Author Topic: SHADOWGRAM OFFICIAL ONLINE DARK SHADOWS NEWS UPDATE # 279 (cruise news)  (Read 899 times)

Offline LdyAnne

• Full Poster
  • DS fan since 1967- run home from school kid
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
SHADOWGRAM OFFICIAL ONLINE DARK SHADOWS NEWS UPDATE # 279
The Official "Dark Shadows" Published Newsletters
The Official Dark Shadows Online News Updates
Marcy Robin's Cyberspace "Dark Shadows" News Updates
An Official Internet Publication of SHADOWGRAM
Each of these SG News Updates are initially posted through the ShadowGram Yahoo Group. Joining the Group is free.
For a Group invitation, contact Marcy Robin at the following e-mail address or join directly at: http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/ShadowGram/
E-Mail: ShadowGram@aol.com
Update Number 279.
January 31, 2013
Hello, Dark Shadows Fan,

ShadowGram (SG), The Official Newsletter & News Source for Dark Shadows (DS) announces the following breaking news in this Official Online News Update "bulletin."

**** SG PREMIERE ANNOUNCEMENT UPDATE

THE DARK SHADOWS FESTIVAL PRESENTS:
DARK SHADOWS HALLOWEEN 2013 OCEAN CRUISE
**** NEW DS GUEST ADDED
**** SPECIAL ADVANCE BOOKING OFFER EXTENDED

Last October, the SG Official DS Online News Updates premiere-announced a new, exciting, and very special event for DS fans and our actor guests to enjoy during the 2013 Halloween season.
SG Online Updates have continued to premiere-announce and report cruise details as we confirm them.
Here are the latest official plans and news.
October 27-November 3, 2013
Seven days round-trip from the New York City area to Bermuda, on board Royal Caribbean's Explorer of the Seas, all at a special rate.

---- Announcing: NEW GUEST:
MARIE WALLACE ("Mad" Jenny Collins, Eve, Megan Todd) will be sailing with you and with previously-announced guests KATHRYN LEIGH SCOTT (Maggie) and LARA PARKER (Angelique).
In October, SG reported that Marie had badly injured her shoulder and hip when she fell off the stage during a performance of the play "The Last Romance' in Waterbury, CT. She underwent surgery and was hospitalized for a couple of weeks, followed by physical therapy and treatment at a rehabilitation center near her Manhattan apartment.
She's home now and sounds great, happily saying she's doing well. She thanks everybody who sent their good wishes, get-well hopes, healing energies, caring thoughts and kind prayers.

---- CRUISE BOOKINGS UPDATE:
SPECIAL ADVANCE REGISTRATION BONUS!
The early registration offer has been extended and now runs through March 31.
Attendees who reserve their cabin with a REFUNDABLE deposit of $250 by March 31, 2013, will be invited to a private party with Marie, Kathryn, and Lara during the cruise. They also will receive an exclusive Dark Shadows celebrity gift bag.
PLEASE NOTE: In order to confirm your reservation, the refundable deposit is required at the time of booking when you call or e-mail the cruise travel agent, Hartford Holidays, as listed below.
Final payment is due no later than 75 days prior to the cruise - August 12, 2013.
The deposit amount is doubled should you choose to reserve a suite instead of a standard room. Room rates follow.
The cost of the 7-day event sailing to Bermuda:
Inside Staterooms from $749 per person
Ocean View Staterooms from $949 per person
Balcony Staterooms from $1099 per person
Suites from $1399 per person
Please Note: Rates are per person, based on double occupancy. Included are all meals, shipboard entertainment, all port charges and DS registration fee. Government fees and taxes of $125 per person are additional.
The cruise departs from Cape Liberty Cruise Port, New Jersey (NYC area), the evening of Sun., Oct. 27. The ship arrives at Kings Wharf, Bermuda, the morning of Wed., Oct. 30. Attendees will spend Halloween Day - Thurs., Oct. 31 - in Bermuda.
The ship departs from Kings Wharf in the late afternoon of Fri., Nov. 1, and returns to Cape Liberty Cruise Port in New Jersey, the morning of Sun., Nov. 3.
Any fans having questions should please directly contact the sponsoring travel agency that is booking the cruise:
Hartford Holidays is reachable via phone toll-free at 1-800-828-4813, weekdays Eastern Standard Time.
They also may be reached online via the following website. A flyer with details, cruise itinerary, and booking form information is available at their website:

http://www.hartfordholidays.com/DarkShadowsHalloweenCruise/Home.html
Cruise information also can be found at the DS Cruise Facebook page at:
https://www.facebook.com/events/475128925858897/?ref=ts&fref=ts
This cruise is being administrated by CruiseGourmet.com Magazine and Hartford HolidaysTravel.

---- NOTE: A minimum number of participants are required in order to operate this group cruise event. Artists / cast members are subject to availability.

---- CRUISE ROOMMATES
Fans who wish to locate a potential roommate(s) for the cruise may contact the DS Cruise Roommate Service Coordinator Pam Jarman at pljarman@hotmail.com
Pam will provide you with a form to help you make your arrangements.
She's been the Roommate Service Coordinator for the DS Festivals and Fest events for many years.
Fans may also go to the Dark Shadows Cruise Facebook page and post a request to locate a roommate if they wish. http://www.facebook.com/#%21/events/475128925858897/

---- SG Online Updates will premiere-announce and provide more confirmed cruise details as they become available, as well as other DS Fest- and DS- related news. All the information will be in the published SG Official Published DS Newsletters and through the SG Official Online News Updates via the SG YahooGroup.

YahooGroup membership information is at the top of this Update and also in a section near the end, or please e-mail Marcy Robin directly at ShadowGram@aol.com

**** PLEASE NOTE: Brief email Updates like this one are * NOT * the actual Official DS Newsletter. The published SG print issues expand and explain the short Online News Update posts.
The next ShadowGram Newsletter - SG #122 print issue - is underway and will be sent via postal-mail to all current subscribers when it is published soon. Its release will be announced in a SG Online Update via the SG Yahoo Group.
The postal-mail editions are available by paid subscription, noted below. Each print issue provides specific detailed information, exclusive / rare photos, media coverage - all much more than these brief email key-news Updates.
To subscribe to the complete postal-mail SG Newsletters:
--- US & Canadian First Class subscriptions are
$12.00 for 4 issues, $24.00 for 8 issues.
---Overseas Air Mail subscriptions are
US $20.00 for 4 issues, US $40.00 for 8 issues.
Please send your print issue subscription / renewal payment (check / money order) payable to:
Marcy Robin
P.O. Box 1766
Temple City, CA 91780-7766
You also can subscribe / renew using Paypal and ShadowGram@aol.com

**** SHADOWGRAM NOTES:
These breaking-news Official DS Online News Update "bulletins"are posted through the ShadowGram Yahoo Group.
To become a member of this free Group, please see information later in this Update or email Marcy Robin at shadowgram@aol.com
You also can email Marcy to request that an Invitation to the SG Yahoo Group be emailed to you. An invitation makes it even easier to join the Group.

**** MESSAGES FROM SHADOWGRAM
Please share with SG any DS-related media references you may find, such as articles, interviews, commentary, etc. SG also invites and welcomes your phoios and video footage. Such attention can come at any time for the DS personnel and their projects and appearances, DS Festival events; DS merchandise; etc. These items can be from online; on the air, or in print sources; be international, national, or local; general or detailed; accurate or incorrect in content; and have specific or generic references.
You can send all photos as a jpeg at high resolution to SG's e-mail address. You also can send hard-copy pictures to SG's postal-mail address. These addresses are above and following in this Update.
Please include your full name, the source, and date so I can list you as a Contributor in the published SG newsletters.
You also may receive a complementary Contributor's Copy for major donations of photos, information, funds, postage stamps, supplies, publicity, assistance, etc.
All such items are important to the ShadowGram Newsletters, the actual complete published Official DS Newsletter & News Source. Subscribers of all ages are across the US and worldwide. I send complementary copies of every issue directly to many of the DS cast and crew. They share their news with me for SG, and they enjoy learning about their DS colleagues in SG's pages.
Thank you in advance for your support and sharing.
This Update is posted to the ShadowGram YahooGroup and is dispersed by interested people to various lists, boards, websites, groups, blogs, Facebook, Twitter, LiveJournal, Tumblr, in personal emails and other online/print communications.
Please include ShadowGram's complete e- and postal- mail addresses and subscription information in your sharing.
You can join the ShadowGram YahooGroup easily at no cost:
http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/ShadowGram/
Membership in the group is free and you do not need to be a SG postal-mail subscriber to join.
You can read past SG Online Updates once you're a member of the group by clicking on the "Messages" tab.
If you'd like more information on how to become a SG YahooGroup member, or to get an invitation to join the Group, please e-mail Marcy Robin at ShadowGram@aol.com
Thank you.
Marcy Robin
ShadowGram Editor / Publisher
P.O. Box 1766
Temple City, CA 91780-7766
E-mail: ShadowGram@aol.com
YahooGroup e-mail: ShadowGram1@yahoo.com
Official ShadowGram Website: ShadowGram.com (hopefully to be updated soon)
SHADOWGRAM (SG) is the * Official * "Dark Shadows" Newsletter. Much of its news is directly provided by the show's personnel and those involved in the 1966-71 TV series, 1991 TV series, and the 2012 DS movie. Established more than 33 years ago in April, 1979, SG works directly with the cast /crew and related individuals, companies, and others involved in DS' creation, distribution, promotion, merchandise, etc.
SG print issues usually are published 2-3 times during the year. Time-sensitive bonus breaking-news free published updates may be sent as needed at any time to all current paid postal-mail subscribers.
These brief Update bulletins are posted through the ShadowGram Online "Dark Shadows" News Updates Yahoo Group. See subscription information and contact addresses above.
For more newsletter information or if you have any questions, please write with a SASE (Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope) to the above postal-address or e-mail: ShadowGram@aol.com
Thank you.

Offline Teresa

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: SHADOWGRAM OFFICIAL ONLINE DARK SHADOWS NEWS UPDATE # 279 (cruise news)
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 09:21:21 PM »
That is great Marie is going! She has had a tough year so I hope she really enjoys the cruise!
" Some day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny"

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 12:57:11 AM »
That's really nice to hear that Marie is doing better.  Here's to her further healing!  She's such a sweetheart.

Best, G.

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 08:42:50 PM »
Yes, Marie is. I've told this before; At my very first fest, she & M. Stroka left the autograph table and signed autographs and talked to the fans starting from the back of the never-ending line. It was a wonderfully personal and climatic experience as they slowly but surely got closer and closer. Wow. They were so down to earth and kind. It made standing in that long line an event in itself. I thought that was so gracious and considerate and kewl. It turned an otherwise mostly uneventful first fest experience into a wonderful feel-good memory. KLS also made my day at that first fest. I don't even remember the rest of it except the dealer's room...sorry to digress.

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 06:04:11 AM »
That's a very sweet story, dom, and I had not heard it before. I think virtually everyone has had at least one very nice encounter with Marie. I've run into her a couple of times away from the Festival and she's just as warm and genuine. If she's with someone, she always introduces me as her friend, not a fan.

As far the cruise goes, I'm thrilled that she's feeling well enough to make the trip. It's still out of the question for me--too much money and too long a trip.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 04:22:56 PM »
For me the length of time is also the major barrier. I'd consider  a cruise like that if it were in the summer. Being a teacher, I simply cannot take that much time off. I do pop off for long weekends from time to time but this would mean more than a week. I wish everyone well and hope they all have a wonderful time.