Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0399  (Read 615 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0399
« on: February 22, 2013, 05:41:16 AM »
Robservations #399

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0399

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 07:59:00 PM »
Oh boy, poor Vicki, is all I can say. This is one of those type of episodes that on the one hand is very good, but on the other hand is rather unenjoyable because of the content. Persecution of the innocent is something that gets harder and harder for me to bear the older I get. I was very relieved that Vicki was still safe at episode's end.

Great dialogue, good acting, no garbage. Loved seeing Sarah look 'normal' in the new house. And Blackburn gave a winning performance as Abigail in this episode. This is the first time I feel I can say that since 1795 began.

I was happy about Joshua at least speaking to Barnabas even though nothing good really came of it. He admits that he cares for his children (this obviously includes Barn). Had to love his dis of Angelique, lol. Barnabas did not come to the defense of his new bride - interesting.

Still no David Hennessy - just sayin'.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 08:15:45 PM »
Still no David Hennessy - just sayin'.

And unfortunately he won't be showing up for quite some time yet. I suppose he was enjoying his time in real school.  [snow_wink]

Sadly, though, the debut of a certain chronic hair toucher will be coming up soon.  [snow_strange]  If only it was later rather than sooner! But those are the breaks...

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 09:16:46 PM »
Barnabas chides Angelique (still in her peignoir for lighting candles in the middle of the day. Don'e forget we're poor now, he reminds her.

Sarah has a pretty little new frock, and a pretty little red cape too. In many ways, this is her episode, and she is true as steel (she must have learned it from Barnabas) as she hides Vicki and stands up to Abigail.

Nice moment when Joshua ignores Angelique, who is trying to play the gracious hostess on the day after her marriage. Joshua stiffly asks Barnabas's permission to enter the house and later to look for Sarah. Apparently Joshua’s desire to find Sarah has trumped his disinheritance of Barnabas less than forty-eight hours ago.

Later, in the drawing room with his father and Angelique, Barnabas exclaims to his father, I find it hard to believe that you agree with Aunt Abigail's fanaticism! I hope you now believe that Miss Winters isn’t in the house. But Joshua replies, My children are very precious to me. I can't bear to think that any of them could come to harm--or disgrace. With this he glares at Angelique, who angrily turns her back to him.

Meanwhile, poor Vicki is hiding in the dark little attic room, terrified for her very life….

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 02:30:38 AM »
The bookcase that is normally right of the fireplace is replaced by a lookibng glass in which to film Angeliques antics in relection. The camera is seen at the new house as Joshua and Abby enter the drawing room. Sharon manages to only sneak one look at the teleprompter in the new house, but in the old house she seems to have forgotten every other line. The family cave into Abby's demands for an exorcism.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times