Author Topic: Benefits Of Registration  (Read 5982 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Benefits Of Registration
« on: February 28, 2002, 07:59:08 PM »
Why become a registered member of Dark Shadows Forums?

For starters, whenever registered members visit a board on the Forum, they're alerted as to whether or not any new posts have been made in a thread. (Guests have to open a thread to check for themselves.)

Members can be notified by e-mail whenever someone posts in a thread that particularly interests them. (Guests cannot.)

Members can select an avatar just for fun or to represent their personalities from the already existing images, request a special DS related image, or provide one of their own. Members can also provide their own personal text to accompany their avatars or simply display the text on its own. (Guests can do neither.)

Members can modify their own posts. (Guests cannot.)

Once a member has registered his/her username, no one else can use that same name on the Forums.

Members can earn a special status within the Forum. (Guests cannot.)

Members can send/receive Instant Messages to/from other members. The Help files explain this feature in more detail. (Guests - well, I'm sure you've gotten the idea...)

Members can set the board time to display as their own time zone (as opposed to GMT, which is the forum default).

Members earn access to special Members Only Features - one of which is access to special boards in the Members' Archive showcasing DS articles, photos, scans, video, fan art work and DS celebrity chat transcripts (with such stars as Nancy Barrett, Diana Millay, Lara Parker & Marie Wallace) from the now defunct DSO Forum on AOL - as well as Kate Jackson's one and only online chat (so far, anyway).
Members can also look forward to other Members Only Features that are still in the planning stages. And they will be alerted by Forum e-mail whenever these new features are added.

So why miss out on all this? Become a registered member of Dark Shadows Forums now!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re:Benefits Of Registration
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2004, 06:41:46 AM »
Get more info by clicking on this link:

New members, or visitors about to register, please read --on Testing 1, 2, 3 board

Offline Garth Blackwood

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Benefits Of Registration
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 02:25:07 AM »
How do I request a particular DS avatar? I need one of Garth Blackwood!!  [snow_grin]
"I am the law sir ... I have one and only one warning for you-- STAND ASIDE"