Author Topic: New Posting Feature: Quick-Reply form  (Read 1224 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
New Posting Feature: Quick-Reply form
« on: June 16, 2003, 05:26:07 AM »
You'll notice that below the last post on every page of every topic is the new Quick-Reply form. You'll find this much faster than the regular posting page, but it's faster because it has far less features. You may want to use it when you're not quoting from a post, not using smileys (or already know the codes for the ones you'd like to use), or not using YaBBC tags (or already know the codes for those). Also, there's no preview to check what you've written prior to posting it - but if you do happen to make a mistake, there's always the modify feature afterward. ;)

This feature can be enabled/disabled by checking/unchecking the box next to "Show Quick-Reply form in messageview?" in the "Preferences" section of your profile.

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re:New Posting Feature: Quick-Reply form
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2003, 06:33:33 AM »
Nice feature.

Thanx,
dom

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2003, 11:29:01 AM »
THANKS MB YOUR'E GREAT!!
       Love Anne ;)
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2003, 12:55:43 PM »
What fun....another new feature on the forum.  Is there no end to the possibilities?...   ???

Pepe, have you considered the possibility that your endless forum-tinkering is addictive?  Perhaps it's time someone dragged you up out of the dungeon (chains and all if need be) and down to a beach or park or somewhere where there's sunlight and fresh air?  ::)   
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2003, 01:09:41 PM »
Okay...I did this already on Testing 123, but let me see:
waay cool
are THESE YaBB codes?

Patt
What a Woman!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2003, 09:56:05 PM »
What fun....another new feature on the forum.  Is there no end to the possibilities?...   ???

Nope. In fact, I have several more mods waiting in the wings to be installed (a few will install features that will make accepting/welcoming new members much easier). And more new mods are being released almost every day. But believe it or not, there are actually dozens of them that I'm not really interested in at all.

have you considered the possibility that your endless forum-tinkering is addictive?

Um, haven't I made it clear that it's not a mere addiction - it's a passionate addiction? [lghy]

But seriously, there are several features that we had available for the SP forum that we still don't for SE. And there are a load more that I'd wished were available but weren't. The fact is that the features available on the forum will always be evolving as more mods are released/installed and I figure out how to create features on my own.

Perhaps it's time someone dragged you up out of the dungeon (chains and all if need be) and down to a beach or park or somewhere where there's sunlight and fresh air?  ::)   

Well, surprising as it may seem, I do get out of the dungeon - but I just don't tell you. (As a matter of fact, I have social plans for both tomorrow and Friday.) So, please, don't trouble your pretty little head with worries about me. [wink2]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2003, 10:57:45 PM »
waay cool
are THESE YaBB codes?

Yes-- the tags for bold, italics, and underline are YABBC.