Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0377  (Read 659 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0377
« on: January 23, 2013, 01:03:53 AM »
Robservations - #377

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0377

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 06:21:25 PM »
Bennett looks fab as per usual. I like that Naomi treats Angelique like staff, I am not seeing Naomi's general warmth in her exchange with her. What I found most interesting about the story content of this episode is uttered before the title. We hear Angelique think to herself that she has set things into motion that even she cannot stop - even if she wanted to. Are we as viewers supposed to hold on to this revelation for some particular reason? It seems very purposeful. As if to plant a seed for sympathy or maybe excuses for Ange down the road if something goes awry. Or like maybe Parker is getting a lot of fan mail and they are already setting her up for redemption? Would you say that Naomi has had it up to here with the cards? lol After seeing Nat's tarot fan, you'd think that someone would peg her as the source of evil. Where's Abigail when you need her? Oh, there I go opening my mouth again.

The pitchfork brand is ridiculous. But only because at times it is passed off as a rash or whatever. It's a pitchfork and you should be freaked out about it. It has to be a supernatural event. Give me a break. So, Naomi busts Jer & Jos although at this point I am not sure she knows it. But she should because a pitchfork brand is not a coincidence, dream or no dream, rash or no rash. Naomi sees it on Josette, freaks, and runs to tell Jeremiah. I really liked the first scene between Bennett & George. The second scene (the confrontation) was okay. Both for content, not craft. Though the first scene was far better than the second, IMO.

Josette knows her way around men, she handled Nathan Forbes like a pro. Nice move passing her off to the available Millicent. And Nathan is a charmer, unfortunately Crothers is not at all convincing in the role of rake. But it's really only noticeable when he's being filmed from the waist up. Nathan is obviously interested in Millicent for her money once he has an idea of how much she's worth. I thought it was interesting that he was still interested in Vicki but he is probably interested in any new piece of meat he comes across. I guess he's an all-purpose pig.

Well, I am still diggin' the chemistry between KLS & AG. Good closing scene. KLS much better than AG but, content overrules quality in this case, IMO.

Ultimately, the whole episode was worth the watch for Naomi's star mole alone. Josette's heart mole was cute but nowhere near as fabulous.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 08:12:23 PM »
Naomi is wearing one of her most beautiful gowns, the one with the peach-colored velvet overdress and oyster satin gown. *sigh* Those beauty patches she and Josette wear are fun, aren't they?

Nathan and Jeremiah talk about a drawing for a U.S. Navy ship, and lo and behold, a reliable source tells me that from the quick glance the director lets you see, it might be an actual technical drawing of the U.S.S. Constitution or another ship of the same class, taken from a history of American sail by a classic author.

Josette's portrait has been removed from her room, [spoiler]so that it can appear “for the first time” after it arrives from France.[/spoiler]

I like Joel Crothers as Nathan Forbes. I suspect he must have enjoyed playing a scoundrel. Nathan flirts outrageously with the hapless Millicent. Although she protests that he is forward, she sends him on an errand that will bring him back to the house.

I always thought AG was pretty dull, but he and KLS do have chemistry. It's interesting to think about Mitchell Ryan playing these scenes and wearing these clothes.

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 01:09:46 AM »
I noticed Josette's portrait was gone as well. Your spoiler answered my next question. Your good, lol.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 08:40:29 PM »
there is much attention drawn to the devil marks on Josette and Jeremiah and nobody seems to make a connection. I guess the purpose is to frighten the audience.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times