Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0402  (Read 782 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0402
« on: February 28, 2013, 01:25:24 AM »
Robservations #402

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0402

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 09:23:51 PM »
In a recap, Ben exposes Ange as the witch to Barnabas. And I say thank goodness because everything for a while has to be better than as per usual. There is a lot to anticipate. Will Barn get his revenge? Will Ange get Ben? Will Vicki be freed? Will Josette & Barn get together? Will Jerimiah go back to rest in peace? Will Natulia pack her tarot cards and go back to Martinique? Will Joshua forgive Barnabas? Will everything once again be bright, sun-shiny and gay?

Gotta love Ben. I've said that before and I 'll probably repeat it again.

Barn isn't as clever as he needs to be in his current set of circumstances. As intense as the scene was with Ange starting to and then stopping drinking the poison I had to laugh a little.

The portrait of Josette arrives and has me wondering if all portraits looked so unlike their posers and what did George Washington really look like? Anyone think that they should have redone the portrait at this stage of the game to look a lot more KLS? I don't see the harm in it.

Having been foiled once, Barn again attempts to kill Ange as she lay sleeping, this time with a daggar...cut, print it, next reel.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 09:46:29 PM »
Great Ang\Barn conversation, latter's voice tinged with dark irony and controlled anger.   He gets to do real acting here and is definitely invested, as opposed to functional acting that just pushes the plot along, which is all the scripts can inspire out of actors for long stretches. 

I love his answers to her.   A: "I'll make you forget."  B: ""How?"  With witchcraft? -- in other words....

Here comes the Josette portrait we already saw up in Josette's room early in the storyline.   Barnabas seems very pleased with his little letter opener as Plan B... and then makes such a quarter-hearted attempt at murder that it's not even clear that that's what he's doing.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline dom

• Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 10:55:40 PM »
Letter opener, not dagger. Guilty - of watching with one eye on the TV and the other on the keyboard & monitor. That's one evil looking letter opener!

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 12:30:45 AM »
Well, I'm calling it a letter opener because it's small and came from a desk, and for ridicule purposes.   I doubt they meant it to be one...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 01:33:37 AM »
Another great episode. The famous portrait "arrives" in all its ironic glory. Josette's letter was absolutely crushing.

Barnabas's anger and hatred get the better of him. Usually so careful, he doesn't hide his feelings, and Angelique is already suspicious.

That letter opener. Maybe it was intended for someone who hated to open mail.

Ben is one of my favorite characters.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2013, 04:33:18 AM »
I suspect it really is a dagger. And the reason I say that is because it's always appeared to me as if Barnabas pulls it out of a secret compartment.

Offline dom

• Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2013, 07:25:13 AM »
Ben is one of my favorite characters too. All-time favorites in fact. And there should be a statue of Thayer David somewhere in some hallowed hall because he is an awesome actor.

That letter opener. Maybe it was intended for someone who hated to open mail.
[stfl]

I missed 99% of the letter opener/dagger screen time so I just assumed it was a dagger.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2013, 05:41:34 AM »
Barnabas now sets out in a bumbling way to kill off his witch bride. Perhaps he should get some intructions from the person called Trask. He does almost succeed in killing his mother by a comedy of errors.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times