Author Topic: Re:Happy Triskaidekaphobia Day To All!  (Read 855 times)

Offline Happybat

• Full Poster
  • Jag gillar Dark Shadows!
    • View Profile
Re:Happy Triskaidekaphobia Day To All!
« on: June 16, 2003, 05:06:48 PM »
Friday 13th was not a happy day for me at all!  Opening the paper that morning on the train to work I learned that my favorite actor, Gregory Peck, had just passed away.  My sad exclamation must have been heard from one end of the car to the other!  :'(

Gregory Peck one who seemingly had it all - talent, gorgeous looks, a voice to die for and life lived with the woman who was a soul mate.  More importantly, he seemed to be a genuinely good person virtually unaffected by the legendary status he had attained in Hollywood.  There was nothing of the primadonna about him.

He will be missed!  :'(
Happybat

"One can only truly understand what one can create"--Giambattista Vico, Italian philosopher

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2003, 06:33:06 PM »
I'm with you on this one, Happybat.  If I'd voted on that "Favorite Movie Heros" poll my vote would have gone with the others who made Atticus Finch the favorite.  Just hearing the music from that film makes me weepy.  Did you ever see the film they made of his stage-tour one man show where he talked with audiences about his life and career?  Wish I'd been in one of those audiences.  It would be nice if someone repeated that film now.  :-

"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Happybat

• Full Poster
  • Jag gillar Dark Shadows!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2003, 06:59:16 PM »
Did you ever see the film they made of his stage-tour one man show where he talked with audiences about his life and career?  Wish I'd been in one of those audiences.

Rainey,

I didn't just see the stage tour on tv, I actually went to see it when GP was here in Boston several years ago!  Although tickets were sold out that night I waited in line for cancellations and got the last ticket available.  What a treat!  When GP walked on stage he was a bit stooped the way a tall man in his early 80s can be, but the moment he began talking in that unmistakeable baritone, it was pure magic.  I just loved hearing him talk about his career.  My favorite story was about how he asked his current wife on a first date.  Some ladies have all the luck!   [wink2]

Glad that Atticus Finch made hero #1 - a good choice!  It does make me want to see the movie again, although my favorite Peck movie is still probably "Roman Holiday".

P.S. Sorry for being O.T., guys!

Happybat

"One can only truly understand what one can create"--Giambattista Vico, Italian philosopher

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2003, 07:33:02 PM »
YOU GOT TO SEE HIM?!   [a345]
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas