Author Topic: Grayson Hall--1965 Oscars footage  (Read 847 times)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Grayson Hall--1965 Oscars footage
« on: December 27, 2012, 02:37:29 AM »
Fans, footage from the 1965 Oscarcast has been posted on Youtube which includes two glimpses of Grayson Hall, nominee for Best Supporting Actress of 1964 for her critically-acclaimed work in the film Night of the Iguana, in the audience at the ceremony.  First, the camera lingers on Grayson in the audience as her name is announced and she smiles a little nervously.  The second glimpse comes if you look carefully behind Miss Kedrova when she stops to give co-star Anthony Quinn an embrace; Grayson is smiling gloriously and you can get a glimpse of Sam sitting next to her:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS5zp5Z46I8

I have been told that in the complete video, you can catch other glimpses of Mr. and Mrs. Hall at various points in the proceedings.

I absolutely love Grayson's gown and the heavy black couture earrings with which she accessorized it.  The gown makes me think of the work of revolutionary Sixties French designer, Courreges.  It would be fascinating to know specifics of the gown.

She looks utterly glamorous, radiant, and simply stunning!

G.

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Grayson Hall--1965 Oscars footage
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 03:05:52 PM »
Wow, I never though I'd see this. You are correct, Go, Grayson looks gorgeous and fabulous. Makes me wonder if the Julia Hoffman wig was hers? Thanx for posting this link.