Author Topic: And Another Unfathomable Plot Twist....  (Read 2094 times)

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
And Another Unfathomable Plot Twist....
« on: June 13, 2003, 04:33:40 PM »
So here's Barbabas.....overcome with blood lust.....unable to control himself......frantic to get away from the people he cares about, so he doesn't harm anyone else.

In desperation he flees to the weird room in the East Wing and lo and behold, he manages to get inside the place.

What's the VERY first thing he does?  Bite Carolyn.

Do you suppose the irony was intended?  I always hesitate to give the writers that much credit.  ::)

"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
Re:And Another Unfathomable Plot Twist....
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2003, 05:53:20 PM »
Rainey, don't you remember what our Mom's always told us "you can't run away from your problems they just follow you there".  What I don't get is what made him think in another time band he would be cured.  I just don't get that.  Than again the Barnster, has his own point of reality.  Even though it never pans through like he would like.

Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2003, 06:06:23 PM »
You're right, Birdie....my Mother actually did tell me that.   :D

I think what annoyed me most is that they did the scene with Barn and Quentin where he says "If I had a gun with silver bullets, I'd force you to use it on me." Well HELL!  How hard to come by would THAT have been...this is Collinsport!

Better to have skipped the remorseful dialogue and left the character honestly unrepentant..."Damn it....I didn't ASK to be a Vampire and I refuse to lay down and die for it!!".......I think I'd have disliked the character less if they weren't always trying to make the Sinner out to be a Saint.
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2003, 01:11:16 AM »
What I don't get is what made him think in another time band he would be cured.  I just don't get that.  Than again the Barnster, has his own point of reality.  Even though it never pans through like he would like.

He had two reasons to think this. The book he found indicated that in Parallel Time, he never became a vampire. He married Josette like he was supposed to and died of natural causes in 1830 as he would have. He's hoping the curse would not affect him in parallel time because the curse never took place there. Plus there's the fact that he himself does not have a counterpart there since the Barnabas in that band of time died in 1830. Of course, he was wrong, but he figured it was worth a shot.  :-

Offline onyx_treasure

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2003, 02:41:21 AM »
What I don't get is what made him think in another time band he would be cured.  I just don't get that.  Than again the Barnster, has his own point of reality.  Even though it never pans through like he would like.

He had two reasons to think this. The book he found indicated that in Parallel Time, he never became a vampire. He married Josette like he was supposed to and died of natural causes in 1830 as he would have. He's hoping the curse would not affect him in parallel time because the curse never took place there. Plus there's the fact that he himself does not have a counterpart there since the Barnabas in that band of time died in 1830. Of course, he was wrong, but he figured it was worth a shot.  :-

This explaination works for me, Dr. Eric Lang.  I have always questioned why he didn't leave as soon as possible when he discovered it didn't work.
     "his own point of reality"  I loved the way you put that, Birdie.  Don't we all have are own point of reality?

There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2003, 05:30:58 AM »

I think what annoyed me most is that they did the scene with Barn and Quentin where he says "If I had a gun with silver bullets, I'd force you to use it on me." Well HELL!  How hard to come by would THAT have been...this is Collinsport!

Even stupider .. Barnabas HAD that gun . .he had it made . .was it when Tom Jennings was midnight snacking on the good red-haired doctor?   ^-^
Julia99

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2003, 02:23:23 AM »
Well, he 'only' did bite Carolyn to 'overpower' her.

Birdie...I don't know 'bout you...but I'M saying don't run away/problems follow you.

Rainey...why should he be sorry...get real girl...come on:

He's a Collins...
 [noseinair]    [noseinair]  [noseinair]

Puleeze!!!

Remember yourself!!!

Patti [noseinair]
What a Woman!

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2003, 04:32:57 AM »

.was it when Tom Jennings was midnight snacking on the good red-haired doctor?   ^-^

don't know but i'll say Julia was a lucky girl ;D

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2003, 03:27:11 PM »
don't know but i'll say Julia was a lucky girl ;D

jennifer

Yes she was!  And she knew it too by the look in her eyes and how she seductively removed those scarves. . she was pretending to resist for Barnabas but she ran after Tom wildly. . but who could resist that deep voice and very aerobic tongue? [a233]
Julia99

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Re: And Another Unfathomable Plot Twist....
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2009, 09:48:12 AM »
Yes Tom's tongue was out of control....just imagine all the sorts of things he could do.......huh hummmmm.....moving on...
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/