Author Topic: Individual "Mark as Read" function  (Read 976 times)

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
Individual "Mark as Read" function
« on: June 25, 2003, 03:12:40 PM »
I've noted that when I try to mark a string as "read" with the singular button (after doing a Search New), it doesn't mark the string.  If I do another Search New--those posts (the string) still comes up.  Am I misunderstanding what this button is supposed to do?
Julia99

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re:Individual "Mark as Read" function
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2003, 10:02:34 PM »
No, you're not misunderstanding, but I'm not sure what's happening for you. Whether it's for an individual topic, a board, or an entire category, it works for me. And when I click on the mark read button:

it changes to the read indicator:

Are you getting that?

The mark read option for search new works with a Java script, so if not, perhaps you might need to upgrade Java for your browser. The latest version (1.4.1_03) is available for download at http://java.sun.com - just click on "J2SE 1.4.1" under "Popular Downloads", and then download the JRE for "Windows (U.S. English only)" under "Download J2SE v 1.4.1_03".

I hope that helps. ;)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re:Individual "Mark as Read" function
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2003, 06:48:39 AM »
The mark read option for search new works with a Java script, so if not, perhaps you might need to upgrade Java for your browser.

It just dawned on me that the extra smileys feature also work with a Java script. Can you use them? If so, then your problem with mark read can't be Java...