothick