Author Topic: enjoy or NOT..  (Read 1152 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
enjoy or NOT..
« on: July 07, 2003, 01:15:27 PM »
Well MB...not that you asked for input...but the way we now see new posts/replies seems 'bass acwards'.
Don't like it at all....IMHO.

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re:enjoy or NOT..
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2003, 10:24:21 PM »
the way we now see new posts/replies seems 'bass acwards'.

That's why it's perfect for Which Witch sWitch Week! :) And isn't it great that the YaBB SE developers had already built such a feature into the system?! [thumb] It's almost as if they knew Which Witch sWitch Week would be coming even before we did! [b003]

Seriously, though, sorting posts newest to oldest is a feature on many forums. Not all systems have "new" icons or a feature that will automatically take someone to the most recent post made since the last time they've read a topic, so it's much easier for people to locate the newest posts if they're sorted that way. The SE developers most probably included the feature so that people who are more used to/prefer it that way would have the option. [winkg]

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2003, 05:36:45 AM »
Is there anyone who doesn't share Patti's view that sorting the posts most recent to oldest is "bass acwards"? The reason I ask is because I didn't have the forum set that way yesterday just out of foolishness (though pure foolishness would never have stopped me >:D) - there's actually a mod available that would allow people to individually set the sort order of posts in their profiles. If anyone is interested, speak up. ;)

Nancy

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2003, 06:06:49 AM »
I prefer being able to have that feature in my profile that you mentioned, MB.   Generally, I prefer reading newest back to the oldest. I'm just perverse that way.

Nancy

Is there anyone who doesn't share Patti's view that sorting the posts most recent to oldest is "bass acwards"? The reason I ask is because I didn't have the forum set that way yesterday just out of foolishness (though pure foolishness would never have stopped me >:D) - there's actually a mod available that would allow people to individually set the sort order of posts in their profiles. If anyone is interested, speak up. ;)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2003, 01:17:36 PM »
MB...I can't even remember...everything is topsy turvey.

I liked it when if there was a 'new' blue flag, you clicked it, and all of the add'l new replies were after the older ones.

(I'm glad you had the thing about board being backwards...I'm very tired & didn't know if I was hallucinating.)

Patti
What a Woman!