Author Topic: Wayward mannequin arm  (Read 660 times)

Offline Ben

• Full Poster
  • That night must go ... nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Wayward mannequin arm
« on: March 01, 2002, 06:45:37 AM »
Didn't have a chance to see Thursday's eps, but from the montage I'm guessing that one of my fave Joan Bennett scenes aired -- where Naomi chides the mysterious woman whose arm is perched stiffly on Jeremiah's shoulder.  Naomi, unaware of her superhuman strength (sherry does a body good, eh?), yanks the arm right off of the poor woman's shoulder, then holds it and stares at it (still as lovely and in the same pose in Naomi's hands as it was on the other woman's body). The refined, dignified, softspoken Naomi now lets out this primal shriek.

Now I'm NOT trying to be jaded here  ::) but every time I watch this scene, with its less than convincing prop (but with great affection, I might add), I think to myself: "Naomi, you're like, totally losing it over a department store mannequin's arm!  Get a grip ...  well, okay, I see that you did."

I'll concede this is probably classic DS camp, but I LOVE IT!

Ben

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
Re: Wayward mannequin arm
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2002, 06:52:33 AM »
Ben, the idea of a mannequin would totally confound a woman from 1795.. . .no wonder she freaked . . plastic!  that won't be manufactured for another 100 years!  how is it here in my house??!!
Julia99 :o
Julia99