Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0398  (Read 808 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0398
« on: February 21, 2013, 05:03:21 AM »
Robservations #398

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0398

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 04:41:04 AM »
Poor Ben gets caught in Abigail's room by Abigail...had this only been a comedy, lol.

Jeez, I don't think Angelique lasted 24 hours on her vow to be a good girl from now on. And once again, Vicki is in the cross hairs.

Barnabas appears to be trying to make a go of his new life.

My favorite moment- Ben, referring to Vicki: "All I know is how good she's been to me."

Thayer David still performing at 100%.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 06:11:09 AM »
Ang really seemed to mean that oath, though.   At the time that is--- though it's irrelevant now since the threat has lightened up.   Jerimiah ought to take her back to the grave again, and shovel more dirt in this time.  Maybe a lot more.

I thought at the end, was this all Ang's plan, getting Ben caught, stopping him only after he said the word "witch" but before he could say the name?   To set up Vicki's conviction?   Later, it doesn't seem so, though.

I guess no one really considered a honeymoon, even a stay-at-home one, under the weird circumstances.   They seem to have moved on immediately to their stressful daily business, and they seem to sleep separately, from their first conversation.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 03:31:06 PM »
Apparently Angelique has spent her wedding night roaming the corridors of the Old House, hoping not to find Jeremiah.

Barnabas comes downstairs later and finds Angelique in the drawing room. He has apparently forgotten his earlier anger and seems sympathetic when she says she was awake all night. (We never learn how--or where--Barnabas spent the night, but it was not with his bride. Neither of them seems to remember it was their wedding night.)

Barnabas is taken aback at Angelique's jealousy of Vicki, but he's not afraid enough, not yet!

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 03:05:04 AM »
Vickie is once again surprised to learn that Angelique and Barnabas are married. She has apparently not considered that she ended up in another totally different world where everything is not as she thought it was. And Angelique seems to be jealous of any pretty thing that Barnabas looks towards.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 03:11:28 PM »
I wonder why Vicky was surprised at Barnabas marrying Angelique at all.  In the present time, Barnabas never mentioned who the "original" Barnabas married.

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2013, 08:02:03 AM »
I wonder why Vicky was surprised at Barnabas marrying Angelique at all.  In the present time, Barnabas never mentioned who the "original" Barnabas married.

Perhaps just because he married a servant - that would probably seem surprising.
Josette