Author Topic: Fangoria Double Header  (Read 781 times)

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Fangoria Double Header
« on: January 19, 2013, 01:20:34 AM »
The February 2013 has some pretty good interviews with Barbara Steele and Jessica Chastain.

Steele's is a career overview, from her Italian films to her current project, The Butterfly Room. She admits to having ambiguous feelings about doing the autograph circuit but does them for a practical reason: no pension. Being a producer was not her cup of tea but she managed to get along quite well with DC. According to Barbara, they had similar temperaments and she just wasn't scared of him.

She would have liked the 1991 Julia to have been written differently but DC didn't go with it. She admits to liking the Depp film but not "the frumpy light" that Julia was portrayed in.

Jessica Chastain outs herself as one of us. She's a DS fan and loved playing Carolyn Stoddard. She said that she understands why people love the show so much and is flattered, if a bit surprised, that people still ask her about it.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Fangoria Double Header
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 02:13:11 AM »
The February 2013 has some pretty good interviews with Barbara Steele and Jessica Chastain.

Thanks so much for the heads up, Uncle Roger.  [snow_smiley]

She would have liked the 1991 Julia to have been written differently but DC didn't go with it.

Yeah, well, I suppose we should just be grateful for the few overall changes DC did go for.

I've always been fascinated to know the changes she was able to get DC to agree to when she helped out with the scripts for the feature films that were to be based on the '91 DS. But who knows if we'll ever see those scripts - or if they even still exist?

Jessica Chastain outs herself as one of us. She's a DS fan and loved playing Carolyn Stoddard.

Great to know!

She said that she understands why people love the show so much and is flattered, if a bit surprised, that people still ask her about it.

Surprised is right! Especially when so few of us have even seen the pilot. But it's wonderful that people ask her about it.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 02:33:32 AM »
Has Chastain done any other horror/fantasy/supernatural projects beyond WB DS '04?  I'm surprised she's being interviewed in Fangoria, somehow.

Someone needs to make a feature length documentary about Barbara Steele. I could listen to her tell stories for hours.

G.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 03:25:57 AM »
I would presume that Chastain was mainly interviewed in connection to her film Mama, which opened today. Though Uncle Roger would obviously be the one to be able to tell us if that's true or not.  [snow_wink]

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 03:57:43 AM »
Exactly so, Mb. She wears a black wig in the film that changes her appearance radically. Kind of makes her look like a gothic soccer mom.
Fade Away and Radiate