Author Topic: Q for Parents  (Read 3276 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Q for Parents
« on: June 12, 2003, 11:45:09 PM »
Just wondering...how many (if any) of you have graduating seniors this year (thinking Midnite or Birdie)??

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re:Q for Parents
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2003, 12:03:46 AM »
Just wondering...how many (if any) of you have graduating seniors this year (thinking Midnite

Don't worry, Midnite - I'll handle this for you!

Bite your tounge, Patti!! [nono] Midnite's kids are NOWHERE NEAR OLD ENOUGH to be graduating seniors!!!! And, of course, that's because Midnite herself is MUCH TOO YOUNG to even have a child that old!!!!
Shame on you for even suggesting such a thing!!  [a395]

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2003, 12:53:48 AM »
dear Midnite:

I'm sorry and I repent

PLEASE FORGIVE ME
 :'( :-X :'( :-X

Patti

[stupid]
What a Woman!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2003, 01:16:38 AM »
LOL

(MB, your check is in the mail.  ^-^)

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2003, 01:22:21 AM »
(MB, your check is in the mail.  ^-^)

[wink2]

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2003, 02:01:27 AM »
I ain't got no kids, and I ain't that old (graduated from high school in '75), but I'll tell ya something really scary.  I didn't go to my 25th reunion in 2000, but talked to a classmate who did (we had about 740 in our class).  I asked her:  "Did anyone pull out pictures of..............grandchildren?"  She gulped, took a moment to compose herself, and answered:  "Yes."  I'm glad I didn't go.

Gerard

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2003, 02:21:24 AM »
and I ain't that old (graduated from high school in '75)

But, Gerard, that doesn't necessarily tell us anything about your age. After all, you might have been held back in five or more grades for all we know. [b003]

[a2a3]

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2003, 03:26:58 AM »
and I ain't that old (graduated from high school in '75)

But, Gerard, that doesn't necessarily tell us anything about your age. After all, you might have been held back in five or more grades for all we know. [b003]

[a2a3]

That'll work for me, MB!  Tee-hee!  Unfortunately, though, I did graduate at the regular age.  I say unfortunately, because of the grandchildren pics.  I could've probably handled it if I, and a ton more, were at least five years older.  "Middle-aged" - who woulda thunk?  It sure isn't the way they described it in the brochure.

Gerard

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2003, 01:54:56 PM »
Hey, MB, some of us started younger than others. hehe.
Patti, don't have any seniors this year, college or high school.
My third is graduating middle school next week.  She is on a role of activities.  Last night some battle of the bands thing.  Tonight a "semi" formal dance.  Right now she is not very happy with her parents I would not let her get her nails done.  Hey, it is 8th grade, not a prom.  Monday, she is off to Six Flaggs N.E., the kid has more parties than I would even imagine.
The other sad thing is my son is 21 and now going to the bars I used to go too.  That is scary.

Gerard, thank god no grandchildren and it can be a very long time as far as I am concerned.  I met this woman at the book store last night I use to work with her, she asked me if any of my children were married or had kids.  Disregard any reports of a woman murdered in book store in centra N.E.

Birdie

Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2003, 04:14:55 PM »
I met this woman at the book store last night I use to work with her, she asked me if any of my children were married or had kids.  Disregard any reports of a woman murdered in book store in centra N.E.

Birdie

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we won't tell honey....your secret is safely 'buried' :-X

Patti
What a Woman!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2003, 08:23:09 PM »
Disregard any reports of a woman murdered in book store in centra N.E.

Well, if you followed the Collins example of burying the body in an unmarked grave in the woods, the body will never be found, so who's to say she just didn't up and leave town suddenly like so many in Collinsport supposedly had? [wink2]

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2003, 09:11:33 PM »
I ain't got no kids, and I ain't that old (graduated from high school in '75), but I'll tell ya something really scary.  I didn't go to my 25th reunion in 2000, but talked to a classmate who did (we had about 740 in our class).  I asked her:  "Did anyone pull out pictures of..............grandchildren?"  She gulped, took a moment to compose herself, and answered:  "Yes."  I'm glad I didn't go.

Hi Gerard,  Well, I certainly ain't ready for any Grandchildren yet!!  I found the two that I got exausting enough, LOL!!   My oldest daughter is in college now and will be 20 next month and my youngest is graduating from H.S. next year.     Now that they're finally older and into that "young adult" stage (well almost)  Im ready to enjoy my own life and start doing more things for myself!   I mean, it's lovely to have Grandchildren in the future sometime,  just as long as they go home at night, to their own home!   LOL!  ;)
Cassandra
"Calamity Jane"

Offline LoveAtFirstBITE

• Full Poster
  • A repressed hysteric
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2003, 09:43:46 PM »
Obviously I don't have any kids..........

But I AM a senior!

YAY!!          [hello]               [9391]           [hello]           YAY!

And I am graduating, by the way............yesterday when I pulled into the student parking lot a bunch of cars were parked every which way--the senior prank.  At first they were actually told their graduation was in jeopardy....."Unfortunately tonight, 67 of our seniors will not be graduating."   Now they have to wash windows after school.  [snicker]  But I was actually parked in between lines, hence I do not have to wash windows.

And now I am free to pursue a life of religious fulfillment.............

with Barnabas...................

in my closet.

[grinb]

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2003, 10:23:34 PM »
The other sad thing is my son is 21 and now going to the bars I used to go too.  That is scary.
Our daughter will be 21 in September and anxious to start the bar scene. Unfortunately, all the places I used to go are now long gone and replaced with condos, diners, or empty lots.

Gerard, thank god no grandchildren and it can be a very long time as far as I am concerned.  I met this woman at the book store last night I use to work with her, she asked me if any of my children were married or had kids.  Disregard any reports of a woman murdered in book store in centra N.E.
Totally in agreement with you, Birdie![bigok] Most of my friends have grandchildren except the ones that were childless by choice or those that have children are too busy on the career track to stop, get married and start the next generation. I keep telling my daughter to PLEASE take her time, get her education, work, travel and do a million things before even finding Mr. Right. I am in NO HURRY for grandkids either--it's MY TIME now.

carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2003, 11:33:43 PM »
But I guess everybody, especially Cassandra and Carol as we mull together this sign of progressing years, there is one very bright point about eventually becoming grandparents (when it does happen, which does make it seem that if - as Frazier once put it - the last bloom isn't necessarily off the rose, the sound of pruning sheers is awfully close) is one old axiom:  grandchildren are a parents' revenge on their children.  Spoil 'em rotten, and then hand 'em back!

Gerard (Who's Favorite Bumper Sticker He Saw On A Large Winnebago Read:  I'm Enjoying My Retirement Spending My Kids' Inheritance)